Katycakes Won't Give Up...

I loved that CD took the hassle & planning out of dieting... kind of takes your mind off food totally, if you are properly in ketosis and going well!
I feel this way, too. No options -- makes it so easy. You can't fudge on the portions or make an 'iffy" choice. But, it also does not train you to eat properly.
All the same, SW is better for me now. I bet it'd be a great way to maintain, a framework if you know what I mean...
I am going to check out SW for mainenance -- there is a meeting very near to be. I liked the fitness portion of the RC programme (and the instructor) but it was a Satruday morning and quite a trek.
I know what you mean about WW too, I am sure it works but I am so number-blind I'd be hopeless!
I was able to do well on WW way back when you even weighed your food, but it was veyr time consuming and I no longer have the patience for something that involved.
xxx

Hi KatyCakes,

It is good to see you are well and truly back, and even supplying your usual sage advice and super support.

Good Luck, Kira.

Hiya Chick... loving SW although this week gained 1 lb even sticking to plan... totm so not worried. SW has helped to calm down my eating a lot and given me some space... so grateful for that. I know the weight will go, so not about to rock the boat... going back to CD is not an option for me any longer alas. How are you Jess? Day 4 100% I think? You are going great!!!

xxx

Morning Katy, glad to see you so happy with SW.... definately a calmer place for you... am hoping it will be the same for me too..... have a great day xx

Are you starting a SW diary GE or is there one and I've just lost it?

xxx

Haven't started a diary yet...... am still confused about what to do which is why I am attempting SW so that I am actually doing something....

OK. I do understand... but if you struggle, worth trying a diary, as it's the way i got the hang of this... the weeks of trying t do it without were a mess! I think you know the plan better than I did, though! Hope you are going OK so far!

xxx

Thanks Jess... busy day so far, lots of dashing around in headless chicken mode, this has been great as no time for snack... yay! Home now and must chain sef to laptop for next 10 hours and get a chunk of work done. Here we go... (minis is just a warm-up, right?)

xxx

Hi Katycakes,

Glad to see that you are back posting and doing okay. Sorry about the rain in Scotland -- but we had it here, too. And, here it was needed, the grass was a bit less green than normal.

Mel

Practically monsoon weather here, roads beginning to flood... come back sun, all is forgiven! Work day again and tomorrow packing to head off on the first of three work trips, NE Scotland to begin with... here comes a challenge, as these trips were somehow easier to manage on CD! I will cope though, all a good learning curve. Hope you are settling back into your routine Mel, awesome at the sts after the holiday in US, pretty impressive I think! Onwards and downwards...

xxx

I'm sure you'll be fine on your trips Katy. If nothing else you will be busy so won't have time to think about food too much. Just make sure you have plenty of fruit around all the time. Bananas are filling and will keep you going. Scanbran & peanut butter might be a good food to take with you to give you a quick snack as it doesn't need to be kept cold...

Hope you are able to log on a few times on your travels - can't be doing without both Bess AND you! :)

Hello Katy, Hope you`re well :D Xx

Morning Katy, Hope all is good with you, good luck with managing food on your trip hun is this the first whilst on SW? i'm sure you'll be fine as Alli says go prepared with snacks and you'll do brilliantly!
Wishing a great week hun
xx

Hello SS! Great to see you hun, how's tricks? I am on SW now but keeping my CD maintainers diary for the support! After a sticky start I am really happy now, and slowly the weight is shifting. What are you up to then?

Hi Lelly! Yes, all good... weight on the move again after a sts/ totm week. Yep, first trip away on SW so looking forward to see how I handle it. I am hopeful and determined... but may use a couple of CD shakes leftover to fill any gaps. Then on future trips I am strictly SW! Will do some planning now and make sure I go prepared. Here goes! Hope all is good with you.

xxx

How are you finding SW? Are you going to classes? Or doing it alone?

I hope you have a lovely trip, Where are you off to??

I`m "ok", Not been doing anything really :/ And since I left work 3 weeks ago I`ve piled a few lbs on :( So I really need to shift them :sigh: Xx

I don't have a class anywhere near alas so minis is keeping me on track. Have a dairy on the SW section, see my signature link. The trip is work, but will be bitty and staying in small B&Bs, so will need to plan ahead for food. Away again the next week and one after that, so there's a crash course in travelling with SW I guess! I will make it work.

Glad you're OK... I'm sure those few lbs will soon come off again. Will you follow a plan to shift them or just do healthy eating?

xxx

Hi Katy

Glad to see you are doing well on SW. I have always, for some reason, found it confusing, and I wish I didn't as the logics of it make for a good "healthy" way to eat after moving up the plans, not "pointing" everything, or counting every single calorie, but limiting certain foods in a sense. For me, I absolutely know, carbs are a downfall, and so really I should be looking to go to the Red Plan...just have to get all sorted in my head too.

Anyway, hope the rain is staying away today, and wish you all the best for your trips away :) xx

I`m sure you`ll manage to keep on track whilst away, I have every faith in you :) Xx

I really don`t know what I`ll do tbh :sigh: I`m going to try and cut back on my carbs and start moving my lard arse lol But I need to find out when my hospital appt is, I know it`s coming up but lost the appt letter :rolleyes: If I`m really not going to shift the lbs before then, I may have to take drastic actions and do a week of 810 :confused:

I`m hoping that cutting carbs will be enough, We`ll see ;)

Have a fab week Xxx

Hi AlexM, SS & Jess. SS - what Jess said... no running ourselves down allowed! You have done SOOO well give yourself some credit hun. Bet the carb cutting is enough, so don't panic!

AlexM, I admit it took me a little while to get the hang of SW but if you went to a group you might pick it up faster. I have found that having a SW diary helps as kind SWers have helped with advice and pointed out any mistakes... now it is starting to come together and feel more natural, which is what I want. You could do it no worries hun, after your brilliant success on CD/Exante. For me, it is a lifeline, has taken the fear out of food at last, given me a framework I can work with.

Day two of trip, so far so good... will post the food over on SW board, but have done the best I can.

Hope everyone is good today. Sunny up here in NE Scotland, wooo!!!

xxx

Hi KatyCakes,

It is good the read how well you are doing on SW after your bit fo struggle. I guess it is my turn to struggle a bit... but I am sure I will recommit on the 16th 9after my mini holiday in Majorca and my son's 20th Birthday). Anyway, I am hanging in there... just not losing (or exercising).

@LiSe and AlexM -- SOUTH BEACH DIET. Look into it. My DH has lost 43 pounds since January 2nd and has had no issues, weak moments, etc. It really does work. It is a low carb and low fat diet. Not NO Carb, No Fat -- just a plan where you eat food that has nutritional value and in proper quantities.

I hope all of you have a wonderful week.

Mel

Back