Katycakes Won't Give Up...

I do sympathise Katy, having a good CDC is so important and I was so lucky to find Mandy the first time round. Because of distance, my restarts involved another two or three CDCs, none of which were a patch on M. I was so glad when I moved, that she is only down the road from me now. She is very much for the mental side of weight loss and maintaining and has been doing a lot of training in that respect, so that she can run intimate workshops (6 people) max. She has spent countless hours with myself and Jess tapping and CBTing. It is never about "Hello" "Let's get you weighed" "How many packs do you want to buy?" "See you next week"

I consider myself very lucky and will definitely be attending her workshops when she starts them. Her support is amazing.

xxxx

Hope you soon feel better. Sunny here, is it with you? Hope so. xxx

Morning Katy, was thinking about your CDC, you could try talking to her, just because she isnt maintaining her weight doesn't mean she doesn't know how to, we all know "how" to maintain our weight but we are not very practised at it at the moment and keep getting it wrong, so she could possibly know the answers, but just be as unpractised as us at carrying it out (if that makes sense).

Anyway, hopefully 1000 will cut it for you and you will find a place dietwise where you feel you belong, for the time being I am sticking to 810 as it just feels right, SS didn't and will analyse it day by day, I guess that is all we can do.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to town, have a good afternoon xx

GE, I have tried, lots of times. Her advice is usually to go down to SS for a while... which I think would send me off the deep end. Or to cut out bars/ porridge. Which would make a limited diet even worse. Ot to 'try harder'. Not possible, I promise you. We have talked about her weight as well, with her talking through various options none of which included CD.

@ Chels, sounds quite like some of your ex CDCs, but Mandy sounds fab.

Bess, no sun a seriously freezing. Met a farmer's wife from up in the hills who told me snow was forecast for wednesday! Gah!!!

xxx

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling very well Katy, you look after yourself. You are still doing very well with the diet...am watching from afar and envious! Hope the snow fails to appear but the sunshine steals its way up from sunny Lincolnshire ;) xxx

Hey Katy, as far i as I can tell cutting out bars/porridge unlikely to help with losses, never really had anyone have a major prob with either other than maybe bars triggering off plan eating, but again that's more to do with the head than the packs themselves anyway. I doubt if moving to SS would be beneficial esp at your BMI and as you say would prob make things worse. Hope you will give the 1000 cal a go and see if that helps you hun xx

I know Lelly, that advice is not for me at all, just know it's not going to help. You are my online CDC, lol, your wisdom is always spot-on. She is lovely, honestly, but fear it is getting towards the end of the CD road for me. Another day of 810 and then 1000, I will be fine, and now looking into GI & SW too as other routes that may take me to where I want to go. Just need a break from CD before it breaks me! I know you understand, and I love that nobody on here ever judges, and that makes it possible for me to go on posting even when I am feeling pretty low and confused. But I think that this is the right thing.

xxx

Glad you are looking into alternatives too hun, CD is not the only way as we know, other on here proving that too. We'd never judge hunny, we're all in this together cd or no cd!

xx

Hi all
How is everyone doing this Monday afternoon?
Still on the cd and I have survived the 12 or 13 wks on sole source.
Next wk will be 16 wks I have been on sole source.
Has anyone been on sole source pass the recommend time on it?
thanks

Thanks Jess & Lelly, big hugs.

Hello PCOS, well done on your journey so far! You've posted on the maintainers board so maybe would get better replies over on the main part of the CD board... think most of us have followed SS for the recommended time only, and most of us are on higher plans over here anyway... Good luck with your journey hun!

xxx

Katy, I don't think any of us are in a position to judge you and nor would we. That's what I love about this forum, we can be completely honest with ourselves and each other, without judgement. Just plenty of support and good advice and long may it continue. You're doing great, you haven't thrown in the towel, you are seeking alternatives. Something that will be more sustainable for you. Credit for that hun xxx

Sweetas, thank you. Sometimes helps to be reminded that things are moving in right direction when you're feeling so bogged down, so realy appreciate the kind words. You're doing really well too!

Chels, I know, you lot are fab. I am not going anywhere... just sitting tight and investigating options right now. Feeling a bit better than earlier, all my water today has come with added zinc/ vit c/ echinacea, lol...

xxx

hiya

i think that we are all in the same boat. i've always found ss the easy option as i stick to it 100% just because of ketosis, i don't want to risk coming out of ketosis and feeling the hunger so i don't do anything out of plan. even the 810 plan but when i get to 1000 and beyond it seems my will power goes south as well. when i try to do the 810 again that's when i pick cause i know i'm not in ketosis and i know that i'm hungry and i will be that way for a few days. this maintenance thing is so hard. it is very much a game of head in the right place. i keep talking about doing ww but i just can't do it. i could never do sw cause it's just too loose a plan.... green day and eat pasta, i'd eat a full packet given an opportunity. i like the strictness i think.

good luck on the 1000.

Thanks Great Things. I saw on your diary that you have had the same kind of struggles but didn't post because I wasn't in a good place either and didn't want to confuse things. Yes, i think the steps are hard, but this time around for me the whole journey has been hard. I do think it is SO worth trying to do everything right the first time around to avoid this because it's just torture alot of the time. You can make it work... you have done incredibly well so far. I notice you are the same height as me and I was steady at 11st for 6 months or so, would do anything to be back there now.

I am scared of SW too, of anything food-based, but I have to accept that the pattern I've got myself into is not good. I cannot try any harder than I am, so feel there's no option but to look at other options. I plan to stay on here until/unless evicted, so will let people know how I get on... deep breath and here goes!

xxx

Hugs Katy - so many of us have had the same feelings! I knew this year that I couldn't go back to CD even if I wanted to (and I so desperately wanted to). There are a million ways to lose weight and some work once but not the 2nd time, some we can do over and over again with good results and some never work for us. It's a matter of trial and error.

You have done SW before so will know whether it has worked for you. For me I end up using the "free food" as an excuse to overeat. I can quite happily eat a big bowl full of plain pasta (used to use syns for a bit of butter) and I stopped losing weight. If you can manage your portion sizes, then SW is great as it gives you such freedom.

That's why I like WW - it is a bit more rigid than SW but I can still choose what to eat but just can't have that much of some stuff.

GI is great - but personally I believe it's a maintenance way of eating rather than a way to lose weight. I have eaten GI/GL before (and it's a very Scandinavian way of eating) but haven't seen a diet plan that limits the amounts and again it's so easy to over eat as low GI doesn't necessarily mean low - cal.

Do some research and see if you can find something that supports your lifestyle - unless you need support groups you don't really need to go with one of the more common diets such as WW/SW/RC but choose anything you like the sound of and see how you go.

I've done most diets out there so happy to offer consultancy services :D I charge in virtual G &Ts ;)

Last edited:
Evening Katy, I definately know where you are coming from with the CD doing your head in, that has happened to me so many times and I have tried a different diet, even a few weeks ago I knew CD was not for me anymore and joined WW, but after 3 weeks on WW I felt much better and ready to face CD again, maybe you will find another plan that you can stick to, or maybe after a break you will go back to CD. You can only find out by trial and error, pick a diet and a back up diet as Beck says and make neither of them CD, you seem to be able to pick food wisely when not on CD so maybe it will be better for you to pick something different. I remember when we all did CD before and you posted your menus and they always looked so good (apart from the peanut butter and oatcakes... ha ha), you just need to find something so you can get to that place again. We are all here for you and we definately need you here as you are a great support to us, even if you feel you are a fraud as you cannot stick at CD, your kind words always make us feel better, you are not a fraud, you are a lovely, kind and generous person.... we need you!!!

Lol Alli, sounds like a bargain! I was thinking of a GI version of SW, if that is possible! As a veggie, last time I ate a LOT of rice on SW and would need to make it less carby I think. I keep thinking WW is not for me, too complicated and alot of pre-made foods that never seem appealing to me, but I don't actually know. SW did work, until i stopped doing it.

A bit of me thinks, could I just do my own healthy eating wholefood plan, but not too sure if i have the willpower for that right now. Need to get my head straight again.

:party0016::party0016::party0016::party0016:

xxx

cross-posted Greeneyes.

Thanks... wise words as well. It feels less scary knowing I can go back, even though I feel for me that going back to CD would not be a good plan, you never know. As you say, all I know is that right now this isn't possible.

You will be dismayed to know that the peanut butter & oatcakes have been a part of several recent binges... sigh. I think they have to go onto my trigger list.

Reading tonight... I will get there.

Thanks GE, and all of you, big hugs.

xxx

peanut butter a big big problem for me...don't buy it anymore! problem solved!

Back