Katy's Diary

Hey hunny, so pleased to hear about your stone loss!! That's amazing!!

Sorry you're not feeling too good. Have you tried taking vitamin tablets? Also with ketosis I've noticed I don't sleep as well and I don't have these bags if energy everyone else does. Try getting yourself in a routine of going to bed at a decent hour and try Horlicks or camomile tea to help you sleep. If you're getting up early and you've not had enough sleep even in ketosis you're gonna end up running yourself down.

I usually find after a good sleep I feel a tonne better. Hope this helps anyway and you feel better soon!!

Also wpw you're doing fab!! Don't give up now, nobody gets slim without hard work and we all have to remember that this diet is hard!! Push through the hard times and the good times will come rolling in. Stop focusing on the number on the scales and focus more about how you feel being in control of your eating habits. You'll feel better for pushing on rather than giving up. You'll see the number on the scale going down soon enough, I promise!!!

xx

Thanks hun, hope so :)

Thanks, Ames! Well, I've been taking multivitamins and honestly, I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to sleep. I'm a cow if I don't get enough! I don't drink caffeine after lunch time and chill out before bed. I sometimes don't sleep as well on this, but generally catch up on it the next night. I think it's fatigue setting in- had a battle with it since the accident and really don't want to contend with that again. I don't have time for this. Hmmm. Doc on Monday then?! I've had a lot of time off for operations and really don't want to have anymore off. :-/

I'd definitely recommend seeing the doctor then! If you need time off, you need time off. Your health is more important xx

Katy I think it's your body's way of saying 'woah, slow down sister' ;) I would mention the diet to the doctor, because it *may* be that you need more calories to heal yourself - maybe something high protein like Dukan (I felt GREAT when I did dukan for 5 months)

I understand how you feel about work and not wanting to take more sick time - but maybe they could let you go back to your reduced hours for a while until you're feeling up to scratch?

I've come off plan to see if I feel better. I've had a packet of chipsticks (135 cal) and m&s chicken and veg soup- wild, eh?

Hope this isn't sabotage! Lowest I've been for quite some time!

Ok- had chicken and broc for tea and a choc pack and Nat yog for desert, so, a few extra cals... I don't want to stop losing though!

Thanks for the support, girls! Got doc today at 430 so Ill let you know how that goes. Had choc pack and yoghurt this am so far... I actually don't want to eat 'normal' foods right now, I'd rather stuck to the diet but I'll keep mixing it up a bit for now. Xxx

I guess you can 80% stick to the plan and make sure any extras are super healthy i.e. no sugar and you'd definitely still lose, but possibly with a bit more energy.

I've hit the carbs (again) today - and a can of squirty cream! :D:D:D Ordered loads of packs which will come tomorrow, so will have to get back on track at some point....

I had a headache this morning so thought a jacket potato would make it go away (and a snickers, and some crisps)...it worked!! ;)

Got an OU assignment due Weds which I'm really behind on gah!

Anyway...sorry for rambling on your thread I don't want to go into my thread as it is all 'I'm starting again!' when I never do :(

Let us know what the doctor says Katy x x x x

I guess you can 80% stick to the plan and make sure any extras are super healthy i.e. no sugar and you'd definitely still lose, but possibly with a bit more energy.

I've hit the carbs (again) today - and a can of squirty cream! :D:D:D Ordered loads of packs which will come tomorrow, so will have to get back on track at some point....

I had a headache this morning so thought a jacket potato would make it go away (and a snickers, and some crisps)...it worked!! ;)

Got an OU assignment due Weds which I'm really behind on gah!

Anyway...sorry for rambling on your thread I don't want to go into my thread as it is all 'I'm starting again!' when I never do :(

Let us know what the doctor says Katy x x x x

Ok - a quick run down on the day... I got up and had a choc cripspy shake with nat yog which was amazeballs! Then, I went back to bed with a cuppa... this morning wasn't too picky and basically I rested for a bit before I went out to the DR. I had M&S pea and ham soup for lunch and then an atkins coconut bar. I decided they were the same size as bounty bars, so helped myself to another (slap).

I went to the doc and explained how I was feeling - I was in there for half an hour and he took my blood pressure which was a bit low. He said I've to be signed off for at least two weeks - he'll review in 2 weeks time and in the mean time I've to have a blood test tomorrow morning. My glands are up again too, so he's going to check for glandular fever and also thyroid. I feel a bit weird for being off for being tired, but I actually can't go on any further. So, blood results back in a week. He thinks it might just be post op malaise and expecting too much of myself. :cry:

I said I'd been on a diet and he asked me if I thought it was related and I said no. He reckoned I would be ok on 1200 calories or so for the moment as i'm not exerting myself too much. He said listen to my body and make sure I'm eating lots of fruit and veg. I do feel better on S&S, so I'm going to keep going, but like I said before maybe not 100%. I'll allow myself extra veg, protien and other stuff that's GOOD for me. I need to make that rule otherwise I'll start buying cakes and chocolate!

Watching bake-off... fabulous! How are we all doing tonight? I'm going to watch Embarrassing Fat Bodies in bed in a bit. xxx

so glad he has signed you off - you can sort yourself at leisure (sort of) without feeling guilty as it is doctors orders :)

Will be interesting to see what the bloods say

Definitely try to stick to healthy only extras - food is a bit like medicine or poison (so some quote that I've seen on facebook says...!) and obviously I'm paraphrasing, it's put a bit more poetically than that!! :D:D

xxx

Ok - a quick run down on the day... I got up and had a choc cripspy shake with nat yog which was amazeballs! Then, I went back to bed with a cuppa... this morning wasn't too picky and basically I rested for a bit before I went out to the DR. I had M&S pea and ham soup for lunch and then an atkins coconut bar. I decided they were the same size as bounty bars, so helped myself to another (slap).

I went to the doc and explained how I was feeling - I was in there for half an hour and he took my blood pressure which was a bit low. He said I've to be signed off for at least two weeks - he'll review in 2 weeks time and in the mean time I've to have a blood test tomorrow morning. My glands are up again too, so he's going to check for glandular fever and also thyroid. I feel a bit weird for being off for being tired, but I actually can't go on any further. So, blood results back in a week. He thinks it might just be post op malaise and expecting too much of myself. :cry:

I said I'd been on a diet and he asked me if I thought it was related and I said no. He reckoned I would be ok on 1200 calories or so for the moment as i'm not exerting myself too much. He said listen to my body and make sure I'm eating lots of fruit and veg. I do feel better on S&S, so I'm going to keep going, but like I said before maybe not 100%. I'll allow myself extra veg, protien and other stuff that's GOOD for me. I need to make that rule otherwise I'll start buying cakes and chocolate!

Watching bake-off... fabulous! How are we all doing tonight? I'm going to watch Embarrassing Fat Bodies in bed in a bit. xxx

Sounds like a great doctor and good advice to listen to your body. Hope u feel better soon x

How did the blood test go Kate the Skates? (this is one of my cat's names :D - named after Kate in Lost, 2 boys in the litter were called Jack and Sawyer!) and how are you feeling today?

Hey! Had my fasting blood test this morn. I'm normally quite robust with all things medical but was a bit of a fainty wimp today. Got through it though- results in a week. I've had several of these in the past year or so, so honestly it would be an answer if it showed something wasn't quite right--- then we could put it right!

I got up today and had such a headache so after the blood test I went back to bed... And couldn't get up! I managed to walk into town and realised I had forgotten my purse... Perfect! Saved me buying any naughties though!

Food wise I've been ok today. Had choc shake mixed with Nat yog, coconut bar, sugar free jelly, 2 squares really dark choc, celeriac chips with salmon... Ate double salmon portion though! Oops!

3 letters in post today:
1. Official letter from Bishop saying I'm through to the next round (x-factor for vicars).
2. Rebate from student loans (woop).
3. Cheesy *****/Mary calendar from a friend which made me howl.

Had a bath, watching undateables then MORE SLEEP!

Wpw- feeling knackered... Won't be long though... I'm hoping anyways!

Lou- love that you commented here because you fell off wagon- made me giggle! Have you been on it today??

How are we all doing?
Xxx

I think double salmon portion is perfectly acceptable, you need the protein!!

When you got the letter from the Bishop did Dermot O'Leary pop his head round to give you a big cuddle?!! What a great lot of post! :D:D Bet you're so excited!

I did manage to get back on it yesterday unbelievably, how I don't know!! Sneaky weigh this morning shows me only 1lb higher than I was last time I weighed despite going off the rails yay! 12 st 8.2 :)

I think double salmon portion is perfectly acceptable, you need the protein!!

When you got the letter from the Bishop did Dermot O'Leary pop his head round to give you a big cuddle?!! What a great lot of post! :D:D Bet you're so excited!

I did manage to get back on it yesterday unbelievably, how I don't know!! Sneaky weigh this morning shows me only 1lb higher than I was last time I weighed despite going off the rails yay! 12 st 8.2 :)

Dermot! Hahahahaha! He did his bike exam nr school and I saw him in the cafe just a few feet away from me. Gosh I wanted to stroke his head!

I got even more lucky-dog post today! I went on money saving expert and sent off some ppi letters, not knowing if I had it or not... I got a cheque in the post for over £1200!!! Flip! Bought myself a new hoodie for £20! And some broc and mushrooms! Haha!

Omg!! Send some of your good luck this way !!! Woo hoo!!!!

Wooosh wooosh! There you go!

Well, I walked into town today. I don't love being inside all the time and I'm a bit scared that if I don't try then I won't get anywhere at all, if that makes sense. I am one of those people who pushes it a bit too much... Just can't help it!

Anyway... Bought a a lovely hoodie from soul cal in a 16... I'd normally have to go 18. Tried on the 14s, bit I'd say it needs at least a month, maybe two.

Then I came home and flopped (in my new hoodie).

Double salmon and turnip chips after an Oatmeal and a porridge... I'm so much better when bars are not in the equation!

Xxx

agree re. bars!! I didn't have my final packs until 6 tonight which would be unheard of if I had scoffed a bar at 6am

ooh are turnip chips as nice as swede chips? salmon :drool::drool: LOVE IT!! Must get some when I go shopping

agree re. bars!! I didn't have my final packs until 6 tonight which would be unheard of if I had scoffed a bar at 6am

ooh are turnip chips as nice as swede chips? salmon :drool::drool: LOVE IT!! Must get some when I go shopping

They're just the same! Had celeriac yesterday and nearly blew the house down. My poor roomies!

Watching Gok now.

That KatE's a bit like this Katy.

Um... Not bothered with eharmony for months and found tonight I've been matched with someone I used to be in an orchestra with and am also fb friends with... To contact or not... Haha!

My new hoody is giving me girl-power!

Back