Kayee's Diary

Kayee

Silver Member
so here goes......
this is my diary to help me through this journey . Alot of things have happened in my life this year . on the 7th of january my man was sentanced to two years. I had to get rid of my dog and bring up my lil boy on my own. for the first 6 weeks i could not eat a thing and lost 18 pounds in 6 weeks. after i started feeling alot better i started munching on the unhealthy foods again. it wasnt until 2 weeks ago i thought to myself 'girl u have already lost 18 pounds, why stop and just put it all back on' so i decided to stick with the weightwatchers diet for 1 week but decided to go see my doctor, he weighed me and saw i had lost 18 pounds so offered me the lovely orlistat (xenical) . im not new to these tablets i know the side effect that come with it if u dont stick to a low fat foods. i dont wanna be sitting on the loo shitting out orange oil thank you very much! so i have stuck to the rule no more then 5g fat in 100g food and so far no side effects. im doing alot of power walking and also using my dance mat on my xbox everyday. i have alot of weight to lose but im really unhappy with the way i look, a fat and frumpy size 24! while my man is away i think its the perfect time to do WHAT I WANT now. he always said he loved me the way i was but i didnt love myself. there is no temptations around and i know i can do this. i lost alot of weight years ago before i had my son but then put it all back on through pregnancy and after. there are no more excuses no more! i want to go shopping with my friends. not be in new look in the plus size section or boring evans! a curvy size 16 wud be great for me!!! i know i wud never be slim because my hips stick out and its a curvy figure, but i want a waist not fat!!!! xxxxx

Last edited:
Hi Kayee,
Sounds like you have made a good start and know the way to go with tabs....sorry to hear you have have a badyear so far...Hopefully things will start to look up for you and your boy..

xx

thanks for your reply hunni and thanks for the kind words , i hope things start looking up for me too :). how long you been on xenical for now? xx

I started on Tuesday, its all a bit daunting at first isn't it!

food diary for today

Breakfast -cornflakes with semi skimmed milk
lunch- ham salad sandwhich
dinner- prawn salad no sauce with medium jacket potatoe

drank diet coke and fruit squash through out the day! loooool i cannot quit my coke , thats asking way to much at the moment haha xx

i started on wednesday, but im not new to xenical lol. i had it a few years back and bloody hell the side effects if u be naughty and eat something high in fat is unbelievable loooooool! i dont want that again xx

my doctor just gave me the pills and told me to come back in a month and be 3lb lighter...that was it....so done lots of reading on it...and same as you...dont fancy the side effects.

Good Luck with it.x

my doctor says i have to lose at least 5 pound a month to stay on it lol . i had to lose some weight on my own before he gave them to me too. good luck with yours too :) x

Hi Kayee, like you I'm not new to Xenical. I've been prescribed them three times in the past couple of years. I'm rubbish with motivation though so I've decided to move onto Slim Fast for a month or so first to see if I can kick start my weight loss before going back to Xenical. So sorry to hear about your troubles so far this year, but as they say, things can only get better! Good luck with the Xenical, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress :) I'm still on the Xenical section quite frequently even though I'm not taking the pills, just to keep in touch with everyone, so it'll be nice to get to know someone new too :)

I can understand u giving the xenical a break. even though they are great pills they really do limit what you can eat and i guess after a few months u kinda get sick of eating the same foods . with weight watchers diet u can eat whatever u like within reason of that day obvisoley . thanks for the support and taking time to read my thread. im tempted to weigh myself in a couple of weeks but i wanted to wait until 3 and a half weeks till i go to doctors and hopefully get a nice suprise. i know that these xenical can work very good, 3 years ago when i took it i lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks! i hope i can do the same again lol. ive already lost 18 pounds on my own. just hope the xenical gives it another boost xxx

I'd love to be able to weigh myself just once a month, but I'm one of those serial weighers, and I usually weigh myself most mornings! It can be a bit disheartening if the scale doesn't move, but I just can't help myself lol.

It wasn't so much that I was fed up of the same foods, I'm just rubbish with motivation. I start well, do well for a few days, then I just kinda lose interest. But I've recently been diagnosed with PCOS so now I know I have to lose weight for my health, to make it easier to have babies when I'm ready for them, so I'm in the zone and really determined this time. I tend to lose interest if I don't see great results straight away, so I'm hoping doing Slim Fast for a month or so will give me a bit of a kick start, then I'll slowly re-introduce the Xenical into my diet to return to eating three meals a day instead of two milk shakes.

Losing 18lbs on your own is brilliant, I really hope the Xenical works for you! :)

oh wow i couldnt weigh myself everyday i would end up feeling gutted with myself. lol thats why i havent brought a scales as i wud probley be on them everyday. i did weigh myself once a week but i havent weighed myself since 2 weeks ago and im going to try not to until i got back to the doctors in 3 and a half weeks :) . i wish you luck in your slim fast diet. to be honest i have never tried the slim fast diet. are they any good? i was thinking a shake for breakfast and lunch just wouldnt be enough, is it hard work? xx

Breakfast- 2 crumpets with the tinest amount of olive light spread

Lunch - prawn salad sandwhich and a (low fat)sainsburys be good to yourself hot cross bun with tinest amount of olive light spread

Dinner - 2 chicken drumsticks steamed with the skin took off with steamed potatoes, peas and tiny bit of gravey
drank fruit and barley squash and water throughout the day
:) looking forward to dinner later yum yum lol xx

now time for an hour on my dance mat for the xbox! gotta get me moving haha xx

Slim Fast is quite easy for me, because it's so structured. I have a shake for breakfast, a morning snack, a shake for lunch, and afternoon snack, and a healthy meal in the evening. It's all organised and I know what I'm doing every day, so it's perfect for me. 1200 calories isn't a lot though, so I do find myself being hungry quite a lot. I'm managing to control it and ignore the pangs of hunger though, because I know I've definitely eaten enough, it's just greed. I'll let you know how I get on, it's my first weigh in tomorrow! :)

i cant wait to know how your weigh in goes!! i think u will have done great :), thats not many calories your eating. im feel hungry alot to but i know i just gotta get through it and ignore it. xxx

Hey Kayee, I lost 2lbs this week. I was hoping for more, but it's TOTM so I think 2lbs is fine for this week. Hopefully have a bigger number next week :)

hey emma thats great!!! a big well done, keep up with it hun. u must be chuffed. im tempted to weigh myself now xx

I'm a serial weigher too! But I only change my stats on here on a Monday :)

hi Kayee and good luck with the xenical, sorry to hear you are having a bad year :( life can be so hard sometimes!! But you are doing something now to turn it around, your other half wont recognise you :) I put a lot of my weight on during my pregnancies too, and my youngest is now 5, so its taken me a long time to get on it!! Best decision i made!!

hey rachel thanks for your post :) i weighed myself today and have lost another 8 pound in 2 weeks! thats a 26 pound weight loss so far . im so happy :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back