Kay's journey to health and happiness

Oh no! Don't go into panic mode Bunny! I bet it wasn't as bad as you think it was, and if you beat yourself up about it you'll make it worse, draw a line and start again.
XxX

Thanks Ems, I'll be drawing the line after Thursday as you said and start fresh :) xx

Hey Kay, don't let the biscuit tin throw you off track.. as they say 'If you get a flat tyre, you don't get out of the car and slash the other 3 tyres, you fix the flat and you keep going' :) xxx

...or if your me you dessert the car :rolleyes: I know I'm sounding silly but I've done that loads in the past, given up on myself, I've come too far to do that again. I'm just feeling grouchy and sorry for myself that's all , sorry hun, thanks for your support :) xx

I do feel for you Kay as I know you've said before the pressure your parents put on you to eat the food. I doubt they'll change, my parents aren't quite as bad but I get a certain look and know they are biting their tongues. It means I mostly try to avoid it if I can, which is a shame. I love them to bits but they are a different generation and of the time that believe that you should eat everything on your plate and anything you're given. Probably where I learned my bad eating habits from, although as an adult (for many years lol) I can't blame them now for me being overweight. I've tried explaining the health issues as well, considering my Dad has heart problems but they still eat the same way they have done for years.

Anyway.... I suppose the best you can do is minimise the damage as much as possible by not eating before you go and then just start over on Thursday.
Its not the end of the world I know but it does get to you (and me) when we've been so good on plan in the previous week. :sigh:

Oh I need to join in with this , so you and Linda have raided the biscuit tin ......,,,
Well I'm shouting from the wings so have I :(
We're like the 3 "naughty" musketeers , xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello sis, I'm not doing grand, sorry your not either, we need to get a grip, all 3 of us ! Before we turn into a biscuit tin ourselves ! :D hehe xx

Hello sis, I'm not doing grand, sorry your not either, we need to get a grip, all 3 of us ! Before we turn into a biscuit tin ourselves ! :D hehe xx

I feel I need to charge in on a horse and yell All for one and one for all or something like that :)

This dieting lark is so hard at times - I'm sure the 3 of you will turn things round v soon. This is my 4th or 5th restart since 1 Sept!! Completed day 2 (almost and didn't have a perfect day 1 either!) of the soup challenge - hoping I can complete it!! Good luck to us all!! xx

I do feel for you Kay as I know you've said before the pressure your parents put on you to eat the food. I doubt they'll change, my parents aren't quite as bad but I get a certain look and know they are biting their tongues. It means I mostly try to avoid it if I can, which is a shame. I love them to bits but they are a different generation and of the time that believe that you should eat everything on your plate and anything you're given. Probably where I learned my bad eating habits from, although as an adult (for many years lol) I can't blame them now for me being overweight. I've tried explaining the health issues as well, considering my Dad has heart problems but they still eat the same way they have done for years.

Anyway.... I suppose the best you can do is minimise the damage as much as possible by not eating before you go and then just start over on Thursday.
Its not the end of the world I know but it does get to you (and me) when we've been so good on plan in the previous week. :sigh:

Your right L, its a right contrast to last week :rolleyes:, but I'll draw the line after Thursday. I don't think there is room to negotiate, because she has already decided on the menu and done all the shopping, so I can't make anything or take anything there. I will be put on prepping and washing up duties, pffft ! NICE. Oh the joys of family get togethers ! :rolleyes: xx

I feel I need to charge in on a horse and yell All for one and one for all or something like that :)

What's stopping you? LOL xx

This dieting lark is so hard at times - I'm sure the 3 of you will turn things round v soon. This is my 4th or 5th restart since 1 Sept!! Completed day 2 (almost and didn't have a perfect day 1 either!) of the soup challenge - hoping I can complete it!! Good luck to us all!! xx

...oh yes Linda you reminded me, I'm off there now ! :superwoman: :D xx

Oh well done you. I'm glad to see we haven't given you the munchies!

What's stopping you? LOL xx

The horse ran away when it saw the size of my backside! lol

Your right L, its a right contrast to last week :rolleyes:, but I'll draw the line after Thursday. I don't think there is room to negotiate, because she has already decided on the menu and done all the shopping, so I can't make anything or take anything there. I will be put on prepping and washing up duties, pffft ! NICE. Oh the joys of family get togethers ! :rolleyes: xx

Chew everything for a very long time, drink lots of water and push things around your plate. Maybe you could give the Queen a quick buzz, she seems to have perfected the art of not eating much at all the big functions she has to dine at. :)

Chew everything for a very long time, drink lots of water and push things around your plate. Maybe you could give the Queen a quick buzz, she seems to have perfected the art of not eating much at all the big functions she has to dine at. :)

lol :D I think one Queens enough, the one I have to work with in the kitchen tomorrow ! :giggle:

Sorry to hear the Biscuits Musketeers are having a bad day (although a being a Biscuit Musketeer sounds quite fun to me!) You all cheered me up after a long day at work :D

Kay hope the day with the family is lovely - seeing & spending time with them even with dodgy food. I'm sure you'll make the best you can of it and a fab fresh start on Thursday.

Plus have to say loving your spreadsheet on quarterly challenge thread - very impressed with your skills :clap:

I'm quite lucky in that my parents generally are supportive (though when I did salad challenge my mum didn't understand 'no carbs' lol). My dad also pulls me off the wagon at the pub.. But neither are offended when I have a burst of willpower and say no.
OH's parents on other hand can be bad- pile his plate high, force feed/ guilt trip desserts, eggs are bad, fruit is bad, pasta is bad... They don't understand sw tho :p
Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that it can be tricky when those around us physically don't 'get it' so you have to rely on your sw/minis friends! It's not worth falling out over, so just don't go crazy, draw the line and the bunny will bounce back :) x

Oh well done you. I'm glad to see we haven't given you the munchies!

The horse ran away when it saw the size of my backside! lol

Cpme on now after all you've lost - EVERYTHING will be smaller!!

Sorry to hear the Biscuits Musketeers are having a bad day (although a being a Biscuit Musketeer sounds quite fun to me!) You all cheered me up after a long day at work :D

Kay hope the day with the family is lovely - seeing & spending time with them even with dodgy food. I'm sure you'll make the best you can of it and a fab fresh start on Thursday.

Plus have to say loving your spreadsheet on quarterly challenge thread - very impressed with your skills :clap:

Aww thanks Sue. Look at me I sound like I'm going to be tortured :giggle:, its only food, but yes, I was just saying to Kathryn yesterday about how hard I find it when surrounded by yummy food. Greedy guts can't help herself lol. It would help if mum wasn't such a good cook :p.

Re - The Spreadsheet ... I do try with my Kaydaz skills ;) . Hope you've had a fab day lovely :):) xx

Cpme on now after all you've lost - EVERYTHING will be smaller!!

lol, yes... I'm exaggerating. The horse ran away because there weren't any biscuits left.

Anyway, our internet is rubbish tonight and pages are taking forever to refresh, so I'm going to give in and go to bed, I'd rather end this day early rather than late. Night all and try and enjoy your day tomorrow Kay, it is only ONE day after all and not worth falling out over xx

Poor Kay - ur in a difficult position - I agree with ur plan to do ur best and draw a line and start again - families - drive u nuts but we can't do without them hey?! If only we could crack the reason why we all seem to have iron willpower one minute then the next we're gobbling everything in sight!
I think you'll be fine after the 'do' but pls keep posting - we're all safe whilst we're on here but when we stay away we :eatdrink023:

Back