Kay's journey to health and happiness

Hello everyone :wavey:, ...I'm back ! :D

This is just a flying visit from the bunny. I will be back on later tonight with a proper update on how my 2 days have been. I'm just here to update one of my challenge threads, the quarterly one, phew :party0048: so many posts to catch up on :eek:, I've only been gone 2 days lol. Well its great to see lots of people want to join and kick some butt for Christmas :asskick::p, Sheila will be over the moon when she see's the numbers on her thread :):). So far we have 84 and still counting ! :D I'm aware towards the middle of the challenge numbers will drop on average by 25%, but even if that's 60 people going through to next year with fabby losses, its worth it !

I think these challenges are great for motivation and support, its a great way of keeping on track and getting lots of encouragement from others ;). Ok am off now to update. Hope you've all had a fab week, look forward to catching up with you all soon !

Kay xx

images0VASF9UF.jpg......Hmmm where do I start ? :p

Last edited:
Hi Kay! Good to see you're back- how's your aunt? Hope you had a nice meal with your family on Wednesday!
I bet you are a busy bunny catching up on all the posts! Can't wait to start the soup challenge on Monday- I have an oral examination at uni on Monday so I'm going to do lots of prep on Sunday.
Hope you're well and have a nice weekend planned :) Arthur sends a cuddle xx

Hi everyone :),

I will reply to posts in a mo. Just come off a Skype call with my sister in Houston :giggle:, my poor brother in law wont know what's hit him this evening ! :p She's mad with rage that he doesn't do enough around the house lol. I guess that's the story with most men. She sent me this, I couldn't stop laughing, thought I'd share it with you all :D xx

u0-cus-d3-49d3abfce9514514bc215ceedff453f1^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone :),

I will reply to posts in a mo. Just come off a Skype call with my sister in Houston :giggle:, my poor brother in law wont know what's hit him this evening ! :p She's mad with rage that he doesn't do enough around the house lol. I guess that's the story with most men. She sent me this, I couldn't stop laughing, thought I'd share it with you all :D xx

View attachment 156102

Ah your poor sister - must be tough if she's doing everything herself. Good to have you back x

Ah your poor sister - must be tough if she's doing everything herself. Good to have you back x

Yes Linda it is, but it helps if we can laugh at the things that trouble us sometimes makes it easier for us to get through. I thought I was going to be the one cheering her up, but she had me in splits ! I really needed a belly laugh after seeing my aunt, I've had some tough days but will post about that in a bit. I'm going to catch up on your posts too hun, I've been to the soup thread, your doing brilliant ! I'm really happy for you lovely, keep going, not long to Monday now and a super duper loss for you hun ! :p We've all got our fingers crossed for you xx

Evening everyone :),

I'm back after 2 days. Some mixed emotions and a lot has happened. On Wednesday I went round to mums for tea, we had guests over from Sweden, and the food was all off plan :rolleyes:, there was biryani, lamb kofta curry, tandoori chicken, dahl curry ,naan bread, raita, dips plus samosas and poppadoms. I felt like a right miss piggy :eek:. Needless to say I booked this weeks weigh in as hols. I need to get back on the weightloss train fast !

Some other news, a few of our relatives came that evening to visit us. One of my uncles has a small business here, which is close to my home, and he mentioned that his Office Manager will be going away on maternity leave and if I would like to come and join them and work for 6 months ? It kind of stumped me at first, because I wasn't expecting to be working so soon and with my 2nd Op coming around the corner. Anyway I was honest with him and said if I joined I may need some time off if my op date comes up and he was really understanding about it, and said he would not have a problem with that, there is another girl that comes in part time, she could cover. I was kind of happy but felt a bit under pressure to give an answer straight away, so I asked him if I could work there 2 days next week and see how I feel, and then give my answer, and he said that's fine. If things go well then I maybe starting full time work in a week or two. More cashflow, yay ! :p So I will keep you all updated on that.

On a slightly down note, I went to see my Aunt on Thursday, she has gone really weak :(. I think she finds it hard to eat alone, she likes company and when I go around she does eat more, I make sure of it :). She's had heart surgery in the past and the docs have told her she may need another op, or the other option is she can continue taking tabs, but then she gets breathing problem sometimes :mad:, if she does the op there is also risks involved in that. I can understand why she might be scared to go ahead with the op, and would rather brace the pain, its just hard for me to see her like that :(. Anyway the time I was there I tried to spend quality time with her and cheer her up as much as I could. She was really happy when I left, her flat looked super clean, I did all her washing, cleaning ironing and cooked some yummy meals for her. I will definitely make an effort to go back their soon and see her.

Other news - if my new job goes ahead, then I will be changing my SW group yet again, to a Saturday group. I will see how I get on with my new C, if I don't gel with that group then I will go back to my very first C, whom I have lost the most with on my journey, her group is on Wednesday evenings, not ideal :rolleyes: I prefer mornings to evenings, but might not have a choice.

And that's it from me :), I hope you've all had a good week, I'm off now to catch up on posts and challenge threads ;).

Kay xx

Wow Kay, that is a lot for you to take in over two days but mostly good. If you decide the job is for you, it sounds great, more money and flexible for your op.
You're so good for your Aunt hun, I'm sure she really loves to have you there! You've worked hard!
Lots for you to mull over but you'll be able to think it through after your try out days. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi Kay! Good to see you're back- how's your aunt? Hope you had a nice meal with your family on Wednesday!
I bet you are a busy bunny catching up on all the posts! Can't wait to start the soup challenge on Monday- I have an oral examination at uni on Monday so I'm going to do lots of prep on Sunday.
Hope you're well and have a nice weekend planned :) Arthur sends a cuddle xx

Thanks hun :), the meal went well, I was so stuffed by the end of it Rosie, sometimes eating can be tiring lol. Yep seeing my aunt was quite emotional, but I'm glad I went, because it always brings a smile to her face, I love her to bits and I would do anything for her. I'm sure looking forward to the challenge too, after all that eating, I certainly need to start losing some pounds and I am looking forward to making some yummy soups. Talking of which, I was going to ask you, can we post up your recipe for your yummy soup on the thread ? :D

Hugs back at Arthur ! xx

:bighug:

Wow Kay, that is a lot for you to take in over two days but mostly good. If you decide the job is for you, it sounds great, more money and flexible for your op.
You're so good for your Aunt hun, I'm sure she really loves to have you there! You've worked hard!
Lots for you to mull over but you'll be able to think it through after your try out days. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks Linda, I love my Aunt lots and would do anything for her. Sometimes I feel we don't get enough hours in the day to do all the things that we want :rolleyes:. We can get so wrapped up in our day to day that we forget about the people that matter the most in our lives. It's not that we don't love them, but I think its human nature to hold off certain things till tomorrow and tomorrow never comes, that's why its so important to enjoy each day to the fullest. When I see my Aunts health go down like that, it certainly puts things into perspective. About what our priorities should be and what's important. Sometimes I wish I could give more of myself and am not doing enough :(. When they get to that age then its a constant worry in my heart. I am quite spiritual as a person and do say my prayers a lot, it helps centre me, keeps me grounded and makes me thank god for everything I have in my life.

Yep the new job is a lot to think about. In my heart I'm happy that I have a week to think about it. I'm hoping it works out. If it does I will have a new Saturday SW group. I was even thinking I might go there tomorrow to check them out :p, look at me, all last minute lol.

Kay xx

Hi Kay, So good to have you back again. I bet your Aunt really enjoyed having you visit her and all that housework should have counted as body magic :) It's good news about your job and ideal that you have time to make your mind up about it. Don't worry about the extra meals, they sounded delish by the way, they will soon disappear with the soup challenge next week. Love Sue xx

You DO give a lot of yourself. Do other members of your family not go and visit her too? Sorry if you've explained the situation before, I have a terrible memory. Its lucky for her that you are close enough to be able to visit, a lot of families aren't local to one another, so a lot of time can go by before visits and in that time, particularly the elderly can go downhill a lot.
I hope the new job works well for you, I miss working sometimes but swear I'm busier since not working than when I was in some ways. :)

Thanks hun :), the meal went well, I was so stuffed by the end of it Rosie, sometimes eating can be tiring lol. Yep seeing my aunt was quite emotional, but I'm glad I went, because it always brings a smile to her face, I love her to bits and I would do anything for her. I'm sure looking forward to the challenge too, after all that eating, I certainly need to start losing some pounds and I am looking forward to making some yummy soups. Talking of which, I was going to ask you, can we post up your recipe for your yummy soup on the thread ? :D

Hugs back at Arthur ! xx

:bighug:

Wow Kay you have had a very eventful few days! Good news on the job front- just keep an eye on your back :) nice that they are understanding from the start though.
How lovely that you've taken such good care of your aunt. Feel free to come to mine and do the cooking and cleaning ;-)
Your Indian feast sounds amazing! I love big banquet-style eating like that, since I am a piglet too lol!
I will certainly post up the soup recipe :)Arthur has been for lots of cuddles with the local Brownies group tonight! He is tucked up in bed with supper now! X

Hi Kay, So good to have you back again. I bet your Aunt really enjoyed having you visit her and all that housework should have counted as body magic :) It's good news about your job and ideal that you have time to make your mind up about it. Don't worry about the extra meals, they sounded delish by the way, they will soon disappear with the soup challenge next week. Love Sue xx

Thanks Sue, I missed you all loads too :). Yep my Aunt was well happy to see me. I loved my time with her. Yep I'm happy about the job too, will know for certain by the end of next week. Yep I'm looking forward to doing the challenge with you all next week. You've done brill this week Sue, I'm just about to read your posts on the thread lovely xx

You DO give a lot of yourself. Do other members of your family not go and visit her too? Sorry if you've explained the situation before, I have a terrible memory. Its lucky for her that you are close enough to be able to visit, a lot of families aren't local to one another, so a lot of time can go by before visits and in that time, particularly the elderly can go downhill a lot.
I hope the new job works well for you, I miss working sometimes but swear I'm busier since not working than when I was in some ways. :)

She has a few friends and yes mum does visit, but she only has one daughter and many years ago they had a massive fall out and the daughter left home with her boyfriend and has distanced herself from her. I feel for her because at this age no matter what your differences are, I think you should be there to support your parents. However I can't get involved in their business and my Aunt doesn't talk to me about it either. I think its a pain she feels within and keeps it to herself. But I feel having me there gives her that daughter feeling. If I can even add 10% happiness to her life, then I am happy :) xx

Wow Kay you have had a very eventful few days! Good news on the job front- just keep an eye on your back :) nice that they are understanding from the start though.
How lovely that you've taken such good care of your aunt. Feel free to come to mine and do the cooking and cleaning ;-)
Your Indian feast sounds amazing! I love big banquet-style eating like that, since I am a piglet too lol!
I will certainly post up the soup recipe :)Arthur has been for lots of cuddles with the local Brownies group tonight! He is tucked up in bed with supper now! X

Aww would love to see some new pics of Arthur :D. Oh you like Indian food do ya ? lol I'll post some yummy pics of my eats next week, you can drool and dream :drool: hehe xx

Back