Kay's journey to health and happiness

Heyy hunny, finally all caught up!

I'm going to come down to London and nick your scales, the last thing you need are more wi's to stress you out missy! Don't take any notice to the STS on your home scales, they might be different from the ones at group anyway, and our weight can fluctuate sooo much from day to day. I'm sure you'll see a loss on Tue, your food looks great.

That cheesecake looks amazing, I've never tried quark but I'm going to look out for it, would be lovely to be able to have a really low syn but delicious dessert.

I get those frozen berries too, but the Aldi summer fruit ones, sooo good! When I started SW I found it soo expensive to get all the fruit in, but those big packs are such a bargain! The mysupermarket site is great isn't it, there's always an offer on somewhere. The only problem is we now go around 4 supermarkets for the big shop, took about 3 hours this morning! :rolleyes:

Hope your aunt is feeling a lot better now and you're having a lovely relaxing weekend xxx

Hello Kay,

Just wanted to say that your diary is so inspirational to me; I spent yesterday evening reading through every page and I now feel ready - finally - to really give Slimming World a go and reach my goal weight. Thank you for being so open and honest in your posts - and for giving us such delicious meal ideas.

H xx

I'm thinking of getting a popcorn maker because you get a massive mixing bowl full for only a few syns :)
I have one in my eBay watch list and it's only £7 but I'm trying to save so I keep putting it off lol xx

Ooooo a popcorn maker with butter frylight, I might look into that, thanks for the idea Pixie :p !

Kay xx

Subscribing:)
Recipes sound amazing yum yum xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Von :wavey: glad you found me and welcome to my diary :D . Can I just say flippin amazing well done for losing 15lbs in 5 weeks :eek::eek::eek: ! I need to catch up on your diary and read your tips :p ! I'm glad your liking my recipes hun :) . Will be great to keep in touch and support one another through our weightloss journey. Looking forward to it ! :)

Hugs Kay xx

I'm going to come down to London and nick your scales, the last thing you need are more wi's to stress you out missy! Don't take any notice to the STS on your home scales, they might be different from the ones at group anyway, and our weight can fluctuate sooo much from day to day. I'm sure you'll see a loss on Tue, your food looks great.

That cheesecake looks amazing, I've never tried quark but I'm going to look out for it, would be lovely to be able to have a really low syn but delicious dessert.

I get those frozen berries too, but the Aldi summer fruit ones, sooo good! When I started SW I found it soo expensive to get all the fruit in, but those big packs are such a bargain! The mysupermarket site is great isn't it, there's always an offer on somewhere. The only problem is we now go around 4 supermarkets for the big shop, took about 3 hours this morning! :rolleyes:

Hope your aunt is feeling a lot better now and you're having a lovely relaxing weekend xxx

Hehe, Bev you will be doing me a huge favour if you come down and nick my scales :D, I am the stress queen on mins every Monday :queen:! Oh do try out the cheesecakes they are super yummy, espesh with the choc shot ontop ! Hope you're having a nice weekend too .

Kay xx

Hello Kay,

Just wanted to say that your diary is so inspirational to me; I spent yesterday evening reading through every page and I now feel ready - finally - to really give Slimming World a go and reach my goal weight. Thank you for being so open and honest in your posts - and for giving us such delicious meal ideas.

H xx

Hello H :wavey: and thank you for your kind words. My journey would not be complete without the fab support I get on here from all of my mins friends, they are all an inspiration to me :). Well done on starting your weightloss journey that's brill ! :p I look forward to keeping in touch. Glad your loving the recipes hun, I do enjoy cooking a lot hehe. Hope you have a lovely weekend hun .

Kay xx

Evening Ladies, hope your all well, going to post up todays eats in a bit. Struggled today, the carb monsters woke up, it all started with a bag of popcorn, my diary will explain the rest...:eek:...

Hehe, Bev you will be doing me a huge favour if you come down and nick my scales :D, I am the stress queen on mins every Monday :queen:! Oh do try out the cheesecakes they are super yummy, espesh with the choc shot ontop ! Hope you're having a nice weekend too .

Kay xx

It's been lovely thanks. Finally feel like I'm getting back into SW again now I'm cutting out the calorie counting, it was really messing me up before!

I'm sure I'd be the same as you with the scales if I had them in the house, so quite glad I haven't got them.

Ooh and where do you get the chocolate shots from? x

Hey Von :wavey: glad you found me and welcome to my diary :D . Can I just say flippin amazing well done for losing 15lbs in 5 weeks :eek::eek::eek: ! I need to catch up on your diary and read your tips :p ! I'm glad your liking my recipes hun :) . Will be great to keep in touch and support one another through our weightloss journey. Looking forward to it ! :) Hugs Kay xx
not really any tips on there Hun, I been doing rubbish but seemed to of found my mo Jo , I tend to have decent losses followed by it going t*ts up and then regaining but I'm determined to break this pattern ,

It's been lovely thanks. Finally feel like I'm getting back into SW again now I'm cutting out the calorie counting, it was really messing me up before!

I'm sure I'd be the same as you with the scales if I had them in the house, so quite glad I haven't got them.

Ooh and where do you get the chocolate shots from? x

Hey Bev, the choc shot bottle is sold in Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Morrisons and Tesco. It's only 2 syns for 1 tbs its pure indulgence :D makes any dessert more heavenly mmmmm ! :p

Kay xx

not really any tips on there Hun, I been doing rubbish but seemed to of found my mo Jo , I tend to have decent losses followed by it going t*ts up and then regaining but I'm determined to break this pattern ,

Well whatever it is your doing its working for you and I am so happy that you've got your mojo back ! I know what you mean about things going t*ts up, it does for a lot of us hun, we've all been there ,:D my slimming world graph looks hilarious there are so many dips and dives in it, but I'm still here kicking it ! :p We will all do this and be an amazing support for one another :) . I really hope next week brings you another smashing loss hun and please can you send some of your good luck my way, my weigh in is on Tuesday hehe :p !

Kay xx

Hi - I've seen ur posts and ur doing really well! I find seeing that others can do it really helps me.

Like you I used to think I was spending a lot on SW foods - but when I think of the choc, takeaways and other rubbish I used to stuff myself with - not so sure!!

Hey Bev, the choc shot bottle is sold in Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Morrisons and Tesco. It's only 2 syns for 1 tbs its pure indulgence :D makes any dessert more heavenly mmmmm ! :p

Kay xx

Thanks hun, next week when we do the shop I'm going to look out for it! Choccy cheese cake for my post WI treat next week would be yummy and low syn, win-win! xx

Hello Kay,

H xx

Good luck! Yes Kay's thread is truly inspirational and always supports us all - as you've found out her recipes are great and she REALLY uses them not like me - drooling over then then storing them away!

Kay xx

Thanks Kay - sorry to ask a daft question but could give us a clue where to find them - those shops are huge!!

Although I'm not sure of the syn value - Home Bargains (do you have one locally?) sell sachets of popcorn to cook in the micro - they're 29p each I think and that makes up loads.

Also as ur so good at cooking - could you buy the uncooked corn and invent a SW recipe - it'd be cheaper too!

TODAY EATS

I'm not a happy bunny today, gone over my syns :rolleyes:, the carb monsters came back to haunt me, it all happened after I ate the popcorn, since then I've been super hungry all day and still am :(. Thinking I should put myself to sleep early before I go crazy :eek: !

GREEN DAY

Egg and Salad Roll
x1 wm roll (heb)
x1 egg - free
salad - free
x2 laughing cow triangles (hea)
1 tsp mustard sauce 1 syn
1 tbsp. ketchup 1 syn

Snack -
x2 Alpen Light Double Choc Bars 5 syns
Metcalfe's Skinny Popcorn 6 syns :eek: (they were nice but don't think I want to spend 6 syns on popcorn next time, they made me super hungry all day :rolleyes:)
SweetSalt_medium.png

Lunch -
x2 Dark Rye Ryvita Crackers 3 syns
60g Smoked Salmon (heb)
cucumber - free
philly light (hea)

IMG_0850.JPG

Dinner -
Kale and Veg Soup - free

IMG_0845.jpg

Dessert -
Fruit Salad with muller ff toffee yogurt - free

Drinks -
x1 fennel tea
x1 peppermint tea
Robinsons nas squash
2L of water

TOTAL SYNS = 16 :eek: ...and I'm still flippin hungry grrrrrrr think I should go to bed :(

Thanks Kay - sorry to ask a daft question but could give us a clue where to find them - those shops are huge!!

Although I'm not sure of the syn value - Home Bargains (do you have one locally?) sell sachets of popcorn to cook in the micro - they're 29p each I think and that makes up loads.

Also as ur so good at cooking - could you buy the uncooked corn and invent a SW recipe - it'd be cheaper too!

Hi Upd :), the choc shot bottle is normally kept in the hot chocolate aisle. Thinks its best if I stay away from popcorn :D. I have this thing about staying away from foods that trigger my hunger, the ones that wake up `my carb monsters' in my stomach lol, that's why I don't go near mug shots even though they are free, I love them but they make me super hungry for the rest of the day. I like eating food which give me a feeling of being full all day like fruits and veggies :p.

Kay xx

Hi Upd :), the choc shot bottle is normally kept in the hot chocolate aisle. Thinks its best if I stay away from popcorn :D. I have this thing about staying away from foods that trigger my hunger, the ones that wake up `my carb monsters' in my stomach lol, that's why I don't go near mug shots even though they are free, I love them but they make me super hungry for the rest of the day. I like eating food which give me a feeling of being full all day like fruits and veggies :p.

Kay xx

Thanks - ur so good at replying so quickly to us all!

Know what u mean about foods that just leave u wanting more.

Hope u don't stress about today u've had a fair share of superspeed haven't you? Night, Night

Hi Kay - 1 syn over your allowance will not destroy your weight loss chances this week hun :D just have 14 tomorrow. It could have been so much worse you have done well to fight it x

Back