Kay's journey to health and happiness

Hi Kay - 1 syn over your allowance will not destroy your weight loss chances this week hun :D just have 14 tomorrow. It could have been so much worse you have done well to fight it x

Thanks Sheila, I don't mind the 1 syn but it's my hunger I'm fighting right now :p other than put myself to sleep I don't know what to do with myself :rolleyes: .

Kay xx

Thanks Sheila, I don't mind the 1 syn but it's my hunger I'm fighting right now :p other than put myself to sleep I don't know what to do with myself :rolleyes: .

Kay xx

Ive never done Green days - could you make some sweet potato or normal potato chips? Free soup? Aside from that fruit, chopped carrots, cucumber, tomatoes,beetroot, pickles, gherkins?

Ive never done Green days - could you make some sweet potato or normal potato chips? Free soup? Aside from that fruit, chopped carrots, cucumber, tomatoes,beetroot, pickles, gherkins?

I would love some slimming world chips, if someone wants to make them for me :p can't be asked to go in the kitchen now. I guess if it was earlier I would have made some sort of effort. Think its more likely I will sleep on it after finishing on here. Thanks for the ideas though. Loved your tea this evening nom nom .:)

Kay xx

Here you go hun - it is a recipe from SW ive no idea of syns for Green or Original and when Ive checked on SW online it doesnt give the values!

Serves: 4
Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
Extra Easy: FREE - not sure on syns for Original and Green
Add 6 Syns if not using Wholemeal bread as a Healthy Extra on Extra Easy.

For the Chicken

4 skinless chicken breasts
240g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

For the Sauce

1 large onion, chopped
1 courgette, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp fresh ginger
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 litre chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp fat free fromage frais
Low calorie cooking spray

Method

Spray a large heavy-based saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is softened. Add the carrots and courgette and lightly fry for a further 4-5 minutes. Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, chilli powder and sweetener and evenly coat the vegetables. Add the stock, soy sauce and bay leaf and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
While the sauce is cooking, preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Season the breadcrumbs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place each chicken breast in some clingfilm and flatten with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser. Remove the clingfilm and dip the chicken in the egg, then coat with breadcrumbs and place on a baking tray sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
For the sauce remove the bay leaf and pour the contents of the saucepan into a blender. Blitz until it becomes a thick, smooth sauce and stir in the fromage frais.
To serve slice the chicken breast into pieces, spoon over the curry sauce and serve with steamed jasmine rice.

Oh thanks so much Sheila, going to print that and try and make a go of it. Don't know why your boys didn't like it, sounds well yummy to me :) . Thanks again for sharing the recipe.

Kay xx

OH said it wasnt spicy enough for him but I purposely didnt overdo the chilli cos then I wouldnt have eaten it nor would son lol .... I cant win lol x

Think I'm going to hit the pillow now ladies, will catch up with you all tomorrow. Night night :) .

Kay xx

Night night Kay.... glad the poo fairy didn't desert you xx

Morning everyone :), hope your all having a fab Sunday. I went on the scales again this morning, still showing a sts :rolleyes: . Now my friend has just called me to meet her up for lunch, shopping, and movie, whoopsie some more calories to be had :p . I've seen The Wolf of Wall Street before, but she missed it, so don't mind seeing it again, I love Leo :D. I'll be leaving soon, we're seeing an afternoon show. For food I think she want's to do Chinese, trying to have a quick look to see what's healthy. Will report back later on how crazy I went with the syns :eek: . Hope you all have a lovely Sunday :) !

Kay xx

Darn scales who needs em ( yea right Von as if )
Hav a fab afternoon , you've got a whole week to pull bk the Syns , xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have a lovely time Kay.....

could you tell me what soup it is you use to boost your weight loss.... I am thinking of giving up weighing my self for lent.... but I am one measley pound off 5 stone :eek: so would love to shift if before I stop weighing :eek:

You could try & increase your super speed foods, such as baked beans, butter beans, some fish, raspberries, melon that's all I can think off for now.

Thanks honey xx

Hi Kay
I went to boots to get tablets but the only ones they had were osteo bi-flex in front of box says glucosamine chondroitin complex with msm bromelain vitamin c hyalluronic acid ,
It says high strength
But the ones you sent says triple strength and that it contains vitamin D,
There's no vit D in the ones I looked at, I showed pic to the assistant she looked in boots web site but only showed the same as in store . They were £11.99 for 30 or £19.99 for 60,
They on offer 3 for 2 at moment so quite good but didn't want to get if wasn't right ones ,
Il try smazon see if any different on there ,

Me again , found them on amazon , not the ones in boots , have ordered a box , see what you mean about price , ouch lol

Back