Kay's journey to health and happiness

Enjoy your day out Hun :)
Oh tablets delivered this morning

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What would the recipe be for this? I'm interested to know what kale tastes like xx

I've had a look & didn't keep the recipe, I seem to remember I put kale & onions in a veggie stock with thai seasoning boiled & that's it, but I've just had a look on allrecipes.co.uk and there are loads of kale soup recipes;)

What would the recipe be for this? I'm interested to know what kale tastes like xx

KALE SOUP RECIPE

Ingredients -

frylight
x1 small diced onion
x2 stock cubes
x1 can tinned tomatoes
x1 can chick peas
x1 can red kidney beans
75g Kale chopped
250g sliced mushrooms
250g frozen mix veg bag (of your choice, I buy mine from Asda, its an oriental mix one, its yummy)
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of chilli flakes
pinch of black pepper
pinch of cumin powder
pinch of smoked paprika
squeeze of lemon juice
fresh coriander to garnish

Method -

Take a large saucepan, spray with frylight and sauté the onions on medium heat until brown, now add the tin tomatoes and crumble the x2 stock cubes in, cook for 3-4 mins, now add all the vegetables (leave out the kale) add all the spices add more water to the pan so the veggies are covered and now allow to simmer for 15 mins on low heat. Now add a squeeze of lemon juice to the soup and now add the kale and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes then turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander. Your Kale soup is ready and its packed with nutrition and flavour :) .

PS. I used chick peas and red kidney beans to bulk mine up because I was not using chicken because I do green days. If your making this on a red day, then leave the beans out because chicken will be your source of protein, use the rest of the veg and the kale, should come out lovely. :p

Enjoy !! :) xx

Morning everyone I'm back :p, had a fab day out yesterday with my friend, went crazy at the Indian and on syns :eek:, but it was worth it, food was gorgeous ! Stepped on the scales this morning to see the damage (I know I promised I wouldn't hehe, but as expected it showed a small gain ), oh well I'm not going to stress, but I would prefer a sts though on Tueday :). Going to post up yesterdays eats in a bit then will catch up on diaries...

KALE SOUP RECIPE

http://www.minimins.com/attachments...40-kays-journey-health-happiness-img_0845.jpghttp://www.minimins.com/attachments...77-kays-journey-health-happiness-img_0839.jpg
Ingredients -

frylight
x1 small diced onion
x2 stock cubes
x1 can tinned tomatoes
x1 can chick peas
x1 can red kidney beans
75g Kale chopped
250g sliced mushrooms
250g frozen mix veg bag (of your choice, I buy mine from Asda, its an oriental mix one, its yummy)
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of chilli flakes
pinch of black pepper
pinch of cumin powder
pinch of smoked paprika
squeeze of lemon juice
fresh coriander to garnish

Method -

Take a large saucepan, spray with frylight and sauté the onions on medium heat until brown, now add the tin tomatoes and crumble the x2 stock cubes in, cook for 3-4 mins, now add all the vegetables (leave out the kale) add all the spices add more water to the pan so the veggies are covered and now allow to simmer for 15 mins on low heat. Now add a squeeze of lemon juice to the soup and now add the kale and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes then turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander. Your Kale soup is ready and its packed with nutrition and flavour :) .

PS. I used chick peas and red kidney beans to bulk mine up because I was not using chicken because I do green days. If your making this on a red day, then leave the beans out because chicken will be your source of protein, use the rest of the veg and the kale, should come out lovely. :p

Enjoy !! :) xx

Thanks kay, it looks yummy xx

SATURDAYS EATS

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
Egg Salad Roll
Egg - free
Salad - free
60g wm roll (heb)

Snack -
x2 Double Choc Alpen Lights (heb)

Lunch -
Mixed Green Salad - free
x1 muller ff custard - free
x1 apple - free

Dinner - (saved all my syns for a meal out at Indian, went with my friend food was so yummy ! :))
Plain boiled rice - free
2 tbsp. Mango chutney - 3 syns
Vegetable Jalfrezi - 7.5 syns
Bombay Potatoes - 7 syns

Drinks -
x2 coke zero
Robinsons nas squash
1L of Water

TOTAL SYNS = 17.5 ...whoopsie :eek:

1509905_891808147515306_820887870_n.jpg

Thought this might be a friend if yours xx

lol you love posting big pics, I noticed that on your diary :p . I think you like the buns more than me :D ! Hope your well bcp.

Kay xx

Morning, I just wanted to say I love your thread and the helpful tips/ideas on here x I started SW last week and have first weigh in today.. so thanks really for giving me ideas and pulling me thru x I shall follow you all with interest xx

Thanks for popping by :). Well done on starting your weightloss journey, I wish you lots of luck and hope my diary doesn't bore you too much :D ! Hope you have fab week hun .

Kay xx

Hi Kay!

Another fab week for you! :D
I've tried to keep an eye on your thread this week. But I'm making a point of catching up properly at the weekend.
Hope you have a lovely day today . Enjoy your Indian.

X

Hey Kitty :p, it's good to hear from you, I'm so glad you've started posting your foodage daily, even though I know your well busy with work. Hope the plan is going well for you hun. I need to catch up on diaries too, will in a mo, hope your having a fab weekend ! :)

Kay xx

Good morning, loving the kale talk I may buy some when I next go shopping, I've made kale soup before & it was surprisingly nice.

Have a lovely day x

Hey Michelle :), hope your having a lovely weekend hun. Your Kale soup recipes sounds yum too, I love anything with Thai flavours :p . But your right there are so many recipes on the net, kale is quite versatile, there are so many thing you can do with it. Hope your having a fab day !

Kay xx

Enjoy your day out Hun :)
Oh tablets delivered this morning

Hey Von :p, oh I'm so glad the tabs have come ! Sorry I am a bit behind, need to catch up on diaries.

I need your help, I noticed you don't post your daily eats, but would love to know what your doing in the week ? Flippin 6 lbs off !! :superwoman: Superwoman !! AMAAAAAAAAAAZING !!! :party0019: What's your secret, please tell ? :D Well done hun, I'm so over the moon for you ! :p It's your focus and determination that's paying off. I hope you have a another smashing loss next week ! Will pop over to your diary for a good old catch up ! :)

Hugs Kay xx

:bighug:

Good morning :)

I've just made some soup and added kale to it, I'll let you know how it tastes, I didn't make your one as not got all the ingredients in. Sounds like a great food choice at the Indian last night and only a wee over. Any plans for today? X

Good morning :)

I've just made some soup and added kale to it, I'll let you know how it tastes, I didn't make your one as not got all the ingredients in. Sounds like a great food choice at the Indian last night and only a wee over. Any plans for today? X

Hey Cookie :p, yep I had a lovely night out thanks, food was yummy. Had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning which show a 1lb gain, boo ! Won't let it get me down, I know I ate a lot this week and have gone high on syns but hoping for a sts on Tuesday. Todays plan is to just relax and take it easy :). The sun is shinning, it's a lovely day, might go for a long walk in the park later, if not then may chill in the garden on my lovely chair and do some reading . I'm just catching up on diaries at the mo, how has your weekend been so far, have you been for a nice long drive with Bo ? :D

Kay xx

Hi Kay - glad you had a fab time hun, the food sounds delish nom nom. 17.5 syns isnt too bad considering it was a full blown Indian meal included in your eats for the day. Just keep going you will be fine xx

Hey Von :p, oh I'm so glad the tabs have come ! Sorry I am a bit behind, need to catch up on diaries. I need your help, I noticed you don't post your daily eats, but would love to know what your doing in the week ? Flippin 6 lbs off !! :superwoman: Superwoman !! AMAAAAAAAAAAZING !!! :party0019: What's your secret, please tell ? :D Well done hun, I'm so over the moon for you ! :p It's your focus and determination that's paying off. I hope you have a another smashing loss next week ! Will pop over to your diary for a good old catch up ! :) Hugs Kay xx :bighug:

Hi Kay thanks Hun,
Basically I've stripped it right back ,
Brekkie is usually fruit and yogurt,
Lunch chopped salad with ff dressing and some times with ham or chicken ,
Dinner pan of veg soup that lasts a few days,
I know it's not very exciting but I'm trying to limit cal intake with being off work and exercise is restricted at the moment even the amount of walking at the moment is low due to the pain in my knee ,
I always revert to slimming world I know I'm not following the plan as I could but keep Syns either very low or none just so not putting cals in just for the sake of it if I'm not hungry ,
Water intake is 3 litres usually manage it , and herbal teas choice of fennel, nettle and mint, dandelion, green tea, to aid digestion and bloating,
And slimatea , didn't have any last night but think might start with them again,
Once I have my operation and get back to work intake of Syns ect will be upped coz then il be on my feet 12+ hours a day ,

Hi Kay - glad you had a fab time hun, the food sounds delish nom nom. 17.5 syns isnt too bad considering it was a full blown Indian meal included in your eats for the day. Just keep going you will be fine xx

Aww thanks hun :), I had a really nice time. I need to catch up on your diary, hope your weekend went well. I've just had a huge breakfast today, don't know if other people can relate to the this but after having a huge meal the night before, the next day it always makes you super hungry :eek: not good 2 days before weigh in lol .

Kay xx

Hi Kay thanks Hun,
Basically I've stripped it right back ,
Brekkie is usually fruit and yogurt,
Lunch chopped salad with ff dressing and some times with ham or chicken ,
Dinner pan of veg soup that lasts a few days,
I know it's not very exciting but I'm trying to limit cal intake with being off work and exercise is restricted at the moment even the amount of walking at the moment is low due to the pain in my knee ,
I always revert to slimming world I know I'm not following the plan as I could but keep Syns either very low or none just so not putting cals in just for the sake of it if I'm not hungry ,
Water intake is 3 litres usually manage it , and herbal teas choice of fennel, nettle and mint, dandelion, green tea, to aid digestion and bloating,
And slimatea , didn't have any last night but think might start with them again,
Once I have my operation and get back to work intake of Syns ect will be upped coz then il be on my feet 12+ hours a day ,

Oh thanks so much Von, this will really help me. I had an op last year and before that was doing the gym. My activity has slown down since and so I really depend a lot on my food intake to give me the losses. I want to try the slimatea too :) sounds like its really good. I think after Tuesdays weigh in I might kick start your plan and see how I go, I'm liking it :p . Low syn no syn, 3L a day, soups fruits and salads, plus the weather is perfect for that now ! :D I've just come back from my walk and the sun has been shining all day. I had a huge cheesy omelette for breakfast this morning, it was lush . Hope your having a fab Sunday hun !

Kay xx

Back