Kay's journey to health and happiness

Good to have you back Kay. Don't beat yourself up and don't put too much pressure on yourself - just relax a little and the rest will follow. Have a good day xxx

Phew! We were all so worried about you... don't do that to us again, we were about to start putting up flyers! :missing:

I definitely think it will do you some good to have a break and relax, everyone needs to blow off some steam now and again! We're just glad you're okay!

Isn't it lovely to see how many friends you have here? It's been so weird I've had it on my mind constantly wondering where you are and if you're okay! Great to have you back sweetie xxx

Yayyyyyyyyyy you're back!! :) I too went off plan after my sts on Monday night... And am also back on it today! :) fresh start for both of us! Glad you're ok though hun... It's always worrying when people go missing on here!

Nope I will keep making guest appearances whilst on leave, but will never disappear ! :D You can't get rid of me that easily, hehe . Thanks mrs ! you guys are just wonderful ! I don't know why we feel the need to go off plan sometimes, but I think it happens to all of us at some point in time. Maybe we need that to come back with more determination to stick with it ! :)

Well done on your STS, although I know you may have been expecting more because you've been 100% all week and your food has been great too ! Well at least you didn't go off the rails like me :p. I think after this blow out week, its going to make me appreciate a STS much more. It's easier to have a stronger focus when your having a string of losses, but when you're 100% and the scales don't move, I think that when someone should be admired even more for sticking to it regardless. So well done Kathryn for sticking with it and keeping your focus :clap: ! I'm getting lots of inspiration from you :) . I will pop over to your diary in a mo hun for a good old catchup, can't wait to see the lovely treats you've been having :D !

Kay xx

Good to have you back Kay. Don't beat yourself up and don't put too much pressure on yourself - just relax a little and the rest will follow. Have a good day xxx

Thanks PS :), I really appreciate your support . Well done on getting into the 10's ! :party0011: Whoop whoop ! I'm so happy for you ! :D You've worked so hard ! I'm loving your new pic too :) . Hope you have a fab result next week too hun !

Kay xx

Phew! We were all so worried about you... don't do that to us again, we were about to start putting up flyers! :missing:

I definitely think it will do you some good to have a break and relax, everyone needs to blow off some steam now and again! We're just glad you're okay!

Isn't it lovely to see how many friends you have here? It's been so weird I've had it on my mind constantly wondering where you are and if you're okay! Great to have you back sweetie xxx

Thanks so much Danielle :), I missed you lot loads too and your right the support on here is amazing ! My head was just not in the right space and I think I just need a week off plan and some timeout. I hope not to go too crazy with the food though this week :D . I am really looking forward to catching up on your diary. I hope you have been keeping well . Will pop over in a mo...:p

Kay xx

Oh Kay it's lovely to have u back - I and probably many others have had that sort of blowout in the past but I for one certainly didn't stop after a day or so - it sometimes went on for weeks..

U've done really well to plan ur way back so sensibly and quickly - so like u!! I'll be coming back to ur post to guide me thro my dark days - I've even marked the dat in my diary. Have a good day!

Oh Kay it's lovely to have u back - I and probably many others have had that sort of blowout in the past but I for one certainly didn't stop after a day or so - it sometimes went on for weeks..

U've done really well to plan ur way back so sensibly and quickly - so like u!! I'll be coming back to ur post to guide me thro my dark days - I've even marked the dat in my diary. Have a good day!

Awww thanks so much Upd :) . I think sometimes what happens is when your halfway through your journey you can become a bit complacent and bored, its hard to have that determination and focus everyweek that you have when your a newcomer to the plan. And if I'm just plain honest, I do miss my junk food sometimes, but as many have said on here before, once you have it your not really satisfied and you wonder why you did it in the first place. I guess its just something we have to get out of our system at the time. A bit like a brief affair with food lol :D .

Anyway what I have learnt from this going forward is I may have a few days in the future again when I want some timeout to eat what I want, and I will allow it. For some people its just a few days for others it can be a week. I would rather take a week off and start fresh then set myself up for failure each day by going over the plan and start believeing I'm a complete failure, in the long term that would have a worse effect on me.

Upd I hope you've had a fab week and are doing well :), will pop over to your diary in a mo for a catchup :p !

Kay xx

Good morning hun,
It's good to see you back.
Well done for having a complete blow out and getting it out of your system, now you can draw that line and start again :)
Hope you have a good day.xx

Thank you so much Lmn, :) it's good to be back, although my blow out week is still happening as we speak :D, I am giving myself this week off, but will still be posting on here, minus my daily eats. From next Tuesday I will be back on the plan. I have so many diaries to catch up on, you are all doing so well :p . Hope your having a lovely week hun .

Kay xx

Awww thanks so much Upd :) . I think sometimes what happens is when your halfway through your journey you can become a bit complacent and bored, its hard to have that determination and focus everyweek that you have when your a newcomer to the plan. And if I'm just plain honest, I do miss my junk food sometimes, but as many have said on here before, once you have it your not really satisfied and you wonder why you did it in the first place. I guess its just something we have to get out of our system at the time. A bit like a brief affair with food lol :D .

Anyway what I have learnt from this going forward is I may have a few days in the future again when I want some timeout to eat what I want, and I will allow it. For some people its just a few days for others it can be a week. I would rather take a week off and start fresh then set myself up for failure each day by going over the plan and start believeing I'm a complete failure, in the long term that would have a worse effect on me.

Upd I hope you've had a fab week and are doing well :), will pop over to your diary in a mo for a catchup :p !

Kay xx

Thanks - wish I'd thought of that plan years ago - wd have saved me a lot of angst - not to mention £££££s!! Again will bear that in mind for the future.

I put my food for the day on another person's diary - a couple of us do that and LJ (who started the thread) keeps us on our toes and warmly welcomes newcomers here's the link: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/332805-ljs-journey-slim-sixty.html

Have a good day on ur well thought out plan!

......going to go and get myself something to eat for brekkie :eating: . Will be back shortly, incase you guys send out a search party for me hehe :D !

Kay xx

Glad your back Kay :),
You take the time needed to sort your self out , it happens to us all but well done in it being a two day blow out , my moods like that last weeks believe me and I too think I've not learnt anything about monitoring my food regardless of getting my 8 stone award at group a few years ago , hench why half of it crept back on and I'm still battling to shift it again, but the fact that we do get back on plan is proof we have altered our relationship with food,
I will get there and eventually complete my journey and I know you definitely will , you've come so far already and as it has been said we all have lives to lead were not diet robots ,
Take care my lovely xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've read all the posts Kay , you've got great support , just like you give out we give back xx

Glad your back Kay :),
You take the time needed to sort your self out , it happens to us all but well done in it being a two day blow out , my moods like that last weeks believe me and I too think I've not learnt anything about monitoring my food regardless of getting my 8 stone award at group a few years ago , hench why half of it crept back on and I'm still battling to shift it again, but the fact that we do get back on plan is proof we have altered our relationship with food,
I will get there and eventually complete my journey and I know you definitely will , you've come so far already and as it has been said we all have lives to lead were not diet robots ,
Take care my lovely xxxx

Thanks Von :), I'm defo not a diet robot :D like I was when I did CD. I love SW because it is flexible and you can eat . I'm just going to take this week to get my mojo back.

......And yes your right the support on here is tremendous and I really appreciate it :) . Hope you have a lovely day hun and well done on your 6lbs loss this week !!

Kay xx

Hello my lovely mins friends :wavey:,

Sorry I’ve been AWOL . Thank you all for all your lovely messages, I really really do appreciate it. Such kindness and support means even more to me when I’m down. You guys have always been there for me, through my highs and lows on this journey. I don’t think I could do SW with just group alone, without the tremendous support I get from my mins friends on here. Thank you all once again !

Group Hug xx

:grouphugg:

Since my last message on here, I have gone totally off plan. I’ve probably gained another 3 lbs in 2 days by now, you don’t even want to know, I have eaten anything and everything in sight ! :rolleyes: I didn’t even enjoy myself but was just stuffing my face in. I don’t know what I was going through but I just felt like I wanted to let go and eat what I want, just get this blow out, out of my system. I also didn’t go to group yesterday, I informed my C to put me down as H. I don’t think I was in the frame of mind to be around anyone, probably would have cried infront of everyone for the lack of control on the plan. :cry:

I didn’t sleep much last night, but I have woken up this morning with clearer head. It’s a fresh start and a new week, I will try and be 100% today. I will use all my syns if I need to. I think I will do that pretty much for the rest of the week. I do expect to see a gain next week, but am more prepared for that. It may take me another week before I am fully 100% on board, but right now I am just making small changes but not going to force myself to stick with it or put any pressure on myself to lose weight, because that’s when I end up having a huge blow out, when I put too much expectation on myself . :sigh:

I’m going to use this next week to ease back into the plan slowly. If I go over my weekly syns then I will just put that down to flexi syns and hope for the best. :rolleyes: I’m also not going to be posting my daily eats this week because I am giving myself this week off to clear my head and get my focus and my mojo back ! :) Don’t worry I will still be posting on my diary, you can’t get rid of me that easily lol :p , but just not my food for the week. I hope to start that from next week.

I’ve been gone 2 days but all your diaries move so quickly, I have so much catching up to do ! :character00148: Some of you have had some brilliant losses and are in a different stone bracket altogether, that’s amazing ! :party0011: I know I’m going to get a huge amount of inspiration from reading all of them. I’m looking forward to a good old catch up now with my cup of tea. :)

It’s good to be back ! :bunnydance:

Kay xx

Oh Kay I'm so glad you're back! I'm so sorry you've been feeling so crappy over the last few days hun. I honestly think you've been putting way too much pressure on yourself. I don't want to sound like I'm preaching, I just want to help, but I'm sure you'd feel a lot better if you relaxed a little and tried to enjoy the process bit more. I've been there myself wanting big numbers week after week and getting so disappointed when it doesn't happen. I've cried, thrown a tantrum, had a binge, tried to be ridiculously strict at CC and basically put myself through the emotional wringer, when in reality the truth is that some weeks we just don't lose big numbers. Some weeks we might not even lose at all, but so long as we're sticking to plan and enjoying what we're eating then we're doing all we can. It will come off hun, it's just a long and sometimes very frustrating process.

You sound a lot more positive in your post and I'm so glad. You can enjoy all your syns and lose weight, so why not have them? Depriving yourself only leads to blow outs so please take this week to fall in love with SW again. I'm so glad you're seeing it as a fresh week and a fresh start. If you gain next WI then you gain, but I think you've learnt an important lesson from all this. It's so easy to fall off the plan and never get back on, but you've not done that. You've dusted yourself off and got back on plan like a champ. I know this sounds kinda cliche, but the weeks that decide whether or not we get to goal aren't the ones where we breeze a 3lb loss. All the little stumbles are just stepping stones on the road to goal, don't see it as a set back, you've overcome another obstacle and I'm sure its made you even more determined.

Anyway sorry for rambling on, I just want you to try and see the positives from the negative if you know what I mean. Plus after the binge your metabolism will be sky high again now, every cloud! ;)

*Big hugs* and soooo glad to see one of my bestest forum buddies posting again xxxxx

Good to see you back I have also been AWOL hoping to be back on it soon. Xx

Thanks so much :) I really appreciate it. Hope your feeling better too since being away. Lets hope we both regain our focus and get back on the wagon soon ! Hope your having a smashing day hun !

Kay xx

Thanks - wish I'd thought of that plan years ago - wd have saved me a lot of angst - not to mention £££££s!! Again will bear that in mind for the future.

I put my food for the day on another person's diary - a couple of us do that and LJ (who started the thread) keeps us on our toes and warmly welcomes newcomers here's the link: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/332805-ljs-journey-slim-sixty.html

Have a good day on ur well thought out plan!

Will pop over soon Upd, thanks for the link and well done on your super duper 3 lbs loss this week ! :p You kept that quiet ! So happy for you hun ! :D

Kay xx

Back