Kay's journey to health and happiness

Hey hun, thanks for giving me a nudge to find you, for some reason I didn't think you had a diary. I know it's in your sig now, but half the time I go on mini's its from my phone app which doesn't show the sigs.

You've done fantastically well so far, you must feel amazing in comparison to where you were last year. Well done on the fabby result on the scales yesterday, feels amazing doesn't it when you get a big number! It's so encouraging for me to see it's still possible to get big losses in the 13's, I'm a long way off that yet but its nice to see you getting such great results.

Orange choc cheesecake sounds amazing, hope it's as yummy as it sounds! xxx

Oooh Kay please read tarot cards for me one day!!! =) =)

Hey hun, thanks for giving me a nudge to find you, for some reason I didn't think you had a diary. I know it's in your sig now, but half the time I go on mini's its from my phone app which doesn't show the sigs.

You've done fantastically well so far, you must feel amazing in comparison to where you were last year. Well done on the fabby result on the scales yesterday, feels amazing doesn't it when you get a big number! It's so encouraging for me to see it's still possible to get big losses in the 13's, I'm a long way off that yet but its nice to see you getting such great results.

Orange choc cheesecake sounds amazing, hope it's as yummy as it sounds! xxx

Thank you for your kind words Bev :). Glad you found me :D, whoopsie I forgot the app doesn't have signatures lol . My dessert was yum indeed, will be posting up Todays Eats in a bit.

Kay xx

Oooh Kay please read tarot cards for me one day!!! =) =)

Indeed I will :D wouldn't it be good if my cards could tell when I get to target :rolleyes: lol . How has your day been so far, is that notebook filling up yet ? When's your weigh in this week ?

Kay xx

Hello :) how's your day been? X

Hi Cookie my sister came around for dinner, she's just gone, will be posting up Todays Eats in a bit, how was your day ?

Kay xx

What did u end up cooking? I liked the bns as chips, good substitute and more superfree :)

Oh glad it came out nice Rae Rae, going to add that to my shopping list now :p . I like the fact that its superfree and filling. Did you use any seasoning or do you just make them simple like chips ?

Kay xx

Oh glad it came out nice Rae Rae, going to add that to my shopping list now :p . I like the fact that its superfree and filling. Did you use any seasoning or do you just make them simple like chips ?

Kay xx

Just plain then added a bit of salt b4 eating them :)

Todays Eats

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
Smoked Salmon Sandwich
x2 wm bread (heb)
60g smoked salmon 5.5 syns
1 tbsp. ketchup 1 syn
1/2 tsp flora lighter than light spread 0.5 syns
x1 low low cheese slice (hea)
salad - free

Lunch -
Grilled Cheese Toast
x1 slice of wm bread 3 syns
x1 slice of low low cheese (hea)
tomato slices - free

Dinner -
SW Chilli Con Carne - free (recipe from SW website) I used Quorn mince :)
with salad - free
IMG_0772.jpg IMG_0339.jpg

Dessert -
Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
Quark - free
8g Options Belgium Choc 1.5 syns
x2 Double Choc Alpen Light Bars (heb)

IMG_0774.jpg

Drinks -
Robinson Summer Fruit nas squash - free
x1 fennel tea
x1 Irish Cream coffee with semi skimmed milk (hea)
1L of water

TOTAL SYNS = 11.5 :p

Looking good :)

Thanks Rae Rae I'm proper stuffed now :p . I think I will use some more seasoning on the bns, I heard it has quite a bland taste ?

Kay xx

I'm weighing in a day early due to work so it'll be tomorrow evening!! Really excited and hoping I get a big loss. Worked my butt off swapping veg in for carbs!!! Lol

My food diary looks awesome! However the last two days look very empty I just haven't eaten very much because I've been in bed by 8.30pm....this is always the best week of the month for me as my appetite is very very low.

Bring it on :D my new slimming notebook arrives tomorrow too!

I'm weighing in a day early due to work so it'll be tomorrow evening!! Really excited and hoping I get a big loss. Worked my butt off swapping veg in for carbs!!! Lol

My food diary looks awesome! However the last two days look very empty I just haven't eaten very much because I've been in bed by 8.30pm....this is always the best week of the month for me as my appetite is very very low.

Bring it on :D my new slimming notebook arrives tomorrow too!

Well done Lauren, I can tell without doing any tarot cards, your gonna have a decent loss tomorrow :D . It's great that your appetite is low but make sure you eating enough calories to keep your metabolism going :) . How much water have you drunk this week ? Always helps for a good loss.

Kay xx

Ok so without turning my diary into my recipe thread, I will post a very popular SW recipe for Onion Bhajis which is proving to be a hit with many members. Here it is for you all :D .

ONION BHAJI

This is a Slimming World recipe that I came across( not one of my own) , and it's syn free ! :)

View attachment 110366

Ingredients

Onion Bhajis with Raita dip
Free on Green Day (or EE)

8oz stiff mashed potato (you can use Smash)
400g tin/jar of cooked Chickpeas
2 thinly sliced onions
Salt & black pepper
approx 2 tbps curry powder (or to taste - we thought it also needed some chilli)
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 beaten egg
1 tsp dried coriander
Fry Light

Method

Heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
Fry onions in fry light until soft

Drain and rinse chickpeas and mash well.
Add mashed potatoes, onions, curry powder and seasonings.
Mix together with beaten egg
Spray large baking tray with fry light
Put tablespoon sized 'balls' of mix on tray
Spray Bhajis with fry light
Cook in oven for approx 15 to 20 mins, until golden brown

Raita dip
1 small onion chopped
Cherry or tomatoes cut into chunks
Diced cucumber
100g pot Fat free natural yoghurt
1 tspn sugar free mint sauce concentrate
Pinch salt
Mix all these together to make a dip for the Bhajis

Enjoy !! :)

Here is proof of how good it is :D ...

Gave these a go tonight, they were seriously gorgeous!! Definitely a new favourite, even my dad who popped round after work pinched one from the kitchen and he loves real onion bhajis and he said they taste better then some Indian restaurants!! X

Lovely looking food again Kay, xx

Thank you cookie, my sister came around for dinner tonight so wanted to cook up something new. Got the chilli recipe from the website, it was lovely. I want to get the new sw mag, got to have a browse in group this week, there is a lovely recipe for key lime pie, yum yum. They make the pics look so real, I wanted a slice there and then :D first thing in the morning lol.

Kay xx

Food os looking grand Kay well done x

Thanks Sheila, I'm proper stuffed, not bored of the cheesecakes just yet :D. I shall keep them rolling hehe.

Kay xx

Back