Kay's journey to health and happiness

Thanks hun - thats why I was checking on SW online not that I didnt believe you lol. I got caught out with a lemon and herb rub once that I bought for chicken and some aromat. I thought oh its dry powder it will be syn free!! nope the aromat is 7 syns per container and the rub was 10.5 syns per pot arghhhh x

I have looked into it on the net with the ingredients and the only trace of oil in the ingredients in lemon oil which is so way down the list, it says unless you have 6 servings in one go even then it may only be half a syn so its not worth counting.

Here are the ingredients -

Ingredients: Coriander, Salt, Fenugreek, Onion Powder, Black Pepper, Chilli,
Garlic Powder, Cassia, Cinnamon, Cumin, Ginger, Clove, Bay Leaves,
Nutmeg, Celery Powder, Colours (E124 & E102), Spice Extracts, Lemon Oil,
Citric Acid, Cardamom.

I have looked into it on the net with the ingredients and the only trace of oil in the ingredients in lemon oil which is so way down the list, it says unless you have 6 servings in one go even then it may only be half a syn so its not worth counting.

Here are the ingredients -

Ingredients: Coriander, Salt, Fenugreek, Onion Powder, Black Pepper, Chilli,
Garlic Powder, Cassia, Cinnamon, Cumin, Ginger, Clove, Bay Leaves,
Nutmeg, Celery Powder, Colours (E124 & E102), Spice Extracts, Lemon Oil,
Citric Acid, Cardamom.

Sounds good to me hun :D im planning burgers tomorrow but will get some tomorrow for over the weekend im in on my own and it will be quick and easy to knock up a meal or snack with nom nom - thanks again Kay xx

Really enjoyed your post. You hit the nail on the head when you say about 'training your mind'. I'm beginning to think that weight-loss is more about the way that we think than anything else.

Good luck!

Sounds good to me hun :D im planning burgers tomorrow but will get some tomorrow for over the weekend im in on my own and it will be quick and easy to knock up a meal or snack with nom nom - thanks again Kay xx

Your most welcome hun :p .

Kay xx

Really enjoyed your post. You hit the nail on the head when you say about 'training your mind'. I'm beginning to think that weight-loss is more about the way that we think than anything else.

Good luck!

Umm hello :p not sure if this post was ment for me ? Although I am happy to take the compliment :D .

Kay xx

YOO-HOO! Excited to be be in Kay-land - know I'll learn a lot - but it may take some time to get thro 59 pages - get ready to receive zillions of LIKES v soon.

YOO-HOO! Excited to be be in Kay-land - know I'll learn a lot - but it may take some time to get thro 59 pages - get ready to receive zillions of LIKES v soon.

hello hello and welcome :D ! Now that your here, hope the 59 pages don't put u to flippin sleep ! :p

Kay xx

Hi everyone :) .

It's the start of 2014 and I think keeping a diary on here will help keep me on track. I lost 3.5 stones in 2013 on SW. I have had an enormous amount of support from many of my friends on here who have been a great inspiration to me. Your diaries have helped me a lot and so I wanted to share my experiences too. I have another 4 stones to lose this year. I am not great at posting everyday and every meal I eat but I will try my best to keep my diary up to date.

In 2013 what worked for me was doing body magic along with my green days, those were the weeks I lost the most. I know its different for everyone. I also loved doing the monthly challenges set up by Texty and Daz (normally in the off topic section on here), its a great way to keep track of your progress week on week. I like breaking my goals down so it seems more achievable and the monthly challenges really help with that.

I am also a big foodie hence I have a thread on here with all my Indian recipes made the SW way. I have cooked Indian food all my life and love to share my recipes with other members. I also love getting ideas and tips from others on their fab recipes (Pete's recipe book is brill also ! check it out in the World Recipes section) . Some of the food pics on here make me hungry all over again even after I've eaten :p . Perhaps that's why, after trying so many extreme diets I have had the most success with SW because I don't have to run away from food anymore. I just need to train my mind to prepare meals in a much healthier way and allow myself treats now and then to really enjoy and appreciate them, rather than stuffing my face as I have done in the past.

I am an emotional eater, so learning to reward myself with non food treats is something new to me but I have started to enjoy it more. Also as the weight drops off, shopping is so much more fun ! I have had some nice comments from some friends and others well, they say `you should stop or you will be too thin ' what they really mean is please be the fat friend you've always been next to me in my pics so I look slimmer :D . But guess what, I will stop when I feel it's right !

My main aim on this journey is to be healthier and happier, which is the title of my diary :p. With the weightloss I will gain more confidence in myself. Although I have a number in my mind I don't want that to be my main focus. It's the journey that's important to me not the destination.

I hope you all pop in to read my diary as I have yours and we can share ideas and help and support one another along the way. I do know a fair bit about the plan having lost 3.5 stones, but I am no expert, I learn something new on here each day :) .

I wish you all a successful and fab 2014 on your weightloss journey's, and hope you all achieve the goals you have set out for yourselves !!!

Hugs Kay xx

:bighug:

Lovely intro Kay - felt emotional reading that - lots of things u say strike a chord with me!

Keep meaning to make your chicken tikka!!! I'll pop to asda tomorrow and get the spice and the yoghurt. However ill end up eating all of it, it will not survive more than a day haha. I wish it would but I can't help but eat bite size chicken!

Keep meaning to make your chicken tikka!!! I'll pop to asda tomorrow and get the spice and the yoghurt. However ill end up eating all of it, it will not survive more than a day haha. I wish it would but I can't help but eat bite size chicken!

Thanks Lauren it is yummy indeed and very versatile, you can have it in sandwiches, wraps, salads, burgers, add it to rice, the list goes on :p . And its quick to make and syn free :) . You did so well following the cheesecake recipe, would love to see pics of your chicken tikka pieces .

Kay xx

Thanks Rae Rae. I currently weigh 13.7 stones I want to get down to 9 stones by Christmas this year. I would have liked to get there by my birthday in June but I think I'm being too optimistic there. Xmas is more likely. So all in all I have about 4 1/2 stones to lose :rolleyes: seems like a long way away.

Yes Kay - goals are often far away but as u posted once - we need to break the main target down into mini targets - and for every 1lb we lose we're healthier and for every half stone we look & feel better and for every 10-14lbs we drop a clothes size and with all ur exercise u'll be toning up too!

hey hun hope you've a good day planned today :) x

hey hun hope you've a good day planned today :) x

Thanks Jess :), still woke up with some more cramps, plan on taking it easy today. Going to spend some time looking up some recipes to make for next week. Hope your having a lovely day too. I'm loving your food pics on your diary, there making me oh so hungry :p, bet the baby's well happy with the food :D .

Kay xx

Afternoon Everyone :) , been going through some of my slimming world magazine issues and came across `Choc Shot '. My consultant mentioned it this week in group. It's a chocolate lovers dream and its only 1 syn for 1 tbsp . Great when you want that choccy fix. Fab ontop of desserts. My only problem now is Asda don't stock them boo ! Only Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and Waitrose stock them in the hot chocolate aisle. I'll have to nip to my local Morrisons which is the nearest to me after Asda. It is a bit expensive at £3.59 for the bottle(320g) , but it should last if you're just using 1 tbsp at a time.

Here it is, it comes in a squeezy bottle :p .

untitled30.png

Can't wait till summer :D Mmmmm !

untitled33.png

hello hello and welcome :D ! Now that your here, hope the 59 pages don't put u to flippin sleep ! :p

Kay xx

Not at all! I think I read about 25ish pages - v interesting and I've subscribed - I was late going to bed!! Will read the rest soon I hope! Will read how ur day's been later - I'm on track up to now!

Not at all! I think I read about 25ish pages - v interesting and I've subscribed - I was late going to bed!! Will read the rest soon I hope! Will read how ur day's been later - I'm on track up to now!

Glad your enjoying the read :p . Well done on having a 100% day on plan, hope you have many more to come ! :D

Kay xx

Back