Kay's journey to health and happiness

Morning hun!

Hope you enjoyed your yummy breakfast. I'm having SW breakfast for lunch today, can smell the bacon cooking as I type, yum yum!

Being hungry is a good sign as it means your metabolism is working. Hopefully the big breakfast will give you lots of fuel for your workout today.

Soo jel about the Chinese tonight, hope you enjoy! Don't you dare feel guilty about it 'cos bet you'll burn loads off in the gym today and you deserve a nice meal out xx

Thanks Bev, couldn't fit gym in today :rolleyes:, the house is a mess I really need to get my skates on. I managed to go for a 40min walk hope that has burned of some cals, thinking its not enough. I stepped on the scales again this morning and they have not moved so a bit gutted. Think its better if I join you and Von tomorrow on the Soup Challenge, really need to give these losses a kick up the backside ! :asskick: Hope your day's been going to plan hun. Have you done your food shop for the soup challenge tomorrow ? :)

Kay xx

I'm gutted totally gutted , want to cry so pi**ed off ,
Where the hell did 2lb come from :(
FFS
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aww Von, replied on your thread :).

Kay xx

Afternoon Kay - brekki sounds lush and well done having it all on plan, the gym will get things moving and you can enjoy your Chinese tonight knowing you can make wise choices. x

Thanks Sheila, couldn't fit gym in so bit pissed about that, got a messy house to clean :rolleyes:, but managed to go for a 40min walk. Hope your weekend is going well hun, will pop over to your diary for a catch up. :)

Kay xx

:sign0163: I need ... :help2: . I'm going out for a Chinese tonight. I've looked at the restaurants menu and discussed with my sis what we're gonna order. Based on what we're having can someone tell me what plan would work best, my guess is EE. Also could you be kind enough to let me know the syns for these dishes please ? Much appreciated.

Starters -
Scallops in garlic, ginger and spring onions, soy sauce
Chinese style deep fried squid

Mains -
Pak choi
Chinese fried noodle with Seafood
Prawn Curry
Plain boiled rice

Kay xx

Thanks Bev, couldn't fit gym in today :rolleyes:, the house is a mess I really need to get my skates on. I managed to go for a 40min walk hope that has burned of some cals, thinking its not enough. I stepped on the scales again this morning and they have not moved so a bit gutted. Think its better if I join you and Von tomorrow on the Soup Challenge, really need to give these losses a kick up the backside ! :asskick: Hope your day's been going to plan hun. Have you done your food shop for the soup challenge tomorrow ? :)

Kay xx

Hey hun, 40 minutes walking is great, especially considering all the other exercise you've done this week. Plus all the housework will be lots of body magic for you too!

Arghhh! I really am gonna have to kill you if you keep hopping on those scales missy, though I guess I can't talk after my sneaky WI this week! :p You're doing everything 100% right and that's all you can do, some days your body will just be annoying and retain more water, its only natural. I'm sure you'll have a loss on Tuesday I really am, just keep the faith and whatever you do don't WI tomorrow after the Chinese! With the water retention you'll be a couple of pounds up but it'll all be off the next day. Just warning you in advance cos I don't want to see you stressing when really its just because of a bit extra salt etc. So promise me you'll stay away from the scales tomorrow?

I'm going to start the soup challenge on Monday now hun instead, I'm nipping to ASDA tomorrow to get some soup mixes, think I'm gonna make a big batch of chicken and veg soup tomorrow and leave it overnight in the slow cooker so its all yummy! Chris is cooking meatballs and pasta for tea tomorrow so I'm gonna WI and enjoy my last carby fix before the end of the soup challenge. I really want to stick 100% on plan next week so if I give myself a little breathing room tomorrow with a few extra syns and some pasta I think I'll have the best chance of sticking to soup challenge rules next week. xxx

Hey hun, 40 minutes walking is great, especially considering all the other exercise you've done this week. Plus all the housework will be lots of body magic for you too!

Arghhh! I really am gonna have to kill you if you keep hopping on those scales missy, though I guess I can't talk after my sneaky WI this week! :p You're doing everything 100% right and that's all you can do, some days your body will just be annoying and retain more water, its only natural. I'm sure you'll have a loss on Tuesday I really am, just keep the faith and whatever you do don't WI tomorrow after the Chinese! With the water retention you'll be a couple of pounds up but it'll all be off the next day. Just warning you in advance cos I don't want to see you stressing when really its just because of a bit extra salt etc. So promise me you'll stay away from the scales tomorrow?

I'm going to start the soup challenge on Monday now hun instead, I'm nipping to ASDA tomorrow to get some soup mixes, think I'm gonna make a big batch of chicken and veg soup tomorrow and leave it overnight in the slow cooker so its all yummy! Chris is cooking meatballs and pasta for tea tomorrow so I'm gonna WI and enjoy my last carby fix before the end of the soup challenge. I really want to stick 100% on plan next week so if I give myself a little breathing room tomorrow with a few extra syns and some pasta I think I'll have the best chance of sticking to soup challenge rules next week. xxx

Yep that makes sense to start Monday :), I will start tom with Von to give her company and also I will need it after my Chinese . Can't promise about the scales though but did u read my recent post, any ideas on the syns for my menu tonight ? :eek:

Kay xx

:sign0163: I need ... :help2: . I'm going out for a Chinese tonight. I've looked at the restaurants menu and discussed with my sis what we're gonna order. Based on what we're having can someone tell me what plan would work best, my guess is EE. Also could you be kind enough to let me know the syns for these dishes please ? Much appreciated.

Starters -

Mains -
Pak choi
Prawn Curry
Plain boiled rice

Kay xx

Starters -

Mains -
Pak choi
Prawn Curry
Plain boiled rice

Kay xx

Hey hun, I won't be much help with the syns cos I haven't got access to SW online anymore. BUT if you do an EE day then I think that'd be best cos your plain boiled rice will be completely syn free. Be careful of googling syns too as if you remember recently a lot of the syn values went up for things like chow mein, so I don't know if that means the other Chinese dishes will too. I'd check SW online for your best bet, though even then its an estimate on average portions x

P.s I'm super jealous about your yummy Chinese tonight!!

Thanks Bev I'm still searching but some of them are not listed or have different names so I might have to syn it to a similar dish :rolleyes:, not sure how accurate that would be. I think I will do EE. I'm having the scallops, my sister will have the deep fried squid think that will be more syns. For mains I feel I will end up picking at everything not sure how many syns the sauce in the prawn curry will have :eek:.

Kay xx

Starters -

Mains -
Pak choi
Prawn Curry
Plain boiled rice

Kay xx

I don't know about syns, but health wise, the scallops would be better than deep fried squid, and I would say the curry would be better than fried noodles, but what do you fancy? Xx

Starters -
Scallops in garlic, ginger and spring onions, soy sauce free on EE, but probably cooked with oil so add a few syns
Chinese style deep fried squid per 100grms 4.5 syns

Mains -
Pak choi free
Chinese fried noodle with Seafood 6.5 syns per 500grms
Prawn Curry anywhere between 4-7.5 syns
Plain boiled rice free on EE

The above are guesstimates, but give you an idea, I hope that helps & you have a lovely evening xx

Hello Kay :) hope your having a fun time with your sister and enjoying your meal.

Did you say the soup challenge was starting tomorrow? If so count me in, I've got a speed soup for lunch tomorrow xx

Hello Kay :) hope your having a fun time with your sister and enjoying your meal.

Did you say the soup challenge was starting tomorrow? If so count me in, I've got a speed soup for lunch tomorrow xx

Good luck Cookie!

Starters -

Mains -
Pak choi
Prawn Curry
Plain boiled rice

Kay xx

Sorry Kay - I can't help u twice over I'm afraid:

1. Read ur post too late and...
2. No access to syns online

I hope u've had a lovely meal and enjoyed ur night out - u prepared in advance so bet u'll have done well and within ur syns allowance - and u have a the soup challenge coming up! Just a pity u had to pay for the meal hey?!

Evening Kay - sorry I wasnt around this afternoon to help with syn values. I hope regardless of that you have enjoyed your meal hun xx

Hope you've enjoyed your Chinese meal Kay. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday night, and stay positive xxx

Good morning everyone. I'm not a happy bunny, no no I'm not :break_diet: . I gained 3 lbs last week. Up to yesterday morning I was 2lbs down so only needed another 1lb before Tuesday to catch up to where I was last week. I've stepped on the scales this morning after last nights meal out and they've gone up by 2lb :(. I just want to cry :cry:.

I remember when I started my journey at just over 16st I was able to eat more (free food) and lose weight, my losses were bigger. As I've hit 12 stones I realise I don't have good losses unless I exercise portion control and eat less. Even when it comes to free food like plain boiled rice, the minute I touch carbs my scales shoot up :mad:. I am naturally a big foodie, someone who enjoys healthy meals and cooking them. No matter if I get smaller that is not going to change about me. I was hoping as long as I eat healthy I will still be able to eat lots when I'm a smaller size, but it seems my body does not agree. If I want to be smaller I have to eat less, I'm not really happy with that !

Anyway I feel like throwing the towel in but I'm not going to. I wanted to hear from some of you that are in the 11's to 9's, do you find as you get in the smaller bracket you have to eat less ? Or do you balance the extra calories with exercise ? Maybe I need to start doing some calories counting too :sigh:.

Yesterdays Eats (Saturday)

EXTRA EASY

Brunch -
Quorn Sausages 2 syns
Scrambled Eggs - free
Grilled Tomatoes - free
Mushrooms - free
x1 Toast (heb)

Dinner -
My Starter - Scallops 2 syns(for oil)

IMG_0214.jpg

My Sisters Starter - Deep fried squid

IMG_0210.jpg

My Mains - Pak Choi - free

IMG_0215.jpg

Prawn Curry (half portion, we shared) - 4syns

IMG_0213.jpg

My Sisters Mains - Seafood Noodles

IMG_0211.jpg

Plain Boiled Rice - free

images5OXHTZQ9.jpg

Drinks -
x2 Lemon Zest teas
x2 Diet Coke
1.5L of Water

TOTAL SYNS = 8

My sister had the deep fried squid for starter, was very tempting but I stayed away because of the syns and chose scallops instead. She ordered seafood noodles for her main, I went for the pak choi and plain boiled rice and the prawn curry we shared. For what its worth the restaurant was lovely and the food was lovely too.

I'm starting my Soup Challenge today with Von which means DAY 1 is a no carb red day, so hopefully I can pull back today and tomorrow hope those scales move for Tuesday :(. Sorry for rant peeps. I'm just not a happy bunny this morning.

Kay xx

Kay Chinese is notorious for sodium so your gain will be water retention. Glug that water today, drink peppermint tea and your soup challenge will be low cal so it will balance out. Keep ploddin on hun. Please don't throw the towel in xx

Back