Kay's journey to health and happiness

Kay Chinese is notorious for sodium so your gain will be water retention. Glug that water today, drink peppermint tea and your soup challenge will be low cal so it will balance out. Keep ploddin on hun. Please don't throw the towel in xx

Thanks RR :(, I'm trying but some day's you just want to bury your head in a mountain of chocolate. Just as well the challenge starts today and I have Von for company, otherwise I probably would have had a major blip today. Thanks for your support hun, I'm drinking lots of lemon tea and will try and drink lots of water too.

Kay xx

Thanks RR :(, I'm trying but some day's you just want to bury your head in a mountain of chocolate. Just as well the challenge starts today and I have Von for company, otherwise I probably would have had a major blip today. Thanks for your support hun, I'm drinking lots of lemon tea and will try and drink lots of water too.

Kay xx

Kay you really are amazing, never forget that. You're doing great and you're such an inspiration. I know it's hard not to cave when you feel crap but it'll make you feel worse if you do. Can you goand take your frustration out at the gym? Xx

Kay, after a meal out like that you're going to show a gain. It's not a true gain though. I was up 4lbs last Sunday after being out for dinner on the Friday, and had salty popcorn at cinema on Saturday. 4 red days with gallons of water got that 4lbs off, and an extra 1, so it's really just a fluctuation from the sodium in your food.

Good luck on the soups, hope it goes excellently for you xx

Kay you really are amazing, never forget that. You're doing great and you're such an inspiration. I know it's hard not to cave when you feel crap but it'll make you feel worse if you do. Can you goand take your frustration out at the gym? Xx

Aww thanks RR :), don't know if I can fit gym in today, but I might go for a walk later, I need to go Asda in the morning for a food shop for my soup challenge. Well done on your loss this week hun, I'm so happy for you. ;)

Kay xx

Kay, after a meal out like that you're going to show a gain. It's not a true gain though. I was up 4lbs last Sunday after being out for dinner on the Friday, and had salty popcorn at cinema on Saturday. 4 red days with gallons of water got that 4lbs off, and an extra 1, so it's really just a fluctuation from the sodium in your food.

Good luck on the soups, hope it goes excellently for you xx

Thanks Niamh, I really needed the cheering up this morning. :) I hope what your saying is right and that its all the salt. I will drink loads today, I hope 2 days on the challenge will help the scales go down. I'd be over the moon to get a fabby loss like you :p. Hope your enjoying your Sunday hun. ;)

Kay xx

Aww I know how you feel I try to not snack on free food as I noticed I didn't get a loss either!! Perhaps one or two days a week you could get away with it like me, but the rest of the time feel like to lose weight you have to eat like a squirrel! When you get to maintaining I reckon we can both eat to extra easy easily...just whole we want big losses it's all about superfree.... :(

Try weighing yourself at midday...I'm always lighter at midday after lots of salt the night before!!! Only when I've had a light breakfast and not glugged water yet tho! I bet if you get on the scales now you'll be back to normal :) :)

Don't let chocolate win! He will not make you feel any better once it's all gone, believe me!!! So much more achieved when you go to bed at night and can say 'I've been amazing today and done what I set out to do' :) :) xx <3

Aww I know how you feel I try to not snack on free food as I noticed I didn't get a loss either!! Perhaps one or two days a week you could get away with it like me, but the rest of the time feel like to lose weight you have to eat like a squirrel! When you get to maintaining I reckon we can both eat to extra easy easily...just whole we want big losses it's all about superfree.... :(

Try weighing yourself at midday...I'm always lighter at midday after lots of salt the night before!!! Only when I've had a light breakfast and not glugged water yet tho! I bet if you get on the scales now you'll be back to normal :) :)

Don't let chocolate win! He will not make you feel any better once it's all gone, believe me!!! So much more achieved when you go to bed at night and can say 'I've been amazing today and done what I set out to do' :) :) xx <3

Aww thanks for getting back to me Lauren, I really need your advice on this. You started out your journey on 14st and your now in the 10's whoop ! Did you find from 12 downwards it was harder and you had to eat less ? Also in what stone bracket did you start to increase exercise ? I'm guessing when you started you were not as fit as you are now ? I'm beginning to think to get smaller SW alone is not going to do it for me ?

Kay xx

Morning Kay... Sorry you're disappointed with what the scales say today but I can only say the same as every else... It's because the Chinese food will have contained lots of salt... You'll find that the scales will have gone down by morning hun. Hope it doesn't ruin your day lovely xx

Morning Kay... Sorry you're disappointed with what the scales say today but I can only say the same as every else... It's because the Chinese food will have contained lots of salt... You'll find that the scales will have gone down by morning hun. Hope it doesn't ruin your day lovely xx

Thanks Kathryn :), I wanted to ask you the same question as Lauren, did you find after 12 stones your losses slowed down and did you eat less to get smaller ?

Kay xx

Thanks Kathryn :), I wanted to ask you the same question as Lauren, did you find after 12 stones your losses slowed down and did you eat less to get smaller ?

Kay xx

Difficult to say for me really as when I hit about 12 stone something last year was roughly the time that my grandma passed away, so I stayed around the same few pounds for months and months... But i do think that the closer you are to target, your losses definitely slow down. Exercise wise, I've always walked the same distance with the dogs for over 2.5 years now, I don't do any other exercise at all.
I haven't helped there at all have I? :rolleyes:

Difficult to say for me really as when I hit about 12 stone something last year was roughly the time that my grandma passed away, so I stayed around the same few pounds for months and months... But i do think that the closer you are to target, your losses definitely slow down. Exercise wise, I've always walked the same distance with the dogs for over 2.5 years now, I don't do any other exercise at all.
I haven't helped there at all have I? :rolleyes:

No you have Kathryn, thanks so much for that :). I love my food and I don't know why but I thought with SW I will still be able to eat lots even when I'm slimmer but I'm finding even with free food I have to calorie count or do portion control because the losses don't come as easily as they did when I was bigger and eating the same quantities. What also worries me is, I thought as I go down the stones, my appetite would also shrink but it hasn't that much. The only way I stay in control is to not have those things around me. When I do then I am still capable of eating large amounts even though I am 4 stone slimmer. Don't know if I'm making sense.

I'm beginning to think if I want to eat more then I can only do it on a day I exercise to earn those extra calories. But SW say the plan still works even if you don't exercise. I would say in the beginning yes, but as you start going into smaller numbers you have to work harder either eat less or eat what you used to but add exercise to your daily routine, to burn those extra calories that you want to eat :rolleyes:.

Kay xx

just keep the faith and whatever you do don't WI tomorrow after the Chinese! With the water retention you'll be a couple of pounds up but it'll all be off the next day. Just warning you in advance cos I don't want to see you stressing when really its just because of a bit extra salt etc. So promise me you'll stay away from the scales tomorrow?

I hate to quote myself in instances like this, but ARGHHH you plonker! You did say you wouldn't promise me though, so fair enough. That water weight will all be off for Tuesday. It's not a real gain. To gain 2lbs you'd need to eat 7000 EXTRA calories ontop of what your body normally burned, as yummy as your Chinese looked it wasn't that calorific!

Stay away from the choccys, get stuck in with the soup challenge and last weeks gain will be off for Tue! xxx

I hate to quote myself in instances like this, but ARGHHH you plonker! You did say you wouldn't promise me though, so fair enough. That water weight will all be off for Tuesday. It's not a real gain. To gain 2lbs you'd need to eat 7000 EXTRA calories ontop of what your body normally burned, as yummy as your Chinese looked it wasn't that calorific!

Stay away from the choccys, get stuck in with the soup challenge and last weeks gain will be off for Tue! xxx

Aww thanks Bev, I really hope so :rolleyes:. I'm off to Asda now for my food shop, will try and chain myself to my trolley so I stay away from the naughties :D.

Kay xx

Ok I'm off now to shop at Asda for my Soup Challenge, will pop back later to see how your all getting on. Hope you all enjoy your Sunday :).

Kay xx

Afternoon Kay - You wont throw the towel in you have come too far to do that!!

I started off at 14.7 - Im 11.1 now - I do no exercise at all ( I used to until my back problem so your talking no exercise for 2 years) I still eat lots of carbs and my portions arent small. I also on looking at peoples food diaries eat a hell of a lot more meat than most :eek: but its what I like and wont change now. Everyones body/metabolism is different.

You have to do what your comfy with hun, and lets be clear on this YOUR weightloss isn't small you have done amazingly well so your doing something right. I know its not easy but Bev is right about using the scales especially after a meal out, its not a true reading and they will come back down. Keep the faith hun, your doing your soup challenge now and look at the brillliant result you got last time. xx

Oh Kay what are we like , I was like this yesterday and you helped me and pulled me through it , aswell as everyone else did ,
Now were here saying the same to you ,
Why do we do this to our selves ?

I agree the gain is not a weight gain is just a fluctuation that will be gone soon enough ,

I didn't throw the towel in yesterday , and believe me I was close ,
I'm ready today to start the challenge ,
I know where your coming from re cals and eating less , especially me at the moment home all day,
I eat big portions and I too am questioning eating fruit as snacks , and therefor adding more cals , I have started buying carrots and celery to munch on as lower cals , but will I want to munch celery this week and have celery soup ? We will see,

I know we won't ever break away from how important that bloody number going down is , that's how we are ,

But continue doing what you do so well , you have done amazing your stats are brilliant ,

Hope the walk gives you a chance to think things through lovely,
Take care my friend :)
Catch you later ,

Xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey hun, hope you had a nice supermarket trip and found loads of ingredients for your soups this week. I've got a chicken and veg one going in the slow cooker now, smells gorgeous, looking forward to it for my lunch tomorrow.

I was updating my results on the Easter challenge earlier and was looking at the spread sheet results thingy Daz has filled in for us. You've done amazing hun, 17.5lbs off since the start of the challenge is incredible! I know you think your losses aren't great, but in the same period I've lost 22lbs and I'm 7 stone heavier than you! I really think you're doing brilliantly and if I have losses anywhere like you're getting at this stage of your journey then I'll be a very happy bunny! Chin up chicken, I know it seems like an uphill battle at times, but if anyone can do it then it's you! xxx

Back