Kay's journey to health and happiness

Morning Kay. Hope you are ok. I expect that yesterday it was just salt as everyone said.
I found I hit a but if a wall too, I have shake. Things up a bit, not with portion sizes though. I have changed to having around 10 syns rather than 15 and changed my heb to a speed one (2 ryvitas). Also bizarrely I have also given up drinking diet lemonade and that seems to have had the most impact?? I think because it was giving me sugar spikes and making me hungry through the day.
I decided to do this as I am willing to cut back a bit for this last half stone but I know it won't be long term as soon as I get to target I am upping syns and going back to a normal heb. I think it is personal what works for each. But maybe have a look and see if there is anywhere you could make a better choice.
Hope that helps.
Jen

Morning Kay. Hope your Monday is stress free xxx

Morning PS :), I'm fine thanks hun, accepted that perhaps I won't be able to catch up with all the gain from last week, could take another week, especially after Saturdays meal out, I didn't help myself. I'm not going to go on the scales today, that will only upset me, besides not a lot I can do in 24hours. Also the pf hasn't visited me, don't know who she's with :rolleyes:. Might need to go buy some prunes lol . Anyway I know your going to do super tomorrow, you've been good all week ! You mentioned your scales showed a 4.5 lbs loss that would be fabulous Stevie ! :D You really deserve a big number after the last few weeks which have been quite tough on you. I hope you have a smashing loss tomorrow hun ! :)

Kay xx

Morning Kay. Hope you are ok. I expect that yesterday it was just salt as everyone said.
I found I hit a but if a wall too, I have shake. Things up a bit, not with portion sizes though. I have changed to having around 10 syns rather than 15 and changed my heb to a speed one (2 ryvitas). Also bizarrely I have also given up drinking diet lemonade and that seems to have had the most impact?? I think because it was giving me sugar spikes and making me hungry through the day.
I decided to do this as I am willing to cut back a bit for this last half stone but I know it won't be long term as soon as I get to target I am upping syns and going back to a normal heb. I think it is personal what works for each. But maybe have a look and see if there is anywhere you could make a better choice.
Hope that helps.
Jen

Morning Jen :p, well done on all the fab changes you have made. I'm sure that's going to help you towards your next half stone. Going lower on syns is really good, I also find when I have diet drinks they make me more hungry, so try and stick to water. I agree about portion sizes too, I can never have unlimited free food, it always affects my losses. Switching the healthy ex's might work for you. I actually don't take my hex's everyday, more like every other day. I know SW say we must, but I take a lot of supplements for calcium for the a's and I have plenty of fibre in my diet already for the b's, so I tend not to take them for the sake of it and adding extra calories. I like using them on days when I'm still hungry after my meals then I might have some cheese on crackerbread for my hex's.

I will pop over to your diary for a good catch. I always love looking at your food pics :D, you whip up some yummy meals Jen. With all the changes your making, I'm sure you'll see a fab loss on Thursday hun ! :)

Kay xx

Morning Everyone :), hope your all doing well. Well one day left to weigh in and I'm not going to step on the scales. I was hoping to get my gain down from last week but looks like meal out has stopped that from happening. My only hope is the 2 days of having been on the soup challenge might help a little bit. I'm going to go down and fix myself some brekkie :eating: feeling really hungry this morning. Then going to go to gym for a good workout. The pf hasn't visited me for a while, don't know why my body is storing fibre ? Kathryn can I have the pf now if your're done with here ? Von, if she doesn't come, then jumping jacks it is ! :eek:

Hope your all having a lovely day ! :)

Kay xx

Morning bunny! Sorry i've been awol lately, am back and just catching up. so glad that you are leaving the scales alone, tomorrow is a new day, and you have been doing amazing, one little blip won't change that :) look at yourself through the eyes of those who love you!!
Hope that you have a lovely jubbly day :D xx

Hi Kay, sending you some magic from kent...
Fingers crossed for you tomorrow :cross:

Morning (well afternoon!) hun! Hope the pf comes a calling today. I had a visit this morning, typical for the day AFTER WI, grr! lol :rolleyes:

Hope the soup challenge is going well still. Are you making another soup today or still got lots of your yummy kale one left?

I've just nipped to the shops this morning to get lots of super free and settling down for an afternoon of revision - boo! Got my first every home made soup to look forward to for tea, can't wait! xx

Morning bunny! Sorry i've been awol lately, am back and just catching up. so glad that you are leaving the scales alone, tomorrow is a new day, and you have been doing amazing, one little blip won't change that :) look at yourself through the eyes of those who love you!!
Hope that you have a lovely jubbly day :D xx

Thanks Pixie :), that's very sweet of you. I hope your right, wouldn't be nice to go back to a gain. Hope your having a fab day hun !

Kay xx

Hi Kay, sending you some magic from kent...
Fingers crossed for you tomorrow :cross:

Thanks Bubbles, I just got your magic dust :vibes::p . Thanks for sending it express delivery from kent :D I really need it for tomorrow. Well done on your amazing 4lb loss hun, your doing so well .

Kay xx

Morning (well afternoon!) hun! Hope the pf comes a calling today. I had a visit this morning, typical for the day AFTER WI, grr! lol :rolleyes:

Hope the soup challenge is going well still. Are you making another soup today or still got lots of your yummy kale one left?

I've just nipped to the shops this morning to get lots of super free and settling down for an afternoon of revision - boo! Got my first every home made soup to look forward to for tea, can't wait! xx

Hello hello :p. How are you hun ? Lucky to have Monday off. Well done on stocking up on the superfree, that will help when you feel like snacking. Hope your revision is going well hun. Your soup sounds well yummy, wish I had a slow cooker or even a soup maker. I saw your timetable for gym this week, looks fab ! Bet your really gonna enjoy this week :).

Kay xx

Good morning Kay :) hope you have a lovely day :)

Hellooooooooo and congrats on your loss hun ! :p It feels so good to log onto mins and see all your friends losing, its so motivating. Well done Kathryn :). Now on a more serious note, are you done with keeping the pf hostage ? :D because she's not been here for a while, I really need her before tomorrow weigh in :rolleyes:.

Kay xx

Afternoon Ladies :p, I'm back from the gym and had a good workout, well my usual 500cals burnt and tried some running, I'll get there in the end ;) lol . I had a lovely breakfast this morning, omelette and toast, yummy yummy and then for lunch I've come back and had x2 bowls of my lovely kale soup. I'm on DAY 2 of the Soup Challenge and have drank 1L of water so far another 1L to go but can't drink anymore at the minute, my stomach feels like a swimming pool :eek:. I hope all this pays off tomorrow on the scales and I can see a STS and not a gain, that would be nice. How is everyone ?

Kay xx

Afternoon Ladies :p, I'm back from the gym and had a good workout, well my usual 500cals burnt and tried some running, I'll get there in the end ;) lol . I had a lovely breakfast this morning, omelette and toast, yummy yummy and then for lunch I've come back and had x2 bowls of my lovely kale soup. I'm on DAY 2 of the Soup Challenge and have drank 1L of water so far another 1L to go but can't drink anymore at the minute, my stomach feels like a swimming pool :eek:. I hope all this pays off tomorrow on the scales and I can see a STS and not a gain, that would be nice. How is everyone ?

Kay xx

Hi,

I'm sure all of your hard work will have paid off! You're doing fab and look how well the soup challenge worked for you last time! I've been thinking of what to make soup wise. And I'm thinking of doing a vegetable one with loads of different veggies (no potato) then maybe a brocolli one with onions, brocolli and a bit of cauliflower and then stirring in some quark at the end to make it a bit creamy!!!! I'll let you know how they turn out :D xxxxx

Hi,

I'm sure all of your hard work will have paid off! You're doing fab and look how well the soup challenge worked for you last time! I've been thinking of what to make soup wise. And I'm thinking of doing a vegetable one with loads of different veggies (no potato) then maybe a brocolli one with onions, brocolli and a bit of cauliflower and then stirring in some quark at the end to make it a bit creamy!!!! I'll let you know how they turn out :D xxxxx

Wow now that's an idea, that sounds yummy Kirsty ! :D Please share the recipe on the Soup thread if it comes out wowza !

Kay xx

Wow now that's an idea, that sounds yummy Kirsty ! :D Please share the recipe on the Soup thread if it comes out wowza !

Kay xx

Thank you! I know! I don't know why I've never thought of adding quark to soup before and will make it so creamy and yummy!!!!! I'm a genius if it works hehehe! :gimi: I will post both recipes and pics tonight on the soup thread! (provided they turn out ok!) xxxxx

Thank you! I know! I don't know why I've never thought of adding quark to soup before and will make it so creamy and yummy!!!!! I'm a genius if it works hehehe! :gimi: I will post both recipes and pics tonight on the soup thread! (provided they turn out ok!) xxxxx

Wow, well done, looking forward to it hun. How are you doing with the 2L of Water ?

Kay xx

Hello hello :p. How are you hun ? Lucky to have Monday off. Well done on stocking up on the superfree, that will help when you feel like snacking. Hope your revision is going well hun. Your soup sounds well yummy, wish I had a slow cooker or even a soup maker. I saw your timetable for gym this week, looks fab ! Bet your really gonna enjoy this week :). Kay xx

Thanks Hun, yeah it's gonna be a really good week hopefully. Looking forward to doing my first c25k run tomorrow!

You should def invest in a slow cooker, they are amazing, especially with all the soups you do!

How's your day going? It's lovely and sunny here so if it continues after tea I'm going to have a nice walk with chris.

Just finished my first litre of water, one more to go! Xx

Back