Kay's journey to health and happiness

Aww Kay sorry to hear that you're still in pain. Hope you're more comfortable soon. Big hugs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lovely to hear from you again :) I so sorry you are still in a lot of pain though :( Are they able to up your meds at all?

I think it is normal to be feeling the way you do after your op hun. Apart from pain, it can be frustrating not being able to do the little things that we all take for granted and having to rely on others can be difficult too. You have my sympathy. It will get easier for you though Kay! It just takes time xx

Sending you a big hug and well done you for standing your ground and getting your appt changed! Good old pmt eh? :D

Take it easy xxxxxxxxxxx

Afternoon Everyone :wavey:,

Thank you all for your lovely messages, I miss u all so much. I can't believe its a week today I had my operation :eek: time flys so quick. Unfortunately I am still in a lot of pain :(. I am trying to stay upbeat but with the pain its hard sometimes. I was supposed to have my consultation appointment in 4 weeks time. You won't believe it but they sent me a letter saying it will be in September :eek:, needless to say, I lost it and got on the phone, was finally put through to a manager (I felt sorry for him as I was on my TOTM and gave him all I got ! :copon:) to cut a long story short, he changed the date to next month for me. Hmmm amazing what a bit of PMT can do :p. You really have to kick a fuss to get things done sometimes, grrrrrrr ! :rolleyes:

Anyway I have been feeling down for other reasons too. I am really feeling lost not being on plan, I miss the focus and control. Not only that I miss the cooking hugely. Before SW my life was all about convenience food, ready meals and all processed crap. Since starting SW my love for fresh food and cooking meals from scratch has grown big time ! So much so that when I am allowed a week off, I find I can't eat crap for long, I miss my healthy food :(. I have no control on the shopping at the mo, my sister is doing it and she buys full fat stuff and everything is cooked in oil :rolleyes:, she doesn't like the taste otherwise. I can't say anything because she is taking care of me and I know its just for this month, it shouldn't be a big deal but don't know why I have become so self conscious when I put something unhealthy in my mouth, I can't help it .

Weight wise I know I have gained. I haven't stepped on the scales since last time I weighed and it showed a 3lb gain. I am expecting that to go up by the end of this month. I think I will be back to a 4 stone loss instead of 4.5 stone which I achieved before my Op :(. I don't think I will be able to join group in July, I still find it hard to sit up straight. I may end up needing July for rest too. I might just weigh from home for the month of July. I am hoping by the end of this month I will be walking and be able to do things for myself and my sister can go back.

I will try and pop in on mins a bit more this week if I can, I've got so much catching up to do with your diaries, I know you must all be doing smashing ! :D Hope you all have a lovely month of June :p, speak soon. Take care ;).

Kay xx

Lovely to hear from you honey - sorry you are still in pain xx

Thank you all for your lovely messages, I miss u all so much. I can't believe its a week today I had my operation :eek: time flys so quick. Unfortunately I am still in a lot of pain :(. I am trying to stay upbeat but with the pain its hard sometimes. I was supposed to have my consultation appointment in 4 weeks time. You won't believe it but they sent me a letter saying it will be in September :eek:, needless to say, I lost it and got on the phone, was finally put through to a manager (I felt sorry for him as I was on my TOTM and gave him all I got ! :copon:) to cut a long story short, he changed the date to next month for me. Hmmm amazing what a bit of PMT can do :p. You really have to kick a fuss to get things done sometimes, grrrrrrr ! :rolleyes:

Anyway I have been feeling down for other reasons too. I am really feeling lost not being on plan, I miss the focus and control. Not only that I miss the cooking hugely. Before SW my life was all about convenience food, ready meals and all processed crap. Since starting SW my love for fresh food and cooking meals from scratch has grown big time ! So much so that when I am allowed a week off, I find I can't eat crap for long, I miss my healthy food :(. I have no control on the shopping at the mo, my sister is doing it and she buys full fat stuff and everything is cooked in oil :rolleyes:, she doesn't like the taste otherwise. I can't say anything because she is taking care of me and I know its just for this month, it shouldn't be a big deal but don't know why I have become so self conscious when I put something unhealthy in my mouth, I can't help it .

Weight wise I know I have gained. I haven't stepped on the scales since last time I weighed and it showed a 3lb gain. I am expecting that to go up by the end of this month. I think I will be back to a 4 stone loss instead of 4.5 stone which I achieved before my Op :(. I don't think I will be able to join group in July, I still find it hard to sit up straight. I may end up needing July for rest too. I might just weigh from home for the month of July. I am hoping by the end of this month I will be walking and be able to do things for myself and my sister can go back.

I will try and pop in on mins a bit more this week if I can, I've got so much catching up to do with your diaries, I know you must all be doing smashing ! :D Hope you all have a lovely month of June :p, speak soon. Take care ;).

Kay xx

Hi - just popped in to say Hello - so a lovely surprise to see ur message - sorry to hear that ur in pain and had to go thro' all that hassle to change ur appointment. Try not to stress about ur food - your body needs full nutrition to recover and I hope ur enjoying some of the treats at least? When ur ready to cook for urself and start losing weight again - it'll fall off - you know it will!! Take care and I hope u'll be free of pain very soon :greenapple::zz::kitty::grouphugg::princess::flowers::553:

Hi Kay :) sorry to hear you're still in a lot of pain :( my hospital also seemed to think that an appointment in 2 months time (first one in May) would be in September! :eek: hope you're getting plenty of rest lovely xxx

Keep your chin up, you're doin great and don't worry about sw, it will still be here when you're better. Get that course booked :) xx

Nice to hear from you abut sorry to hear you are still in pain. Don't worry to much about food get yourself better first x

Kay xx

Lovely to see you posting again! So sorry you're in so much pain :( After I read your post it gave me the kick up the ass I needed to get myself to the gym. I wasn't going to go today but after seeing how much you want to get up and out of bed and back on with your life it made me realise how lucky I am to be able to do that. See, even when you're stuck in bed you're inspiring me! :)

Try not to worry about your weight, yep chances are you're going to gain, but you can't help it and I understand you not wanting to complain to your sis when she's helping you so much. If there's nothing you can do about it then you really shouldn't worry about it. Instead try and plan what you're going to do when you feel well, I know you're going to do amazingly as soon as you get back on plan.

Ooh, one thought is to ask your sis to pick you up some pre packaged salads while she's at the shops. I know Morrisons and ASDA do them. That way you'll be able to have something healthy and it wouldn't be loads of faffing around for her either as she could just pick them up on her normal shop.

Glad you managed to get your consultation brought forward, I don't blame you for going mad after all they've messed you around the last few months! Yey for PMT Kay! :p Would have loved to been a fly on the wall for that convo, hehe!

Look after yourself lovely, I've replied to your PM but once again it doesnt show in my sent items so I hope you've got it! xxx

Hi Hun can't believe I missed you again, been out all day , just got back, done loads of walking , got your on Hun , il sort it, xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nice to see you posting, what have you got for the pain?

would your sister make something like beans on toast, I know it's not a proper meal but it would be SW friendly, anyway at least she is looking after you & once you're up and about you can continue with your SW journey, really SW isn't as important as getting yourself better xx

Evening Kay - good to see you posting for a little while, I hope the pain starts to ease soon for you. Its easier said than done, but try not to fret too much about SW, your body needs food to heal so just go with the flow and with what sis is making for you. Its not ideal but you cant make any better of it for now hun, once your back on your feet you will smash it again ((big recovery hugs )) for you xxx

Morning Hun,
Scales up another 2lb
Totm is here this morning just going to plod on this week and focus all my energy onto next week ,

Morning Hun,
Scales up another 2lb
Totm is here this morning just going to plod on this week and focus all my energy onto next week ,

Boo to TOTM - just re-read ur stats - ur an inspiration - hope u can plod on this week - plodding's obviously suiting u v wellxxx

Popping in to wish u well and hope the pain is subsiding a little or at least the painkillers are doing their job? Take carexxx:party0038:

Good to see you posting again - hope the pain eases up soon and you can start to get back to normal. Until then concentrate on getting better as you will smash the weight loss when you are up and about again.

Missing you Kay! Hope you're getting lots of rest n feeling a little better. Big love xxx

Back