Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww thanks so much Kimberley, your so kind ;). I love doing it because I get so much inspiration to keep going on my journey from all my mins friends :p. I'm happy to say that I've only done 2 days on the challenge, so its not a proper reading next weeks weigh in will be, but today I lost 4.5lbs, I'm a very happy bunny indeed ! :bunnydance:

Kay xx

That is certainly impressive Kay! I'm hoping I can have just as good a loss over the week! Can't wait for Monday to arrive so I can weigh in!

That is certainly impressive Kay! I'm hoping I can have just as good a loss over the week! Can't wait for Monday to arrive so I can weigh in!

Thanks Emma :), I am very happy but next weeks weigh in will be more realistic for me on how the challenge has worked for me, I would have completed 7 days on the challenge by then. I'm sure your all going to do really well ! Your all working so hard on the challenge. Good luck for Day 3 tomorrow hun ! :p

Kay xx

Hi - well done to Kay for her great 4.5 loss today - let's hope the challenge will have a similar effect on our WIs too!

1. Tuesday 15 April
2. Day 5 - Soup Challenge
3. Red day
4. Water intake - 2.3L glug!
5. carbs in rustic oven chips - half a syn for 50g!! Sorry Kay!!
6. 65 mins walk
7. total syns = 2.5
8. Lettuce soup - onion, spring onions, lettuce, spinach, celery, garlic and sprinking of chilli powder

1. DATE: 15/4/14
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 2

3. PLAN: Green
4. WATER INTAKE: 3l
5. CARBS TODAY: 4 Crackerbreads
6. BODY MAGIC: Only managed 10 mins of leg exercises as I was on my feet all day doing cakes last night and didn't get finished till midnight :cry:
7. TOTAL SYNS: 10. 2 mini malteaser bunnies (so worth it!! Only the mini one's! & 3 munchies & a cheeky bit of buttercream)
8. SOUP: Spicy Vegetable (onion, celery, leeks, tomatoes, carrots, chilli flakes)

Hi Kay!

As much as I am loving my healthy soup, I think I am going to have to bow out of this challenge. I haven't managed my body magic and I'm finding it quite difficult to incorporate slimming world (and what little knowledge I have about it!) and calorie counting and I think it's having quite a negative effect on me. It's making me feel rubbish and guilty about what I'm eating etc and I can feel my willpower slowly draining and a massive binge coming on if I don't swap what I'm doing. I'm really sorry and hope you don't mind! However, it has encouraged me to start using more of my calories on fruit and healthy stuff rather than just saving it for chocolate. And I will definetely be making my soup a lot more rather than just having tinned ww soup. So thank you for changing my attitude towards food! (although chocolate will still be a big part of it! Hehe :17729:)

Really hope this is ok! And I'm still hopeful for a loss on Monday. :D xxxx

KMD You did two whole days and should be soo proud and impressed with yourself!!!
You know best, and for recognising that it's not working is great.
Whatsmore another time further down the line you might like to incoporate some of the principals again, or indeed try the challenge.

I say well done you!!!! xxxxx

1. DATE: 15/4/14
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 2

4. WATER INTAKE: 3l
5. CARBS TODAY: 4 Crackerbreads
6. BODY MAGIC: Only managed 10 mins of leg exercises as I was on my feet all day doing cakes last night and didn't get finished till midnight :cry:
7. TOTAL SYNS: 10. 2 mini malteaser bunnies (so worth it!! Only the mini one's! & 3 munchies & a cheeky bit of buttercream)
8. SOUP: Spicy Vegetable (onion, celery, leeks, tomatoes, carrots, chilli flakes)

Hi Kay!

As much as I am loving my healthy soup, I think I am going to have to bow out of this challenge. I haven't managed my body magic and I'm finding it quite difficult to incorporate slimming world (and what little knowledge I have about it!) and calorie counting and I think it's having quite a negative effect on me. It's making me feel rubbish and guilty about what I'm eating etc and I can feel my willpower slowly draining and a massive binge coming on if I don't swap what I'm doing. I'm really sorry and hope you don't mind! However, it has encouraged me to start using more of my calories on fruit and healthy stuff rather than just saving it for chocolate. And I will definetely be making my soup a lot more rather than just having tinned ww soup. So thank you for changing my attitude towards food! (although chocolate will still be a big part of it! Hehe :17729:)

Really hope this is ok! And I'm still hopeful for a loss on Monday. :D xxxx

Hey Hun :), I am aware that you have been feeling down since yesterday. The idea of the challenge is not just to lose weight, but its to make you feel happier and healthier within. I did mention at the start that this will be a tough challenge to follow. I know not everyone will be able to see it through for the whole 7 days and that's ok. I am 100% certain that the 2 days you have done, would have given your body a great health boost :p. I do not want you to carry on with something if its making you feel down. Those negative feelings that your fighting is natural when you have a blip on any plan not just on this challenge even on Calorie Counting. I can understand why mixing SW and CC together might have made it confusing for you. It's probably better if you return to CC which your more comfortable with ;). Also with your long working hours its hard to get the time to plan meals and exercise.

Anyway well done Kirsty for getting this far ! I still hope you have a fabby loss next week. Your doing amazing on drinking all that water ! Like you said, take away all the good stuff from this challenge that you liked and incorporate it into your daily routine, like the veggies, fruit, fibre, water, exercise and all of that stuff, and I'm sure the scales will tip in your favour on Monday ! :D Hope you have a fab week ahead. Good luck hun ! :)

Kay xx

KMD You did two whole days and should be soo proud and impressed with yourself!!!
You know best, and for recognising that it's not working is great.
Whatsmore another time further down the line you might like to incoporate some of the principals again, or indeed try the challenge.

I say well done you!!!! xxxxx

Hi kimberley,

Thank you so much, that is such a lovely post. I know. I just feel like if I carry on I will end up binging and ruining any good I have done. And I have felt so down in the dumps and not my usual happy self. Just having a bad week I think.

And yeah, definetely. I think if I did it again I could maybe incorporate it to work better for me on calorie counting. For example, rather than Syns i could do 1,000/1,200 cals a day for a week and then rather than syns I could have say an allowance of 200 calories for "syns"? Or something like that that may work well for me.

Thank you so much! :) xxx

Hey Hun :), I am aware that you have been feeling down since yesterday. The idea of the challenge is not just to lose weight, but its to make you feel happier and healthier within. I did mention at the start that this will be a tough challenge to follow. I know not everyone will be able to see it through for the whole 7 days and that's ok. I am 100% certain that the 2 days you have done, would have given your body a great health boost :p. I do not want you to carry on with something if its making you feel down. Those negative feelings that your fighting is natural when you have a blip on any plan not just on this challenge even on Calorie Counting. I can understand why mixing SW and CC together might have made it confusing for you. It's probably better if you return to CC which your more comfortable with ;). Also with your long working hours its hard to get the time to plan meals and exercise.

Anyway well done Kirsty for getting this far ! I still hope you have a fabby loss next week. Your doing amazing on drinking all that water ! Like you said, take away all the good stuff from this challenge that you liked and incorporate it into your daily routine, like the veggies, fruit, fibre, water, exercise and all of that stuff, and I'm sure the scales will tip in your favour on Monday ! :D Hope you have a fab week ahead. Good luck hun ! :)

Kay xx

Hi,

I know. I don't know what's wrong with me. I hate feeling like this! You know what it's like, one weekend off, one massive gain, one major downer going on! :( Yes, I think you're right. Thank you so much for understanding. I was worried about telling you as didn't want you to be disappointed in me :( Thank you for being so lovely and supportive. This site helps me so much!!!

Yes, me too or at least lose what I've gained. Keep getting on the scales and they're just going up but I haven't been to the toilet since sunday so it's not surprising really!!! And yes, the fruit and veggies and yummy homemade soup will definetely become a regular in my diet! Along with my daily dosage of choc hehe

Thank you so much!!!! xxxxx

Hi, I know. I don't know what's wrong with me. I hate feeling like this! You know what it's like, one weekend off, one massive gain, one major downer going on! :( Yes, I think you're right. Thank you so much for understanding. I was worried about telling you as didn't want you to be disappointed in me :( Thank you for being so lovely and supportive. This site helps me so much!!! Yes, me too or at least lose what I've gained. Keep getting on the scales and they're just going up but I haven't been to the toilet since sunday so it's not surprising really!!! And yes, the fruit and veggies and yummy homemade soup will definetely become a regular in my diet! Along with my daily dosage of choc hehe Thank you so much!!!! xxxxx

Hi Kirsty ,
Don't ever feel like anyone is going to be disappointed in you ,
It takes a special person to hold their hand up and say I'm struggling with this , it's not making me feel good / happy ,
You are doing amazing on your own plan so why mess with what works for you ,
Take care my lovely :)
Hugs xxxxx
Von xxxx:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Kirsty ,
Don't ever feel like anyone is going to be disappointed in you ,
It takes a special person to hold their hand up and say I'm struggling with this , it's not making me feel good / happy ,
You are doing amazing on your own plan so why mess with what works for you ,
Take care my lovely :)
Hugs xxxxx
Von xxxx:)

Thank you so much Von, I love your little posts throughout the day and they are really helping me carry on. Thank you for being such a lovely person :Dfingers crossed for a loss on monday. You are doing fab too and are a complete inspiration! xxxx

1. DATE 16/4/2914
2. DAY soup challenge day 4
3. PLAN green
4. WATER INTAKE 3.5L
5. CARBS none
6. BODY MAGIC 2.5 mile walk , 30 mins
6. SYNS none
7. SOUP celery and sweetcorn

This week is going fast can't believe tomorrow will be day 5,

Just about to tuck into my pizza topped chicken but thought I would update you on today:

1. DATE: 16/4/2014

2. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 3
3. PLAN: Red
4. WATER INTAKE: 2L
5. CARBS TODAY: None
6. BODY MAGIC: Spent forever walking around the hospital today so I would say at least an hour of solid walking!
7. TOTAL SYNS: 0
8. SOUP: Vegetable (the same I've been having all week!)

1. DATE: 16/04/2014
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 4
5. CARBS TODAY: x1 toast (heb) x1 McCain Small Jacket
6. BODY MAGIC: 500 cals at the gym
7. TOTAL SYNS: 3.5 (25g primula cheese & chives 2.5, olives, 0.5, McCain Jacket 0.5)
8. SOUP: Yellow Lentil Soup (onions, garlic, lentils, LS Stock, cumin, coriander, chilli, lemon juice, black pepper, mint)

IMG_0951.jpg

1. DATE 16/4/2914
2. DAY soup challenge day 4
3. PLAN green
4. WATER INTAKE 3.5L
5. CARBS none
6. BODY MAGIC 2.5 mile walk , 30 mins
6. SYNS none
7. SOUP celery and sweetcorn

This week is going fast can't believe tomorrow will be day 5,

Vonnie :p well done hun, your an angel :angel:you've had no syns all week ! Fab on the body magic and water too hun ! I agree this week is going super fast ! Bring on DAY 5 ! :D

Kay xx

Just about to tuck into my pizza topped chicken but thought I would update you on today:

1. DATE: 16/4/2014

3. PLAN: Red
5. CARBS TODAY: None
6. BODY MAGIC: Spent forever walking around the hospital today so I would say at least an hour of solid walking!
8. SOUP: Vegetable (the same I've been having all week!)

Well done Emma, congrats on a fab DAY 3 ! Your doing brill hun :p. Another no syn day, that's amazing ! Your pizza topped chicken sounds so yum ! Well done on all the water and the walking . Hope your enjoying your soup. I'm sure with all your hard work, you will see a great result next week ! :D

Kay xx

1. DATE: 16/4/14
3. PLAN: RED
4. WATER INTAKE: 2.5l
5. CARBS TODAY: 0
6. BODY MAGIC: 30 mins of couch to 5k
8. SOUP: cock-a-leekie

1. DATE: 16/4/14
3. PLAN: RED
4. WATER INTAKE: 2.5l
5. CARBS TODAY: 0
6. BODY MAGIC: 30 mins of couch to 5k
8. SOUP: cock-a-leekie

Hey Sophie :p, well done on completing DAY 3 of the challenge, your doing brill ! Hope your enjoying all the soup and feeling fit and healthy this week :D. Really hope you have a super duper loss next week hun for all the hard work your putting in ! :)

Kay xx

Thanks lovely! I am really enjoying it, thanks again for organising it all!

I do think it'll be more difficult over the long weekend as I focus much less on food at work than at home...

I'll just have to make a big big batch sip on it all day haha!

Well done to you to! You are doing brilliantly! Can't wait to see your result xx

Thanks Kay! Really feeling hungry tonight, so have snacked on some ham after dinner and now I think I might have my clementines I didn't manage to have earlier. Will have some green tea with it to try and fill me up! And if that doesn't work, I've got some eggs I could always boil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back