Kay's Way x A Fresh Start To A Healthier Me!

Food looks yummy as always. I struggle with salad for lunch in winter, I crave warm foods! My office is freezing too which doesn't help.

I'm sooo glad tomorrow is Friday! I've had a busy week too and I've been so tired after the Christmas break. Feels like I've had no time off at all!

I hear you re exercise, the scales definitely will catch up! Is the 30 day shred tough? What sort of things are in it? X

Food looks yummy as always. I struggle with salad for lunch in winter, I crave warm foods! My office is freezing too which doesn't help.

I'm sooo glad tomorrow is Friday! I've had a busy week too and I've been so tired after the Christmas break. Feels like I've had no time off at all!

I hear you re exercise, the scales definitely will catch up! Is the 30 day shred tough? What sort of things are in it? X

Do you know what, I'm usually the same with regards to the warm food in winter. I had been taking soups in to work but I was actually craving salad after Boxing Day... very strange! I'm not knocking it for now. I'll be having soup for a couple of lunches next week I think.

The first week back is always a struggle isn't it, having to get back into the work routine. Make sure you have some time to relax over the weekend :)

I hope they do, I tend to gain muscle quite quickly and I feel a bit bulky. I might call it a day with the 30 Day Shred and switch to interval training like Nell McAndrew before I join the gym in Feb. I want to do the C25k once I get back to the gym.

It's tough at first, it works on a 3-2-1 system: 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. With a warm up and cool down. The strength exercises tend to be squats, lunges and dumbell rows etc with weights. Cardio can be done within a small space such as to be star jumps, high knees, butt kicks, fake skipping on the spot (I don't know the name) and then various ab exercises.

KW x

Hello diary, happy Friday!

It's officially the weekend! I'm so excited for the weekend now... ridiculously nervous for weigh in tomorrow as I don't feel as though I've lost a thing.
I'm at a family party this evening, but I'm driving so I won't have to have account for alcohol syns. It will be slimline tonic all the way. I don't really eat buffet food either, so I'll be having early tea in about ten minutes before I go.

Here's today's food and my final SP day for a while:

Extra Easy SP

(S) = Speed (P) = Protein

Breakfast: Granola Berry Bowl
-
30g Special K Cranberry, Pumpkin Seed and Almond Granola (HExB)
- 1 x strawberry muller light Greek style yogurt (0.5 syns)
- Mixed berries: raspberries (S) , blackberries(S) , blackcurrants (S) , redcurrants (S) and strawberries (S)

Lunch: Ham Salad Sandwich and side salad
-
2 x slices bread from 400g Warburtons Wholemeal Loaf (HExB)
- lean ham (P)
- - mixed salad leaves (S) red onion (S) cherry tomatoes (S) peppers (S) and beetroot (S) cucumber (S)

Dinner: Zesty Lemon One Pan Chicken and Steamed Vegetables
- 1 x chicken breast (P)
-tinned tomatoes (S), capers (S), silverskin onions (S), spinach (S) carrots (S), mangetout(S), baby corn (S), lemon (S)
- Italian herbs

Other:
- 2 satsumas (S)
- 1 apple (S)
- 350ml skimmed milk (HExA)
- 1 x freddo (5 syns)

Healthy Extra A: 350ml skimmed milk
Healthy Extra B: 30g Special K Cranberry, Pumpkin Seed and Almond Granola, 2 x slices bread from 400g Warburtons Wholemeal Loaf
Daily Syns: 5.5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 58.5 / 105

Good morning diary, it's the weeeeekend!

It was my first weigh in this morning, I was feeling a little apprehensive stepping on to the scales today as I feel heavier. However I lost 4lbs! 4lbs off eating lots of lovely healthy foods! Amazing! I love Slimming World!

I'm just sat with a cup of tea planning my meals for the week ahead; although they won't be very exciting. I'm on a budget this week until pay day so it will be meat, fruit and vegetables with the Healthy Extras I have in the house already. I will probably be very low syn or no syn next week as I am out for a meal one evening and want to enjoy that using flexi syns.

I hope you all have a lovely Saturday. I will post my food diary later.

KW x

Good morning Sam - happy weekend to you too!

Thank you! The family party was great thanks, the beige buffet was easy to leave last night but I've never really been a fan of buffet food. It was the crisps and nuts on the table that were the hardest to resist.

I'm moving to a new office in work next week and we have all been asked to take an item of sharing food with us. I'm debating whether to make some roasted vegetable cous cous that is SW friendly or a fruit platter so that I can stay on track.... yikes! Have you got much planned for the weekend? xx

Congratulations on your loss! And well done for keeping away from buffet food, I love buffet food so would of found that a struggle!!

Good morning Sam - happy weekend to you too! Thank you! The family party was great thanks, the beige buffet was easy to leave last night but I've never really been a fan of buffet food. It was the crisps and nuts on the table that were the hardest to resist. I'm moving to a new office in work next week and we have all been asked to take an item of sharing food with us. I'm debating whether to make some roasted vegetable cous cous that is SW friendly or a fruit platter so that I can stay on track.... yikes! Have you got much planned for the weekend? xx

4lbs is amazing! Well done!

I've spent the whole morning making a meal plan and shopping list. I now need to do work unfortunately :( Planning on fitting the gym in as some point too. Tomorrow a bit of work again and hopefully go for a nice long walk if the weather clears. It's snowing here!

Eeek I would definitely take something SW friendly then you can eat that if there's nothing else! X

Back