Kay's Way x A Fresh Start To A Healthier Me!

KW_x

Hey there!

Thank you for taking the time to read my diary!

I confess... having found this forum (which is fabulous) a while ago when attempting to do SW from home, I have since been a bit of a board browser. So... I thought it was about time I joined in and started my own diary (...and get my serious SW head on again.)

I lost about 2 and a half stone with SW from home in the past and totally believe in the plan. However, I fell off the SW wagon! A new job and lots of changes at home resulted in a huge change to my routine and previous unhealthy habits crept back in. Add to that an enjoyable holiday, birthday and Christmas and BAM here I am, one stone heavier! That is where the excuses stop! I have never been more focused and determined to hit target and more importantly feel fit and healthy!

I was going to join a SW class this week, however my work takes me all over town and with the traffic and irregular hours I wouldn't always be able to get there on time! I have joined SW online so that I am armed with all of the latest information and ready to fight my flab! I have lots of cookbooks and magazines from when I last followed the plan too. I like to think of the Minis boards as my 'group' and I look forward to reading through other people's diaries for food inspiration and motivation. I will be doing lots of different fitness 'challenges' too in my quest for better overall health and well-being. Bring on the body magic!

Hopefully this diary will help to keep me on track to shift the weight, hit target and stay there.

So it's goodbye to yo-yo-ing and hello to living!

Right, let's go! Target... I'm coming for you! :)

KW x

I've decided to kick off my SW journey with the new Extra Easy SP plan. Hopefully, I'm doing it right. Any tips, advice or pointers are always welcome. I think it will take a few days to get my head around it all...

Extra Easy SP

(S) = Speed (P) = Protein

Brunch: Grill Up
-
strawberries (S)
-1 egg (P)
-1 Linda McCartney Red Onion and Rosemary Sausage (P)
-2 lean back bacon rashers(P)
-beans(P)
-mushrooms (S)
-tomatoes (S)

Snack:
- 2 x Alpen light (HExB)

Dinner: Cajun Turkey Burgers
- 1 x 60g wholemeal roll (HExB)
- 1 turkey breast (P)
- Lettuce (S), tomatoes(S), cucumber(S), onion(S), beetroot(S), peppers(S) , gherkins (S), coleslaw mix (S), 1tbsp Extra light mayo (1 syn)

Other:
- Apple (S)
- Mango Danio (1.5 syns)
- 350ml skimmed milk (HExA)
- Chocolate Horlicks Light (6 syns)

Healthy Extra A: 350ml skimmed milk
Healthy Extra B: 2 x Alpen light, 1 x 60g wholemeal roll

Daily Syns: 8.5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 8.5 / 105

KW x

Good morning diary!

So after 12 lovely days off work, it's back to the grind tomorrow. I'm feeling a little guilty as I've done no work at home over the festive period but holidays are holidays (...or so I've told myself!)

I work mainly in an office with some travel to attend meetings with schools, families, children and young people. I often don't have time to have breakfast before I leave, as I can't eat as soon as I wake up so I tend to have it an hour or so later in work. I usually make my own lunches to take in too. Luckily, we have a microwave so leftovers are sometimes a good option if I know I'm in the office the following day. To avoid the temptation of the nearby office AND the goodies brought in regularly by the 'Office Feeder' I know I will have to plan my meals ahead and stick to my planned meals so that I don't go off the rails.

I've just sat down with a cup of tea and planned my meals for the week ready to do the big shop. My body is craving healthy food!

Here's my food for the day.

Extra Easy SP

Breakfast: Scan Bran Sandwiches
-
5 Scandinavian oat bran crispbreads (HExB)
- 2 boiled eggs (P)
-4 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (HExA)
- melon (S)

Lunch: Warm Salmon Salad
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (P)
- green beans (S) mixed salad leaves (S) red onion (S) cherry tomatoes (S) peppers (S) and beetroot (S)
- dressing: 1 tbsp fat free vinaigrette, a squeeze on lemon juice, ½ tsp wholegrain mustard

Dinner: Turkey Stir Fry
- 1 turkey breast (P)
- broccoli (S) peppers (S) babycorn (S) mangetout (S) carrot ribbons (S) spring onions (S) garlic (S) ginger, 1 red chilli
- fry light, soy sauce

Other:
- Apple (S)
- Cherry Danio (1.5 syns)
- Muller light Greek Style Yogurt - Strawberry (0.5 syns)
- 1 x Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)
- milk (1.5 syns)

Healthy Extra A: 4 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles
Healthy Extra B: 5 Scandinavian oat bran crispbreads, 1 x Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 9.5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 18 / 105

Last edited:
Turkey burger looks yummy! I'll write that one down to try :)

Wow! I'm feeling so full this evening... I haven't even eaten all of my planned snacks yet. Rather than cook a turkey stir fry later on and it go to waste I will have my planned snacks for my tea and freeze the turkey for another night.

My food for today is now:

Extra Easy SP

Breakfast: Scan Bran Sandwiches
-
5 Scandinavian oat bran crispbreads (HExB)
- 2 boiled eggs (P)
-4 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (HExA)
- melon (S)

Lunch: Warm Salmon Salad
- 1 skinless salmon fillet (P)
- green beans (S) mixed salad leaves (S) red onion (S) cherry tomatoes (S) peppers (S) and beetroot (S)
- dressing: 1 tbsp fat free vinaigrette, a squeeze on lemon juice, ½ tsp wholegrain mustard

Dinner:
- Cherry Danio (1.5 syns)
- strawberries (S)
- 1 x Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)

Other:
- Apple (S)
- milk (1.5 syns)
-
1 x greek style strawberry mullerlight (0.5 syns)

Healthy Extra A: 4 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles
Healthy Extra B: 5 Scandinavian oat bran crispbreads, 1 x Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 9.5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 18/ 105

Good luck with your journey :) Loving the detailed food diary, it all sounds yummy!

I'm joining slimming world tonight. I lost almost 2 stone previously back in 2012 but have been well and truly off plan since then! X

Good luck with your journey :) Loving the detailed food diary, it all sounds yummy!

I'm joining slimming world tonight. I lost almost 2 stone previously back in 2012 but have been well and truly off plan since then! X

Hi Sam!

Thank you for reading my diary. I'm in the same position, lost some and then gained some back. Did you follow Extra Easy in 2012 or did you mix in some Red and Green days?
Good luck joining your group tonight - I'm sure you will pick up lots of great tips at group (and some yummy hi-fi bars... the rocky roads are to die for).

Do you have a diary on here? I'd love to hear how you are getting on xx

Good evening diary!

Today was the first trail of my 'meat free Mondays'. I am usually a huge meat eater, so fancied trying this for a few months to see how I get on. I thought it would be a good way to encourage myself to try new foods and get creative in the kitchen. Plus, I might learn to cook something more exciting for my Veggie friends. I've still managed to get my S and P foods in, however when I go to a combination of EE and EEsp days next week, I think my meat free days may be EE days so that I can have cous cous, potatoes, pasta and rice to get creative with too.

Anyway, it was back to work today after almost 2 weeks off for Christmas. It has been crazy! The usual 'half day post holiday email catch up' wasn't too bad and I feel good for having a productive first day back. I even avoided the copious cups of tea and biscuits, leftover Christmas cake and mountains of chocolate people have brought in to 'use up'. I had plenty of SW friendly food with me and to be honest, I wasn't even tempted.

Right, I'm off to do my 30 day shred workout before I have my tea. I'll be back on later to browse through some diaries and check out some meal inspiration for next week!

My 'Meat Free Monday Menu' for today is:

Extra Easy SP

Breakfast: Granola Berry Bowl
-
30g Special K Red Apple and Raisin Granola (HExB)
- 1 x strawberry muller light Greek style yogurt (0.5 syns)
- Mixed berries: raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants and strawberries (S)

Lunch: Spicy Lentil and Vegetable Chilli
- chickpeas, green lentils, red lentils (P)
- green beans (S) courgette (S) carrot (S) red pepper (S) peppers (S)
garlic (S) tinned plum tomatoes (S) and onion (S)
- paprika, cayenne chilli powder, oregano, vegetable oxo cube

Dinner: Roasted Pepper and Feta Wrap with Rainbow Salad
- 45g Feta cheese (HExA)
- 1 x BFree Wheat and Gluten Free Wrap (HExB)
-
8 olives in brine (1.5 syns)
-
mixed salad leaves (S) red onion (S) cherry tomatoes (S) peppers (S) and beetroot (S) cucumber (S) roasted red peppers (S)

Other:
- Apple (S)
- 1 x greek style strawberry mullerlight (0.5 syns)
-
1 x Special K Chewy Delight Dark Chocolate (4.5 syns)
- milk (1.5 syns)
- 1 x Cadbury’s Caramel Highlights Sachet (2 syns)

Healthy Extra A: 45g Feta cheese
Healthy Extra B: 30g Special K Red Apple and Raisin Granola, 1 x BFree Wheat and Gluten Free Wrap

Daily Syns: 10.5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 28.5/ 105

KW x

Last edited:
The soup sounds nice! What wraps do you use?

My 30 day shred is sat in the cupboard, hidden at the back! I got really in to it about 9 months ago when I was on a calorie diet, was doing it every day without fail and it worked, lost inches and my stomach got a lot flatter! I might start again soon actually!

The soup sounds nice! What wraps do you use? My 30 day shred is sat in the cupboard, hidden at the back! I got really in to it about 9 months ago when I was on a calorie diet, was doing it every day without fail and it worked, lost inches and my stomach got a lot flatter! I might start again soon actually!

I use the BFree wheat and gluten free multigrain wraps. You can find them in the free from aisle in ASDA xx

Oh wow! That makes me hopeful that I'll see a change in shape. I usually gain muscle tone quite quickly, so I hope it doesn't slow my losses. You should dig it and and share the shred aches ha! xx

Hi Sam! Thank you for reading my diary. I'm in the same position, lost some and then gained some back. Did you follow Extra Easy in 2012 or did you mix in some Red and Green days? Good luck joining your group tonight - I'm sure you will pick up lots of great tips at group (and some yummy hi-fi bars... the rocky roads are to die for). Do you have a diary on here? I'd love to hear how you are getting on xx

I just did extra easy - I'm going to follow extra easy again for now and when the weight loss slows I'm going to try the new sp plan :) I have a diary, if you go on my profile and find threads by user you'll find it x

I just did extra easy - I'm going to follow extra easy again for now and when the weight loss slows I'm going to try the new sp plan :) I have a diary, if you go on my profile and find threads by user you'll find it x

I've just subscribed to it!
I'm moving on to Extra Easy next week I think, then will probably have a few SP days a week and just use the full week of it as a boost.

KW x

Hello diary!

Second day of the working week done. It's also Day 3 of my Slimming World journey... I always find day 3 the toughest when getting on to a new plan. However, I've told myself I'm not on a diet, I'm changing my lifestyle. I don't feel deprived and today I can satisfy my sweet tooth within syns without the urge to faceplant a bowl of maltesers! :giggle:

Today has been soooo busy, I'm glad to be home! I really wanted to just eat my tea and have a soak tonight, but I made myself do my 30 day shred work out first and I actually feel much better for 'sweating' it out.

Today's food was another meat free day.... that's two done now. I think I will just be having meat free Monday's, I think I'll be dreaming of steak and chicken tonight - I really do like my meat.

I was going to make a tomato and lentil soup for my tea, but after doing my exercise I really couldn’t be bothered... lazy I know! So I’ve gone for something simple, comforting and on plan!

Today’s food diary:

Extra Easy SP

Breakfast: Granola Berry Bowl
-
30g Special K Red Apple and Raisin Granola (HExB)
- 1 x lemon muller light Greek style yogurt (0.5 syns)
- Mixed berries: raspberries(S) , blackberries(S) , blackcurrants(S) , redcurrants (S) and strawberries (S)

Lunch: Spicy Lentil and Vegetable Chilli
- chickpeas, green lentils, red lentils (P)
- green beans (S) courgette (S) carrot (S) red pepper (S) peppers (S)
garlic (S) tinned plum tomatoes (S) and onion (S)
- paprika, cayenne chilli powder, oregano, vegetable oxo cube

Dinner: Egg and Soldiers
- 2 x slices bread from 400g Warburtons Wholemeal Loaf (HExB)
- 2 x boiled eggs
- melon slices (S)

Other:
- Apple (S)
- 1 x greek style coconut mullerlight (0.5 syns)
-
350ml skimmed milk (HExA)
- 1 x options hazelnut highlights sachet (2 syns)
-
1 x cadbury’s little bars (5.5 syns)

Healthy Extra B: 30g Special K Red Apple and Raisin Granola, 2 x slices bread from 400g Warburtons Wholemeal Loaf
Daily Syns: 8.5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 37 / 105

How are you finding SP? I think it will make normal extra easy seem like a treat which is always good for a diet! X

I'm enjoying it so far, although I'm not sure I'm doing it completely right to be honest. It feels a little bit too good to be true.

I think I will probably do EE next week and then try another SP week just to get my head around it properly. Oh I agree with you about EE feeling like a treat - slimming world chips, sweet potato wedges and cous cous...come at me! xx

Good evening diary... happy hump day!

Another busy Wednesday! I managed to squeeze my shred in early this morning and work a little later as I was going out for a few drinks after work. I was driving, so stuck to slimline tonic - syn free and refreshing! I survived two meat free days and I swear to god my ham sandwich at lunch was probably the best ham sandwich I have ever tasted in my life haha! I'll be sticking to one planned meat free day in future I think.

2 days until the weekend...wahoo! Here's my food for the day:
Today’s food diary:

Extra Easy SP

Breakfast: Magic Porridge
-
35g Porridge oats (HExB)
- 1 x strawberry muller light Greek style yogurt (0.5 syns)
- Mixed berries: raspberries(S) , blackberries(S) , blackcurrants(S) , redcurrants (S) and strawberries (S)

Lunch: Ham Salad Sandwich and side salad
-
2 x slices bread from 400g Warburtons Wholemeal Loaf (HExB)
- lean ham (P)
- - mixed salad leaves (S) red onion (S) cherry tomatoes (S) peppers (S) and beetroot (S) cucumber (S)

Dinner: Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 x chicken breast (P)
- broccoli (S) peppers (S) babycorn (S) mangetout (S) carrot ribbons (S) spring onions (S) garlic (S) ginger, 1 red chilli
- fry light, soy sauce

Other:
- Apple (S)
- melon slices (S)
- 1 x Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (4.5 syns)
- 350ml skimmed milk (HExA)
- 1 x options hazelnut highlights sachet (2 syns)

Healthy Extra B: 35g Porridge oats, 2 x slices bread from 400g Warburtons Wholemeal Loaf
Daily Syns: 7.5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 44.5 / 105

Hi Kay,

Just popped in to say hi and love the food diary! I haven't given SP a go yet, may do next week or the week after - just got to get myself back on plan after a Christmas and NY off :eek:
I am with you, I love meat too but the idea of taking a day off from it to try new things sounds like a great idea!

In regards to the Magic porridge - may I ask how you do that? I notice no milk or water in there?

I will be subscribing to get some more food ideas from you - they all sound great!

Sarah xx

Hi Kay,

Just popped in to say hi and love the food diary! I haven't given SP a go yet, may do next week or the week after - just got to get myself back on plan after a Christmas and NY off :eek:
I am with you, I love meat too but the idea of taking a day off from it to try new things sounds like a great idea!

In regards to the Magic porridge - may I ask how you do that? I notice no milk or water in there?

I will be subscribing to get some more food ideas from you - they all sound great!

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah, thank you for subscribing!

I don't blame you for having Christmas and New Year off... tis the season and all that! How are you finding getting back on to plan?
I'm having an EE week from Saturday 10th and then going to try SP from 17th, so if you want an SP buddy let me know!

I've already decided on egg and chips for tea next meat free Monday haha!

Magic porridge is really easy to make, just mix your HExB porridge allowance with one muller light and leave it in the fridge overnight. The next morning it's ready to go... I usually add berries or banana on an EE day with mine.

Well done on your losses so far by the way - great consistent losses! xx

Hello diary!

One more day until the weekend! Yay!

What a busy week... the first one back always is. Although if the rest of the weeks go as quick as this one has I think 2015 is going to fly by. Lots going on and lots to look forward to :D

Today’s food wasn’t overly exciting but absolutely delicious. I’ve just completed Day 8 of the 30 Day Shred and I’m feeling quite heavy. I think it’s with doing the strength training. I’m anticipating a small loss or a maintain this week and I will see the numbers drop the week after. That’s how my body generally reacts to exercise. I’m not going to stress about it, after all this is a lifestyle change and I feel much better for the 6 days I have been on SW and upped the exercise. The scales will sort themselves out in due course (I hope....)

Anyhooo, my food for today is

Extra Easy SP

Breakfast: Ham, Mushroom, Pepper and Cheese Omelette
-
2 slices lean ham (P) 1 x egg (P)
- ¼ red pepper (S) mushrooms (S)
- 10g cheddar cheese (2 syns)

Lunch: ‘Fake’ Nando’s Chicken Salad
- 1 chicken breast (P)
- mixed salad leaves (S) red onion (S) cherry tomatoes (S) peppers (S) and beetroot (S) cucumber (S)
-
1 tbsp Nando’s Medium sauce (0.5 syns)

Dinner: Gammon and Egg
- 1 x Grilled Gammon Steak all visible fat removed (P)
- 1 x egg (P)
- mushrooms (S) , tomatoes (S)
- melon slices (S)

Other:
- 2 satsumas (S)
- 1 x alpen light (HExB)

-
350ml skimmed milk (HExA)
- 1 x cadbury’s little bars (5.5 syns)
1 x Special K Dark Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)

Healthy Extra B: 1 x alpen light, 1 x Special K Dark Chocolate Chewy Delight Daily Syns: 8.5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 53 / 105

Back