Kayte's Weight Loss Diary - Start Date 21.1.13

Hi Kayte, sorry to hear you're feeling bored, stressed and unmotivated - it happens to us all at some point.

You need to focus on finding some strategies which will help you cope with your trigger points. So, for example, I'm an evening snacker too - I know that I will want something sweet and snacky late at night, so I always save my HEB for evening time and have two alpen light choc 'n' orange bars, (or SW hifi bars, but I see you're not going to a group) often with a mullerlight lemon cheesecake or toffee variety.

That means I generally have just fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, which I've got used to, although I did struggle at first.

The other thing that strikes me from your diary is whether you are eating enough.

I had three weeks completely on plan where I thought I'd been brilliant - low syns, lots of superfree etc, but didn't lose (and in fact gained a pound one week!) - my consultant suggested I wasn't eating enough and not having enough syns. That week I upped my syns to an average of 9 a day and ate more - and lost 2lbs!

You do also seem to be relying on processed foods - I saw that you weren't keen on cooking, which doesn't help, but could you batch cook some syn-free chillis, bolognaises, curries etc at weekends? Then you can freeze them and eat healthily all week, keeping your syns for naughties!

Hope that's helpful. Good luck for this week! x

Thanks so much Spanx for your input and support - I appreciate that x
I have used my heb differently today, and managed ok with yog/banana at breakfast - means I have another snack to nibble in evening.
Think I am eating enough, this Mon sts was expected, as had 2 binges last week :( still, got back on track so far.
I have never really enjoyed cooking, but since starting in Feb, have tried to do as many home cooked meals as poss, trouble is I try recipes, and if they don't work out too well, get disheartened! I do big batches too, when I can.
Have saved all my 'naughties' for tonight lol, so think I'll be ok today.
Thanks again :)

Week 9 - Wed 20th March

A little voice told me to jump on the scales this morning ( I never weigh in between WI) so I obeyed lol, and delighted to see a loss of 1.2lb :clap: It is enough to re inspire me, and boost my spirits! I will now wait until WI next Monday.

Breakfast
Banana/muller
Lunch
SS Tom soup
Mullerlight
Supper
Home made chick/veg stew - carrots/swede/parsnip/onion/potato/chick stock cube
Hex A - 350ml s milk
Hex B - 2 Alpen lite
Snacks - grapes/satsuma/mullerlight
Syns
Freddo - 5
2 P/W - 5
SW Banana bread - 2.5 - omg, this is delicious! :drool:

Last edited:
Oh brilliant nice to hear you got your mojo back. Just takes a little kick up the jaxy to get you going again!! Have a fantastic week, keep planning and as Spanx said try to eat more, youll have fruit and veg coming out of your earholes lol x

Thanks so much Spanx for your input and support - I appreciate that x
I have used my heb differently today, and managed ok with yog/banana at breakfast - means I have another snack to nibble in evening.
Think I am eating enough, this Mon sts was expected, as had 2 binges last week :( still, got back on track so far.
I have never really enjoyed cooking, but since starting in Feb, have tried to do as many home cooked meals as poss, trouble is I try recipes, and if they don't work out too well, get disheartened! I do big batches too, when I can.
Have saved all my 'naughties' for tonight lol, so think I'll be ok today.
Thanks again :)

I do the same with recipes Kayte, now I look at it this way - I'll make it the first time to the recipe, eat it and decide what would make it better - then make it a second time and see if I was right!! It is really disappointing when you've cooked something that sounds delicious, but Just think, the same happens when you buy something you've seen in a supermarket, thinking it's going to be delicious - bung it in the oven and it tastes crap!

Glad to see your midweek sneaky peek paid off - hope you have a great rest of the week! x

I do the same with recipes Kayte, now I look at it this way - I'll make it the first time to the recipe, eat it and decide what would make it better - then make it a second time and see if I was right!! It is really disappointing when you've cooked something that sounds delicious, but Just think, the same happens when you buy something you've seen in a supermarket, thinking it's going to be delicious - bung it in the oven and it tastes crap!

Glad to see your midweek sneaky peek paid off - hope you have a great rest of the week! x

Thanks Spanx - Have a great weekend x

Hey kayte! How's you today?

Just had a look through your days plans and because you're not having any meat you could technically call it a green day and have another hex a and hex b...so add some cheese and some toast or more alpen lights in or something! Sorry for being nosy, just Didnt want you missing out on some goodies!! Xx

Reactions: CPL
Hey kayte! How's you today?

Just had a look through your days plans and because you're not having any meat you could technically call it a green day and have another hex a and hex b...so add some cheese and some toast or more alpen lights in or something! Sorry for being nosy, just Didnt want you missing out on some goodies!! Xx

Hi gingaling,
Thank you, not nosy at all!! I hadn't thought of that as know little about red/green days. Think its a great idea - so if I don't have meat, can have 2 hex a/b? Eat little meat, as was veggie for quite a while, but started eating poultry as a source of protein.
Hope you have had a fab weekend so far xx

Yep that's pretty much it...if you don't have meat or poultry or such like and stick to potato, rice, pasta, beans, quorn etc then you can have 2hex b's and 2 hex a's as its a green day!
There's probably a thread on here or a quick google will give you the proper details but that's the broad idea!
That's why I mainly stick to green or red days as I like having extra cheese or toast or something in addition to my daily milk and alpens!
Xxx

Yep that's pretty much it...if you don't have meat or poultry or such like and stick to potato, rice, pasta, beans, quorn etc then you can have 2hex b's and 2 hex a's as its a green day!
There's probably a thread on here or a quick google will give you the proper details but that's the broad idea!
That's why I mainly stick to green or red days as I like having extra cheese or toast or something in addition to my daily milk and alpens!
Xxx
Thanks again, when I have meat free in future, will make it a green day - 2 hex a and b Yay!

Week 10 - Mon 25th March

Weigh day, not brilliant - 1.2lb since last WI, but I had weighed this last Wed - had hoped it may have rounded up to the 2! Never mind :sigh:

Starting week 10 today, so have lost average 1lb a week, total 9.5lb - slow!

Breakfast
2 weetabix/water/banana
Lunch
SS Tom soup/muller light
Supper
Home made spag bol/brown pasta
Muller light
Hex A - 350ml s milk
Hex B - 2 weetabix
Snacks - apple/orange/grapes/
Syns
Fredddo - 5
3p/w - 7.5
Sw choc pud/muller - 2
Total - 14.5

:crazy: ooops - had a creme egg at about 10.30pm so went over my syns today! :crazy:

Last edited:
Back