kazz43's exercise diary

Kate54

Silver Member
hi all
hopefully this thread will motivate me to do more, i currently go to the gym and pool at weekends because of work and travelling during the week..I do walk a lot both at home and at work; i work as a medical receptionist which also involves lifting heavy bags of patients notes, which i am sure must burn off some calories!! we have a dog and he has to be taken for regular walkies too, which both of us enjoy:D
yesterday i did 52 lengths in the pool, today i did 5 miles/8k on cross trainer and then 4 miles/6km on the bike, no swimming today, will probably go tomorrow
what i'd like to do is go swimming after work but i need to push myself more, im out the house 5 days a week, at 6 30 and i dont get in until after 6 in the evening so i'm really tired when i get in but i am sure i could push myself into at least 1 or 2 swimming sessions during the week, even if its only half an hour
what does everyone else do?

Wow! You did all that in a day! That is very impressive. I keep trying to motivate myself to get on my cross trainer but for some reason its lost its appeal at the moment.

How is your exercise plan coming along at the moment?

have been too tired this week after work to go to gym or swimming:( not good enough really but i'm just sooo tired by the time i get home, im out the house at 6 30 and dont get in till after 6, five days a week, the last thing i want to do is hit the gym!
i am up and down a lot during the day, depending on how busy i am and i lug a lot of heavy bags, must dispel a few calories in there somewhere!

I know exactly how you feel i leave the house at exactly the same time as you do everyday and get back between 6pm and 7pm depending on the traffic home. It's very frustrating, i love walking but just don't feel like going out by the time i get back. I do have a copy of the 30 Day Shred and might it try it again as its only a 20 odd minute workout. It's quite tough mind and i'm a complete wuss! Plus i found a really short beginners Kettlebell online that i'm doing as well.

Check out youtube and see if you can find something quick and easy for those days you don't feel you have the energy to go out. Good luck

thanks sarah, i feel like i'm making excuses all the time, i do a lot of walking and yesterday at work i had a good workout organising the notes for the clinics in my outpatients dept, lots of bending, lifting and twisting, must be whittling off inches somewhere!:D
i might get my mini trampoline/rebounder out today and have a bounce on that too!
i'm on a week's hols now so i can get plenty of swim/gym time in too and some gardening..:D

right, i've downloaded two apps for my phone, got gardening to do today, will make time to do a couple of workouts or go for a swim, one or the other
must look for my 30 day shred dvd!

Morning enjoy your gardening x

Hi kazz wow u bin busy, I need to get bk exercising I used to walk 6 mile every night after working a 9 1/2 to 10 hour day and on days off it ranged between 12 - 15 miles, but got out of the habit of doing it, this was end of last year so dark nights freezing cold and getting rained on, ,
My day has been great feeling motivated and focused ,
Oh kazz try the magic porridge it's lovely , x

Hi kazz wow u bin busy, I need to get bk exercising I used to walk 6 mile every night after working a 9 1/2 to 10 hour day and on days off it ranged between 12 - 15 miles, but got out of the habit of doing it, this was end of last year so dark nights freezing cold and getting rained on, ,
My day has been great feeling motivated and focused ,
Oh kazz try the magic porridge it's lovely , x

wow thats amazing mariavon, well i'm going swimming tomorrow, i do walk a lot as well:)

I'm hoping to go to Zumba on Wednesday , I hav never been to any kind of exercise class and it scaring me to death , but I'm sure it's just making the move once I'm there and done the first class it will be ok, but I will be going on my own eek!!! I'm also going to go on the step machine and bike at home,

I'm hoping to go to Zumba on Wednesday , I hav never been to any kind of exercise class and it scaring me to death , but I'm sure it's just making the move once I'm there and done the first class it will be ok, but I will be going on my own eek!!! I'm also going to go on the step machine and bike at home,

i've never been to zumba but i hear it's really good as well as being great fun; i'm not one for classes to be honest, but i did go to a spin class when i used to work part time which i actually did enjoy but it killed my legs, i couldnt walk for 2 days!! lol! i think they stlll do the class, i might see what days and times they run it, it's a fantastic workout!

hope you enjoy zumba!:D

kazz43 said:
i've never been to zumba but i hear it's really good as well as being great fun; i'm not one for classes to be honest, but i did go to a spin class when i used to work part time which i actually did enjoy but it killed my legs, i couldnt walk for 2 days!! lol! i think they stlll do the class, i might see what days and times they run it, it's a fantastic workout!

hope you enjoy zumba!:D

I've never been in an exercise class either but I really want to try it , I just hope I don't bottle it and wimp out

kazz43 said:
5 mile walk today and 40 lengths in the swimming pool:D lovely:D

Well done on the exercise front you've done great, I like swimming but I haven't got the bottle to go yet ,

went swimming again yesterday, 55 lengths, went to the 'earlybird' session at 730, it was really busy! but it was really good and i love swimming, it gives me so much energy, having said that i was ready for bed last night lol:D so 95 lengths so far this week in the pool;
doing loads of gardening today, it's going to be a lovely day, so mowing the lawn and doing lots of tidying:D

Wow your doing brilliant . Have a super day xx

thanks, i mowed the lawn for the first time ever [we used to have a lady that did it but she's become too expensive!] which took me 1.5 hours, walked the dog and im going on x trainer later:D

how's your day going?:)

didn't go on x trainer but i did do another half hour in the garden, digging, hoeing and watering and then walked the dog:D
swim tomorrow:D

Back