Kazz's free dress diary! The new mission is to fit into the suitcase...

kazz

Gold Member
Well I have decided I need to start a diary as my motivation is already flagging!!

Basic story is I am 27 (28 this week) and have about 7 stone to lose....and thats for starters as that would reach the high end of my healthy weight range.

I did cd before and lost 3 stone quite successfully but have spent the last 2 years battling in my head against the horrific habits I got into, like being afraid to eat real food, and weighed myself daily. Saw the scales creep up and yet felt powerless to do anything about it, because all I could think of was there is no point doing any diet other than a vlcd as nothing will work, so inevitably nothing did work and now I am at my highest weight ever.

Over Christmas I made the decision to rejoin ww, and while at home with my family emailed ww to find my local meetings. Meanwhile, I guess my mum could see how unhappy I am at the moment, and also how much weight I have put on, and has put a challenge to me, which my sister has since joined. Basically the challenge is whoever loses most weight wins, and the others have to give the winner 50 quid, not a lot, but 2 x50 is enough to buy a nice new outfit and shoes!! As an added incentive, my dad said he would pay for my daughters communion gear (which has come to near 600 quid) if I win, BIG incentive!

So I went on my merry way to ww on Jan 7th and weighed in at 17st 3lb, humongous!! Lost 5lb my first week (beat my mum by 1lb) and have been on and off all week with regards to tracking points and I know that I need to in order to make this work.

I joined a gym yesterday, its 30 a month that I cant really afford, so I better make sure I use it (I find it easier to go to the gym than exercise off my own back!) so I have my induction there on Tuesday.

My weigh day is a Wednesday, and this competition with my mum and sister ends on April 29th so I need to get my arse in gear!!

Have been typing this with my bowl of porridge (3 points) so at least I havent given up the tracking completely!

Last edited:
welcome karen, thats a really good incentivethere that your mum has given you, hope you do really well--hope you win in fact.
you'll find that everyone on here is really friendly and helpfull. there is loads of info and advice to help you to be had on this sight. If you have a question, someone will have an answer
you really touched a note with me when you discribed felling helpless as the scales crept up. I have been there but just wanted to say there is hope:)

Hey gorgeous girlie... ya know what I could have written that post well apart from the bet bit lol

I have been a bit iffy with points this week but I am trying to convince myself I am easing my way in :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I think me and you need to grab this by the scruff of the neck chick and head down and do it. We want it soooo bad but are scuppering (sp??) our chances by not bloody counting points and just ignoring the fact we need to do it PROPERLY!!!

That was more giving out to myself than you lol

I am out tonight but am going to watch points all day but from tomorrow I am grabbing it by the neck properly... what ya reckon... you in or what??

We both have WI on wednesday and we are both in the gym and we both have LOADS to lose lol

Tis great to have ya back chick... hasn't been the same without ya :D:D

xxxxxxx

welcome karen, thats a really good incentivethere that your mum has given you, hope you do really well--hope you win in fact.
you'll find that everyone on here is really friendly and helpfull. there is loads of info and advice to help you to be had on this sight. If you have a question, someone will have an answer
you really touched a note with me when you discribed felling helpless as the scales crept up. I have been there but just wanted to say there is hope:)

my wi is weds too, and a couple of other newbies too, want to start a wednesday club:)

Thanks, hard to believe but I have been a member of minis for about 2 and a half years!! The scales thing is horrible, I hate them, I really do, but it just messes your head up something rotten,

Wednesday club sounds like a good idea! Where can we put it???

Hey gorgeous girlie... ya know what I could have written that post well apart from the bet bit lol

I have been a bit iffy with points this week but I am trying to convince myself I am easing my way in :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I think me and you need to grab this by the scruff of the neck chick and head down and do it. We want it soooo bad but are scuppering (sp??) our chances by not bloody counting points and just ignoring the fact we need to do it PROPERLY!!!

That was more giving out to myself than you lol

I am out tonight but am going to watch points all day but from tomorrow I am grabbing it by the neck properly... what ya reckon... you in or what??

We both have WI on wednesday and we are both in the gym and we both have LOADS to lose lol

Tis great to have ya back chick... hasn't been the same without ya :D:D

xxxxxxx

Defo luv, we need to just sort this once and for all! I have sooo many things comin up this year, I mean, I have Spain in Feb, Dublin in April, Communion in May, Wedding & Vegas in September, I just need to sort it out. We are aiming for the same thing so yes we NEED to do it! Give out to me all ye like....might give me some motivation!

I actually feel like I achieved something, even though I deviated from the plan yesterday, we were at McD's and normally would have a meal, but just had a cheeseburger, not a massive achievement, but at least I saved the points on the fries! Then last night bf poured me a glass of wine, that I didnt want at all, but instead of drinking it, I had a couple of sips and just left it, previously I would have drank it anyway and then had more. Normally, we would be lazy on a sat night and just throw pizza and curly fries (omg, the points in the curly fries is sickening!) in the oven, but last night I had a ww lasagne and loads of salad and bns chips. Even in the shops yesterday I was paying attention to what I was buying and watching the sat fat in it and he was getting annoyed cos it was taking so long lol. Had a few minature heroes last night as well, but I enjoyed every one of them, instead of just scoffing them, so my habits and attitude is changing.

I just hate feeling like this, hate feeling like I have no control and I wish to god I had never ever ever ever heard of a vlcd and had never done cd cos although it may have its place with some people, I have spent 2 years trying to get over it and ending up in a worse situation than I was to begin with!

Defo in girl, just had a skinny cow ice cream sandwich...not quite the same as an iceberger but at 2 points it filled a hole! I made a big pot of 0 point soup last night as well so will be making that regularly again.

WW is sooooo simple, the concept is easy, the rules are simple, we just need to play to win now!

Hey Kazz.... you have a great attitude girl... so motivating-your brill :) I am also a wednesday weigh-in person!!! First week and had a great loss....doing well but then went out for a meal last night and blown the pop!!! Boo.... :cry: and now its only 3 days until weigh day!! :gen157:

Hey Kazz.... you have a great attitude girl... so motivating-your brill :) I am also a wednesday weigh-in person!!! First week and had a great loss....doing well but then went out for a meal last night and blown the pop!!! Boo.... :cry: and now its only 3 days until weigh day!! :gen157:

Thanks, hopefully I motivate myself now as well!

I think we need to remember that if we f*ck up 1 day that it doesnt need to spiral out of control, tomorrow is a new day and should be started like that.

I'm sure you can save some points over the next couple of days to go towards what you 'spent' last night, and drink lots of water!!

I am sooo upping my water intake!! Except on wednesday, water weighs too much:8855:

Make sure you join a team too.

And good luck with the journey. There are loads of inspiring people on here that really help when it gets tough.

Hey, good luck! :) I wish I had a big money incentive like that, hehe. Making the diary was a good idea, the support you get from it is invaluable! Jen started at 17 2, so close to what you are now, and she's lost 3 stone aleady! :) You can do it too x

Make sure you join a team too.

And good luck with the journey. There are loads of inspiring people on here that really help when it gets tough.

Thanks, I have posted on a thread to join a team.

Hey, good luck! :) I wish I had a big money incentive like that, hehe. Making the diary was a good idea, the support you get from it is invaluable! Jen started at 17 2, so close to what you are now, and she's lost 3 stone aleady! :) You can do it too x

Thanks I noticed Jens loss, very impressed, if I can be 3 stone down in 4 months I will be very happy!

Eh who's wedding in september???????????????????????????????

Didnt I tell ye....my mate ye idiot!! Hardly mine, told ye I said no straight out to getting married in Vegas!

Didnt I tell ye....my mate ye idiot!! Hardly mine, told ye I said no straight out to getting married in Vegas!

No ya bloody didn't tell me lol For a second there I thought I missed something... heaven forbid eh lol

So today I am feeling pretty crap, think I may have conjunctivitis in one eye and am feeling sorry for myself, made worse by the fact that I cant get a doctors appointment until tomorrow afternoon.

Anyway, had a bowl of porridge this morning and am starting to feel peckish but I know thats just cos I am home today and not at work, not actual hunger just boredom!

Did 10 mins on my exercise bike this morning and tried to change my gym induction to today, but no joy so will still have that tomorrow evening. Might do some more time on the bike later on but the saddle hurts!

So today I am feeling pretty crap, think I may have conjunctivitis in one eye and am feeling sorry for myself, made worse by the fact that I cant get a doctors appointment until tomorrow afternoon.

Anyway, had a bowl of porridge this morning and am starting to feel peckish but I know thats just cos I am home today and not at work, not actual hunger just boredom!

Did 10 mins on my exercise bike this morning and tried to change my gym induction to today, but no joy so will still have that tomorrow evening. Might do some more time on the bike later on but the saddle hurts!

Awww chick hope ur eye gets better soon.

Did you make the zero point soup?? cos you can snack on that all day looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg if ya need to!!!

xxxxxxxx

Awww chick hope ur eye gets better soon.

Did you make the zero point soup?? cos you can snack on that all day looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg if ya need to!!!

xxxxxxxx

Yeah I made some yesterday, whatever I did to it, its absolutely gorgeous and I love it, I am trying to save it cos I am not sure I can repeat the fab taste in it...may have to get some in a while.

Hows the head?!

Hiya

Im another newbie,started same day as you i think!

I see you re another wednesday weighin - think we need a wonderful wednesday weigh in club !!

Good luck - you can do it

Donna x

Yeah I made some yesterday, whatever I did to it, its absolutely gorgeous and I love it, I am trying to save it cos I am not sure I can repeat the fab taste in it...may have to get some in a while.

Hows the head?!

Head grand just a bit tired... just had a sausie sambo (pointed of course) and gonna do a bit of tidying up in a while.

My food plan for the day is fruit, yoghurt, zero point soup and stir fry for dins... yum yum - need to pull something back for Wednesday WI lol

Well yesterday didnt go very well, I 'forgot' ok ok I didnt really bother counting points.

In all I did about 40 mins on my exercise bike and drank a good bit of water so not too bad, for dinner I had lots of veg, bns mash instead of proper mash and some roast chicken with no skin, and a couple of roasties.

Add that to the crumpets I had....and the 2 half point yogurts ....and the meringue nest (crushed into the yogurts one toffee, one vanilla, highly recommend!) oh and my daughter had to make desert, which was a skinny cow ice cream sandwich (tiny oh so tiny!) and a sliver of ice cream roll. My bloke wanted to give me wine but I had to draw the line!

So far today have had:
porridge 3pts
soup 0 pts
sandwich 3 pts
ww caramel bar 1.5 pts

also earned myself 1 point on my exercise bike and am off to the gym for my induction in a bit so I suppose thats good. Am drinking lots of water as well, but to be honest am not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow as I know it will be a disaster and its all my own fault for my dont care attitude all week!

Back