KD Rambles, including Grandwitch thing

:eek: OMG Karion!!!! That is well spooky!!!! :eek:

"Tales of The Unexpected"

Brilliant story and very much loved every minute of the way you told it as I was waiting in suspense the whole time for the next instalment!

Well done...more please:)

Love Mini xxx

Wow trio,
that has made me go all shivvery....

What ever happened to Grandma??

Well Granwitch lived a couple more years and then died in hospital...quite unexpectedly.

I can still imagine her on that 12th October laying in bed willing herself to die.

"Die, Die!!"...checks clock and calandar
"Come on ....die body" checks again. Talks to tother world...gets no answer...lays on bed again :D

Wow trio,
that has made me go all shivvery....

What ever happened to Grandma??

Well, I was going to finish here for I did not wish to upset members with a more delicate constitution, but no, I think I’ll dare to tell you the next bit.

When Grandmother did die, she was cremated. My elder teenage brother had the job of accompanying my Mother in the car to sprinkle the ashes in the sea as she requested. My Mother stayed in the car, still terrified that these ashes would recreate themselves, but my brother was more than happy to do the job ;)

It was a windy day and just as he went to 'sprinkle' a gust of wind came up, changing direction leaving my brother white, covered in my Grandmother's ashes. He returned to the car where my Mother was, but she refused to let him in.

I'm told she said "Don't think for one moment you're bringing Grandma back home", and she drove off. He had to walk to a friends house and get changed. Their Mother washed his clothes and my Grandmother was washed away.

I still think of her every time I have to unblock the drain :D

PMSL well at least she'd have eventually ended up back at sea hahahaha

Actually, I want to be cremated and then have my ashes sprinkled at sea. In the place I spent my childhood hols, my honeymoon and more than one 'weekend' with hubby :rolleyes: :D

Karion

As every has said you write terrifically!! I'm just glad though that i've only just read this this morning from start to finish - if you'd kept me dangling in suspense like you did with the others i'd have gone crazy!! haha

Well done you... It's great that you can look back at your not so fantastic childhood and see it in a funny and endearing way!

K xx

Excellent Excellent read

Terrific writing and am also glad I waited till now to read it - The suspense would have killed me. !!!!!!!

Really pleased that it didn't bore you to death :)

It was fun to relate to such an appreciate audience:cool:

ooooh Trio,
we were very appreciative, as you could see from our requests for the next installments! :)

I reread it in full, and either read it so fast the first time or just forgot, that she said ' you will find out one day'...

Any more stories of Grandwich for us, only thing please don't do them in installments lol:D

I have other memories of my life with the [strike]old hag[/strike], [strike]wicked[/strike], sweet old lady. Doing it in installments [strike]was so much fun[/strike], [strike]great to watch you suffer[/strike], needed because of time restraints;)

I don’t think that anything will top my Grandmother story, but I was reminiscing with a student’s parent this evening and thought you might like to hear this one. Sorry, no cliff hangers here, but I will still split it as I’m sure it will be embarrassingly long in one go.:eek:

First I need to tell you a bit about the environment I lived in until I was 6.

We were lucky enough to get a 2 up 1 down council house a few days before I was born. My brothers were promptly taken out of care and the keys handed over. We really needed an oven and some chairs, but my Grandmother delivered a piano and Mother delivered me.

It was a pretty pleasant community, full of rough and ready diamonds with everyone helping each other out and kids playing in the streets. There was violence and abuse in many of the households, but it was behind closed doors, so it wasn’t considered important. After all, wasn’t that what childhood was all about?

Nobody wanted to come to our community and there was no need for us to leave it. After all, the school was only down the road opposite the shopping parade and there were buses for emergencies like doctors (which you never visited unless you were close to dying)

Twice a week the horse and cart would come down the street. His owner didn’t have a proper name, just ‘the Rag and Bone’ man. He would call out “any ol’ iron” or “rag and bone”. Why he came down our way is a mystery to me. We never bought anything new and used everything until it was dust. Surely we didn’t buy things off this man?

I could never make this out. Why not call “come and see my horse”, which is all we all ever did. To be honest, I was terrified of his horse, but was swept away with everyone else’s excitement.:D

Oh Goody!!!!!!!!

I lurve your stories!!!!!!!

Hurry up with the next bit! lol - pretty puh-lease!!!

ps - calling out 'come and see my horse'!!!!!!!!!

You should write for the tellybox - that made me giggle (and after the day I've had, that's no mean feat, babes!!!!)

Then we had the Knife Man, again with his horse and cart calling “Knives to sharpen”, or so I’m told. For years I thought he said “Niiissshha”:eek:

Another two men who came down the road in their motorised vehicles were the Bread Man and the Milk Man. The Bread Man sold bread…namely Mothers Pride. Nope, no croissants :D Not even a cake or a smartprice loaf. It was Mothers Pride white sliced or nothing.

The milkman sold milk and cream. Not skimmed, semiskimmed, goats or camel milk. Just milk with a silver top. You left your empty bottles outside with a piece of paper sticking out saying “3 pints today please”. They arrived very early in the morning (usually about 5:00am). We thought this was because most of us would hitch a lift by running and jumping on the cart while it was moving. At 5:00am these men were safe.

Then there was the paraffin man selling Esso Blue. (later the Pink Paraffin Man), selling pink paraffin. We kept this huge barrel just outside the back door. It had a tap for decanting the paraffin into the can for using on the ….you guessed it…the paraffin heater. Had some very close accidents with that!

On Tuesdays was the Coal Man. Always wearing a black beret and a thick, leather waistcoat. He would come to the door and ask how many sacks were needed, then go back and pick them up one sack at a time, carried on his back. Must have been a killer.

The coal was dispensed straight down a chute into the coal shed where I spent much time in penance. My nightmare was that I would be in that shed when he was due and I would be buried. I was always well behaved on Tuesdays ;)

Lastly was the Ice Cream Man. His visit always left me with many questions. Okay, I could accept that when he played his little tune down the road, it meant that he had run out of ice creams. Everyone knew that.

So why did ‘Julie Up The Road’ always manage to get one? It was another mystery for all my friends in the neighbourhood. I used to ask my parents how the Ice Cream Man used to always find one for her, but they were at a loss too. I know….they used to say “no idea…now please get back out to play”.

Oh Goody!!!!!!!!

I lurve your stories!!!!!!!

Hurry up with the next bit! lol - pretty puh-lease!!!

ps - calling out 'come and see my horse'!!!!!!!!!

You should write for the tellybox - that made me giggle (and after the day I've had, that's no mean feat, babes!!!!)

LOL Issy. Always have this fear that of boring people to death watching my posts gradually moving down the line :eek::D

I like to ramble though, so if nobody reads it, at least typing it has kept my hands out of the biscuit tin :D

Back