KD Rambles, including Grandwitch thing

I'm loving your work too!
Isobel directed me here before.
It's very rare I think to see writing that's able to be both funny and poignant at the same time (and full of such beautifully mad detail).
I run writing workshops- and would be telling you to write a book too if you were in one of them!

Karion/Trio, I always knew you were a very intelligent woman from your postings, but this is something else! It's amazing, gripping stuff. Just wanted to say thank you!

I'm reading too! And enjoying! Awaiting the next installment.....

I'm loving your work too!
Isobel directed me here before.
It's very rare I think to see writing that's able to be both funny and poignant at the same time (and full of such beautifully mad detail).
I run writing workshops- and would be telling you to write a book too if you were in one of them!

When are we going to hear from you KateF:confused: :rolleyes:

woooooooo stories!! I'm here!!! My dad had a belt for aaaaages (he's a primary school teacher) and he only just recently sold it on ebay...for ........£120!!!! holy crap!! the guy who bought it didn't want it sent to his home address, but some other house....wonder what he'll be using it for?? I shall not think.....:rolleyes:

Definitely more than two peeps in your audience, we're all loving it just don't like to post in case I interrupt your flow!!!! Keep it coming but reckon you should get it copyrighted cos think it will be in the bestsellers one day!

I agree totally......I read, just don't want to interrupt the flow as well sometimes...xxx:)

I was going to leave this thread for my reminiscences but I have to tell you about something that happened this evening and here seems a good place. I need to share this and know you people will understand.

This really is so shocking! It’s like your worst nightmare….that dream that you hope will never become reality.

I ran out of Curly Wurly’s. :eek:

I know. Nothing can prepare us for these times. We have to manage. We've all read the self help books, heard of these things happening to other people, but it's not until you experience it yourself that you really realise how dreadful it feels.

People will ask ‘how did we cope’, how ‘they wouldn’t be able to manage’, but we know we just have to do what we can. My heart was aching though, I have to confess.:eek:

My Curly Wurly time is an important part of my day. DH goes to work. Eldest son is usually still at work or playing his guitar in the next room. Youngest son goes to bed, and then at 10:00pm it’s time for me and Curly to cuddle up on the sofa with a huge cup of coffee and a bit of peace, just to chat to each other…to talk through the hassles of the day. Having someone to listen to me is such a comfort and as soon as I tear off that wrapper, he’s there ready and waiting for me.

Tonight though I realised that I had run out of Curly’s. I had forgotten to buy my pack of them on shopping day:eek: I had eaten the last one yesterday, and not realised that this was the end.

At first there was a feeling of panic. What was I to do? Could I indeed relax without him by my side? I felt torn apart…empty.....

I decided that I just wasn’t strong enough to be alone yet. Okay, I have come on in leaps and bounds abandoning many foods that I thought were friends, but Curly is just a modest 117 cals. He asks so little, yet gives so much. My little treat, my treasure, my all.

I had to get another. It’s too soon to go it alone. There was no alternative

So I donned my coat and started the trek to the shops. I bump into Mrs McX from a few doors away. (Okay…she’s from Scotland really :rolleyes: ) She’s walking her dog, and tells me that she feels bad. She has a cold, didn’t want to go out and the damn dog won’t do a wee.

I offer to take ‘Damn Dog’ to the shops with me so that she can settle with her own version of Curly…namely Mr McX. “Oh” she says…”perhaps you could get me a loaf of bread whilst your there. Felt so rough today and don’t have any for Mr McX’s lunch tomorrow”.

“No problem” I say.

I get to the local shop. They have Curly’s but no bread. I might as well walk to Tesco’s and buy the two together. Tesco’s little express shop is about 30 minutes walk away. That’s fine. Damn Dog is bound to do a wee in that time. The walk will do me good:cool:

Fortunately Tesco Express has a place for various Damn Dogs, so I tie her up and go into the shop to buy Curly and bread. To be honest, I buy 6 Curlys. I know I will only eat one each day, and want to forgo more walks each night with Damn Dog.

I refuse a carrier, as I have pockets, but on leaving the shop, I realise that 6 Curly’s don’t fit well. They stick out, but nevertheless, they look relatively comfortable and secure:cool:

I return Damn Dog and bread to its owner and come home.

DH goes to work. DS2 to bed. DS1 is on his guitar. Peace. I make my big filter coffee. Life is good. I go to my pocket to get Curly.

He’s not there! Gone! All six of them! I am mortified. This is so unfair. I worked hard to get Curly. I had to put on shoes, socks and coat. I had to listen to Mrs McX talk of her torrent of phlegm. I had to walk for an hour accompanied by an animated toilet brush!

This was so unjust. I’m a good person. I do my best for society. How could I be treated this way?

I emptied my pockets. Each bit of fluff removed and examined. Each crumpled receipt opened and checked. Each one had gone. I searched the house, though I knew that I hadn’t taken them out of my pocket. I hoped that DS2 hadn’t gone to sleep. Perhaps he had seen at least one of my Curlys? No:( He hadn’t even realised that I had this attachment.:confused:

There was only one thing that could have happened. I must have dropped them. They are alone on the pavement, or maybe some other woman…..God forbid.:eek:

I put my coat on again, checked outside to make sure Mrs McX wasn’t around, and made my way, retracing my steps, listening out for a rustle of plastic foil, calling me.

About half way, I saw him Well one of him anyway. Lying there, still in his wrapper. Wet, a little windswept, but he was there. I picked him up and dried him…I walked further…again. I found Curly number 2! Another few yards and there were 2 more. Huddled pathetically on the pavement together trying to keep warm. 10 minutes later I found the last two.

You can’t believe the relief.

So, it’s now 11:23pm and my coffee is prepared. This is my time. Mine and Curly’s. Life is good.:)

Morning
I have just read about your Curly adventure and can not stop giggling,good job hubby has gone to work or he would think I have gone mad.
Thanks for a great start to my day.
Love reading your posts.
{{{HUGS}}}

Thankyou Bex, Libbie and Azlan.

I have no idea why I wrote this all down:confused:

Reading it back, I do wonder whether someone slipped some drink into my coffee :D

I suppose I just knew you people would understand how traumatic it was. I had considered sharing it with a counsellor (of the life variety...not the LL, CD type) Not that I have anything against them, but they would probably just tell me to have a shake and hold tight for the first 3 days of Curly withdrawal:rolleyes:

:p Hello, i'm a newbie to the site and have just read this thread from beginning to end!

I really loved it, I'll keep looking out for your posts I think. As for the curly story, i was busy drinking at the time (trudging through the daily 4 litres) and almost showered my computer when I laughed!

thanks for a great read!

mags
xxx

I need to know. Did Pauline's father kill her? :(

Back