KD Rambles, including Grandwitch thing

Nah. Spoilsort eh ;)

I'll tell you something that happened though in my usual rambling way:rolleyes:

I originally had this friend called Jackie. She was my very best friend at school and we did everything together. At the end of the school year, Jackie moved away.

I remember my Mother telling me that the school was concerned that I would struggle without her by my side. She was the dominant partner, and everyone had a friend. How would I cope? You see, the girls always paired up and threesomes were not tolerated by the others. This meant I was likely to be alone for the rest of my school days. Not only that, but the teachers realised I would be targetted from then on.

I was terrified of her leaving, but to be honest, I was too proud to let anyone in on this.

Unfortunately, when she left, on the last day of term, my father died a week later in the school holidays and I was sent away. So I was feeling rather confused about everything anyway.

I returned to the fold in time for school to start again. By then, my mother was on sleeping tablets and acting stranger than normal. My closest brother had gone a bit doolally, and my eldest brother now thought he was the master of the house (being the grand age of 15!). I was 13 at the time.

My mother had told me that I was not to tell the school my father had died. It was nothing to do with them, and besides...it's not as if it made any difference to me. Not like he was husband or anything important:confused:

So there I was. Without my best friend and the home decidedly stranger than normal. As soon as I arrived at school, the skinheads of the class set about me. They had heard the news, and not only was I friendless...the odd one out...but I had been careless enough to have my father die on me.:eek:

This just wasn't cool. Fathers divorced mothers. Having them die, wasn't really acceptable. :rolleyes:

I remember my mother had bought me this dark green coat for the new term and they shredded it. I couldn't think how I was going to tell her, so I buried it and pretended that I had forgotten it...left it at school. That's another story that I won't go into.

Needless to say, life didn't really go that smoothly for a few years on.

Meanwhile, I'm on the lookout for a friend. There is Pauline and her mate Susan. Pauline is okay. She's in a lower class, but we have a love of music together and play duets whenever possible. We had something in common at least. Susan is okay too, but I know that joining them is out of the question. Unless I kill Susan..but I'm a gentle soul, well I was then anyway ;) All I could do was suck up to Pauline on the hopes that she would take me under her wing.

(I'm dragging it out again :eek:) Why do I do that? :confused:
Anyway.............

I remember thinking that Pauline and Susan could stay together, but they didn't walk home as a pair. I could have that! Pauline went my way. Susan didn't.

Perhaps if I managed to walk alongside Pauline, the bullies wouldn't be waiting for me down the end of the hill where they always gathered ready for the kill.

Pauline wasn't like that. She wasn't one of the many bullies. Just got on with her day at school. Reading magazines, worshipping various pop gods. So that's what I did. Started up conversations with Pauline so that she would be happy to walk with me. If she said a hello in school, that would be the icing on the cake. Others wou
ld see that Pauline liked me. Nobody would bully Pauline. There was hope.

After I had managed to get Pauline alongside, we made good friends. Her family were slightly stranger than mine:eek:

I liked them though. 4 girls, mother, step father. The parents were Communists and a little odd. They weren't a picture of beauty, but liked to keep pictures of themselves (very x rated!!) about the house. Always in the nude...always sucking whatever:rolleyes: These pictures were everywhere. Who needs wallpaper eh :D

Pauline was the oldest. The youngest was about 4 years old at the time. She had this great skill of climbing lamposts and turning off the lights Cool skill to have. Especially for a 4 year old. That would definitely secure you friends for life. ;)

The 3rd sister was very clever. Not sure where she got her brains from. She passed the test for the Grammar school and I remember her communist stepfather was furious and wouldn't let her go there. He also disagreed with homework and would burn their books and throw a tantrum if he found any.

Having said that, I liked him. I liked the mother too. She had an IQ of zero, but I still found I could talk to her. So, even though I was only Pauline's out of school friend, I found myself visiting the house often just to chat with the parents.

What I liked about this house, was that you could be yourself. The father would shout and rave. In fact they both shouted and raved, but otherwise, life was pretty normal. I could go around there, chat to them, go up to Pauline's bedroom where she spent most of her time, and talk with her. They allowed that...friends turning up unannounced. My mother would have had a fit.

It was also an open house. Always in a mess, but you could just open the door, walk in, make yourself a coffee and sit down with the rest of the family. It became a second home for a while.

The only problem was Pauline's stepfathers rages. They were completely out of control, but I soon learnt to just disappear when he started...usually taking Pauline with me :)

Will continue tomorrow......................

Thank you kind lady :)

I think I write very simplistically. It's a conscious effort, mainly because I don't understand the big words :D

I know I moved this thread from 'Infinite Wisdom'. It certainly seems 'infinite' as it rambles on and on. Not exactly much wise stuff coming out though :D

I don't remember putting it in Creative writing:confused: Thought I put it in Chit Chat...but never mind. The only problem now is that I feel I should be writing creatively instead of just letting it all spill out in a random manner.

Oh well....I think I'll continue to spill and if anyone thinks it should be moved, then feel free.

Anyway.....there is more to the Pauline story, but I'm I'm shattered tonight. I will finish it soon.

In the meantime I was thinking. I read some of this thread. It's the first time I've actually read what I've written:eek:

I was wondering what my family would make of these ramblings. It occurred to me that I've never shared most of this stuff with them (or anyone else come to think of it)

It's not that I'm keeping it secret, just that I don't think they'd be interested.

I've taken the boys around my old estate. They know which bedroom I was born in, which alleyway I used to play in. Where I used to go to catch slowworms and lizards. They also know I had a Grandmother, but nothing about her...or even my own Mother.

If I ever did share it, I think they'd be either surprised or bored silly :D

WooHoo Hoo Karion

Tis I..... :D

Oooh how I have missed reading this thread.. pc all fixed now... so I will be looking for updates lady! A whole week without an update! C'mon girl give us a story! :D

Hi Geri me ol' mate :)

Sorry...bit behind. Going through a few problems at the moment. Service will be resumed shortly ;)

Memo to me: Must stop listening to depressing music...it doesn't help
:eek: ;)

Thank you Issy. Just a bit lost at the moment. I'll find my way again. Have to.

Cheers Issy.

I'll let you in on a little secret, but don't tell anyone;)

All your problems don't go away when you reach goal you know ;) Reckon you probably know that anyway

Oh bum!

No, they don't, do they! :eek: :eek: :mad: :confused:

Life is horrible sometimes - listen to some cheerful music, darling!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, they don't, do they! :eek: :eek: :mad: :confused:

Life is horrible sometimes - listen to some cheerful music, darling!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope you've been able to turn off the depressing music hun? I know it's hard once you get on a roll doing that, honestly.

Love the Sears Xmas tree you posted.....:eek:

Lacey....xxx..

Thanks. I'm just being pathetic at the moment. Wonder if there's a forum for pathetic people:confused: Seems to be a forum for everything these days :)

I was thinking last night that we human beings are endlessly ingenious about encouraging own own misery.

I'll drag myself out of my hole. It's not so deep:)

Thanks. I'm just being pathetic at the moment. Wonder if there's a forum for pathetic people:confused: Seems to be a forum for everything these days :)

I was thinking last night that we human beings are endlessly ingenious about encouraging own own misery.

I'll drag myself out of my hole. It's not so deep:)

You WILL drag yourself out of that hole. Why? Because you are very self-aware and know when you working against yourself with the low moods(as I do).:(

There isn't a forum for Pathetic People and we're not having one so you can't join!!!!!:p ;)

Come on and dump anytime. We're all here for you.

Lacey....x

You WILL drag yourself out of that hole. Why? Because you are very self-aware and know when you working against yourself with the low moods(as I do).:(

So true. I wonder why some of us have to be so self aware? I was just imagining a conversation with a friend of mine

Q. So how do you stay slim? How do you get your head around it?
A. I just eat healthily. Nothing to get the head around. Doh.

Q. So what do you do when you feel low?
A. :confused: Feel low? What's that then?

Q. So what will you do with the hate mail I am sending you tomorrow?

:D

So true. I wonder why some of us have to be so self aware? I was just imagining a conversation with a friend of mine

Q. So how do you stay slim? How do you get your head around it?
A. I just eat healthily. Nothing to get the head around. Doh.

Q. So what do you do when you feel low?
A. :confused: Feel low? What's that then?

Q. So what will you do with the hate mail I am sending you tomorrow?

:D

:D :D :D .....LOL

Glad to see the KD sense of humour is still shining through!!!:D

Back