Kedgeree

berniegray242

Just made this from the ee cookbook and it was amazing - just thought I'd share :)

Bernie

Haddock Kedegree
Serves 4
Syn free on Extra Easy
Ingredients
567g/1lb 4oz skinned haddock fillets
1 red onion
227g/8oz long grain rice
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
juice of ½ lemon
a couple of good pinches of cayenne pepper
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 hard boiled eggs

Method
1. Poach the haddock fillets in simmering water for about 8 minutes. Drain off the water into a
measuring jug and top up to 600ml/20fl oz with water. Flake the haddock and keep warm.
2. Finely chop the onion and place in a large pan, pour in 113ml/4fl oz of the reserved fish liquor
and cook for 15 minutes until soft. Add the rice, bay leaf and remaining fish liquor. Bring to the
boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is soft.
3. Stir in the flaked haddock, parsley, lemon juice and cayenne pepper, season to taste and
serve with quartered hard-boiled eggs.

This sounds good. Going to try when I get a minute ?

The Jamie's 15 minute meals one is 2 syns per serving or half a syn if you don't use the tbsp of oil. It's nice too :)
Liz
X

It probably is, but I wrote it down anyway.....

Jamie Oliver's 15 Minute Meals Kedgeree

Serves 4, 2 syns per portion or half a syn if not using the oil (I don't, I use frylight)

[For the kedgeree]
2 large eggs
4 fresh bay leaves
450 g of any undyed smoked haddock fillets, scaled and pin-boned
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
1 fresh red chilli
1 bunch of spring onions
1 bunch of fresh coriander
2 heaped tsp mustard seeds
2 heaped tsp turmeric
1 tbsp olive oil
250 g brown rice, boiled until soft and cooled
300 g frozen peas
1 lemon

[For the greens]
200 g fine green beans
1 big bunch of chard
1/2 a lemon

[For the yoghurt]
3 tbsp fat-free natural yoghurt
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1/2 a lemon

[Method]

Ingredients out o Kettle boiled o Large frying pan, high heat o Large casserole pan, medium heat o Medium lidded pan, medium heat

START COOKING

Fill the frying pan with boiling water, add the eggs, bay leaves and smoked fish, then reduce to a simmer.
Refill and boil the kettle.
Finely chop or slice the peeled ginger, chilli, trimmed spring onions and coriander (reserving a few leaves.
Put the mustard seeds and turmeric into the casserole pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and when they pop, scrape in the chopped veg from the board, stirring regularly.
Line the beans up and cut off the stalks, put into the medium pan with a pinch of salt, then cover with boiling water and the lid.
Line up your chard leaves, cut off and slice the stalks and add the stalks to the beans.
Stir the cooked rice, peas and the juice from 1 lemon into the casserole pan.
Add the chard leaves to the beans for a minute.
Ripple the yoghurt, chilli sauce and the juice of 1/2 a lemon together in a bowl.
Drain the greens and leave to steam dry.
Use a fish slice to remove the smoked fish from the pan, flake it into the rice, discarding the skin, stir and mix up beautifully, then season to taste.
Peel the eggs under the cold tap and cut into quarters, place around the kedgeree pan and scatter over the reserved coriander leaves.
Dress the greens on a board with the lemon juice, then season to taste and serve.

Liz
X

Back