Keeley's New Food Diary

Sweets and chocolate really are my downfall. I'd rather have them as my syns than other food but sometimes I need other food as syns so that's when I fail. I'm going to give them up and just have a couple as a treat after wi. My new plan...!

sparkledpixie said:
Sweets and chocolate really are my downfall. I'd rather have them as my syns than other food but sometimes I need other food as syns so that's when I fail. I'm going to give them up and just have a couple as a treat after wi. My new plan...!

There's a recipe for syn free jellies here but although they were nice it's nowhere bear the same thing lol. I found wee after dinner choccies that are only 1.5syns each, satisfy my sweet craving v well. Someone bought me them mind, so dunno where u can buy them!

Probably best to give them up altogether apart from once a week. Jumped on the scales when I got home and I'm still on for 1lb loss so everything crossed if I can stay syn free until wi (probably Wednesday as shifts have been changed) I should at least be able to maintain that. Also found my tape measure... Will post my measurements later and hopefully they will show a loss if the scales don't!

Boo Attack got cancelled so i'll have to make do with the walk to the pub as my exercise for this evening. Going for carvery tea but they do a salad bar option which, I'll be going for.

Carvery was a bad idea... I was good and had turkey, beef, lots of veggies, 3 potato wedges and a spoonful of gravy... no yorkie or stuffing... but did have a bottle of cider. Naughty cider... 2 lbs up this morning when on the scales. Boyfriend said he is going to hide them so I don't weigh myself 3/4 times a day like I am at the moment! I am due on TOTM too though and that is still going to be present for WI. Never a good thing :(

This food diary is turning more into a weight loss/food/rambling diary so thought it was about time I introduced myself properly J

My name is Keeley (should know that one I guess!) and I am 29 years old. I live with my boyfriend of 2 and a half years in Hazel Grove. We bought the house in January and it needs a lot of work doing to it which, we are doing ourselves. It is an ongoing battle as we have spent any money we had with renovations so far (didn’t realise it needed a full re-wire which was £2000 down the drain!) but it will get there in time.

I was always big even as a child but I bit the bullet around my 19th birthday and lost nearly 6 stone very quickly with Weight Watchers taking me from 14st5 to 8st9. I naughtily lied to the consultant about my height and managed to get below my recommended healthy weight. I also dropped my points to 6 below what I should have been having everyday so was basically eating very little. Not surprisingly when various things knocked me in my life (split up with long term boyfriend who I own a house with after he had cheated on me, granddad and nana died, etc…) I started eating again and got back into bad habits. I decided Slimming World might be a better long-term option for me to stop the undereating I had done in the past. I have a problem with chocolate and sweets… I always have even when I was at my slimmest but I could eat them and nothing else on WW :S

I work full time for the local police force. My permanent job is radio dispatcher (giving out the incidents to officers to attend, dealing with their enquiries and generally ensuring they are safe) but for the past 4 years I have been on various secondments with training and managing staff. I am currently a Supervisor for a team of call handlers (who answer the emergency and non-emergency calls) but with all the budget cuts I am due to go back to the radio any time. As you can imagine I am a shift worker. I currently tend to work 7am-4pm for 2 days, 11am-9pm for 2 days, 9pm-7am for 1 day and then 6pm-4am for 1 day before 4 days off. So 6 on, 4 off in effect. It is tiring and doesn’t do my diet or mood any favours!

I am also a part time student and am going into my 2nd year of a BA Honours degree in training and adult education. How I find the time I will never know. I have gotten back into exercise the past few weeks and am starting to get nervous about going back to Uni as it is taking away another evening that I can fit in an exercise class ;)

As well as all the above I am currently fundraising for a trip to Ethiopia in November. A group of 12 people (officers and staff) from work have been selected to go out for a week and renovate the accommodation of a safe house for street children in Addis Ababa with the charity Retrak. We need to raise £2000 each for the trip and it is such a long slog at the moment! I have £1200 so far but need another £800 before November.

From next weigh in I am going to document my syns over the week calculating 10 a day so 70 for the week but I am going to try and stick to 5 though as I go to the Dominican Republic in October and I want to shift as much of this blubber as possible. Ideally I’d like to be in the 9s for when I go which means 11lbs in 7 weeks. Also going to document my water intake, as it is pitiful at the moment. At least if I write it down ill need to ‘own up’ to that fact.

Told you it had turned into a ramble….! :eek:

Saturday 20th August 7am-4pm shift (thought this might help too!) RED DAY

Magic porridge (heb) strawberries, raspberries, pineapple and grapes

Salad (cucumber, lettuce, spring onions, carrot and beetroot) with egg, cheese (HEA) and crab sticks

Chicken stuffed with low low spread (hea) wrapped in bacon with BBQ sauce, roasted carrots, peppers and tomatoes.

2 giant strawberries (3)
2 chews (2)

Syns for the day - 5
Water for the day - 500ml
Exercise - 45 mins kettlenetics

Last edited:
Aww Keeley it's lovely to get to know you!!!! You have such a lot going on in your life at the moment! Renovating a house, a difficult job at times I'm sure, difficult shift pattern, and fundraising, wow. I'm v impressed with you :) plus fitting all this exercise in, gosh I feel like a lazy moo now lol.

I'm 35, head of customer contact for Northern Ireland's leading utility company, I have 2 beautiful boys, 7 & 3. And have been happily married for nearly 6 years now. I lost 3st with WW after having my first & dropped to around 8.12 tho my body maintained happily at 9 3 then last year I got to 9st with SW and apart from climbing to 9st 10 (eek) at Christmas I'm back down to 9 but as u know I'm chasing an 8 lol. I'm worried that even if I got to an 8 that I'd never be able to do maintenance, that I'd always have to eat like I need to lose, just to maintain. Does that make sense lol.

Nice to meet you too xxx I was constantly following the little I ate on WW when I was at 8st9... I want to be there again but don't think I have the will power or the motivation to stay there! Going to aim for 8st13 this time and see how I get on. Sometimes life is more important than a couple of lbs. Do they make that much of a difference to how your clothes fit or is it psychological the 'number' you want to be?

I went to Morrisons earlier and bought some 'new' HEB's that I haven't had before. Ryvita fruit crunch and Pagen WM crisprolls. Also got some of your velvet crunch! They were £1 for a multipack so looking forward to giving them a try.

It's a bit of both, psychological & clothes do for that bit better when I'm the 2pm lighter. It's 8 13 I want too, had thought of aiming for 8 8 but I'd never maintain it. Never been that thin either.

How funny, I bought the Crisprolls too yesterday :) also gonna swap the fruit brekkie maybe for cereal a few days. X

21st august 1100-2100 shift RED DAY

Low fat chocolate mousse (3)
Bacon on crisprolls (heb) with low low spread (hea)

Strawberries and raspberries with coconut muller

Hi fi bar (heb)
Mini shortcake biscuit (3.5)
2 chews (2)

Water - 500ml
Syns - 8.5
Exercise - none (I've got to say my days off I tend to lose more? Guess my body is still burning off the fat)

sparkledpixie said:
21st august 1100-2100 shift RED DAY

Low fat chocolate mousse (3)
Bacon on crisprolls (heb) with low low spread (hea)

Strawberries and raspberries with coconut muller

Hi fi bar (heb)
Mini shortcake biscuit (3.5)
2 chews (2)

Water - 500ml
Syns - 8.5
Exercise - none (I've got to say my days off I tend to lose more? Guess my body is still burning off the fat)

Ohhhhh tell me u ate more than that?? Aren't u hungry hun x

No that was it and I was starving mid day but working 1100-2100 always messes with my eating pattern. Feel fine now!

It depends... If I weigh in tomorrow then no as it is at 9.30am! If I go to the Tuesday morning class then I will do. Don't know when to go for the best to be honest, normally weigh on a Tuesday night so don't want to impact on next weeks Tuesday night wi too much if that makes sense?

sparkledpixie said:
It depends... If I weigh in tomorrow then no as it is at 9.30am! If I go to the Tuesday morning class then I will do. Don't know when to go for the best to be honest, normally weigh on a Tuesday night so don't want to impact on next weeks Tuesday night wi too much if that makes sense?

Yeah know what u mean. Going from am to pm weigh & vice versatile usually does impact a little. Ah well tho ud know why if u got a weird result?

Yeah know what u mean. Going from am to pm weigh & vice versatile usually does impact a little. Ah well tho ud know why if u got a weird result?

I'm pre TOTM too.... due to show an appearance anyway so I'm going to bite the bullet, go get weighed this morning and then I have an extra day as well as post TOTM to help next week's weigh in. Also means I can start fishy week early and have a tuna jacket for lunch ;)

1.5lbs off at weigh in, woo! If I can lose 2 next week I'll get my first stone award :) here's to a fishy week...

Back