Keely's journey to slimville

I have just made a balance beam out of some wood we were given by a local carpenter for my son's adventure trail I am making. He is autistic so he an't alwzys go to ones where there are other kids as he doesn't handle crowds and noise and stuff.
We are about to start making a clatter bridge to go with it and a table out of 2 tree log halves that we were also given. I am supposed to learning how to use the sewing machine Kev bought me 2 christmases ago but it looks too compliczted to me lol. I do a scrapbook of Thomas's life and home made cards occasionally. Bit of what takes my fancy really. Did I read in your profile that you like making stuff too?

The typos in my posts are dreadful lol

Wow! That adventure trail sounds awesome! I wanna go on it lol.

I've got a sewing machine! I haven't used it in awhile though. I've made a few cards but not very often.

Yes I love doing crafts! I love to cross stitch and I've just recently taught myself to crochet, I'm making a blanket :) I will basically try anything once lol

oh cool, I really need to learn how to use my machine so I can make stuff like cushion covers etc even just hemming up trousers would help! I tried to do knitting once, but I had to have someone start me of and all i could do was knit in straight lines lol i was told i was doing pearl stitches here and there....i dont even know how to do a pearl stitch lol

My mum's family are all very creative with handwork, my mum and her sisters knit, cross stitch and lots more. When I was a kid my mum used to make most of our clothes. I never inherited the love of any of that. I was taught to knit when I was young but I never managed more than the back of a jumper before I got bored. I've done tapestries in the past, even made a few cushions, but I don't enjoy it as much as the jewellery making at the moment. I do have some unfinished tapestry pieces that have been sitting for years waiting to be finished, maybe one day I'll complete them.

I think it is a gift, either you can do it or you can't..... i am without the knitting gene lol
jael you come from super creative genes lol

What a fantastic weight loss!...that is brilliant and I bet you feel really good about it?

I think you are so clever doing your own adventure trail...I would not even know where to start! I love crafting also I have had a go at lads of stuff but since I have had my daughter and the time the horses take up I don't seem to have the time.

i used to love doing cross stitch samplers but they would take me at least a year. As I would pick them up for a couple of weeks and then leave them for a few months then pick them back up again.

you're so lucky having horses, thetpy are supposed to be really therapeutic for autistic kids so I'm always trying to get my son interested, but they just don't interest him!

I'm ffeeling really anxious. When i went to the loo i saw i have had some spotting. I don't have periods as i a peri menopausal and on the mini pill. I have had a band of pain round my lower back and tummy for a few weeks now too and i k ow these are all symptoms of cervical cancer which runs in my family
really scared

I'm sure it's nothing Keely, this diet plays havoc with your hormones. I have a myrena coil, I'm not supposed to have periods at all, but I've had them again the last 2 months. It happened years ago when I did LL too. And someone on another group has the implant and had a period too.

My mom used to make clothes and things for me as well. She's also crafty. Actually, whenever I visit we always do some sort of craft together lol. She taught me to knit in November and I taught myself to crochet a few months ago and she's picked up crochet now too. We're both working on a crochet blanket and a knitted blanket and also a huge cross stitch each. I'm making a Christmas stocking for my nephew & she's making a birth announcement one with his name and weight and birthdate on it. I've got a few orders for some bracelets as well at the moment! x

I'm sure it's nothing Keely, this diet plays havoc with your hormones. I have a myrena coil, I'm not supposed to have periods at all, but I've had them again the last 2 months. It happened years ago when I did LL too. And someone on another group has the implant and had a period too.

That's a relief, I didn't know if anyone had experience it whilst they have been on the diet. I'm going to go and get checked out at my gp's to be safe. Not sure about this pain, need to get the ok

Ok so being on this diet for just over a week has really helped me see some stuff I didn't pick up on last time. I have big time discovered that I crave food when I am a, stressed or peed off and b, bored
So my question is this.... now I have identified this what do I do about it? I mean it isn't as simple as just don't do it (as my husband helpfully just suggested )
surely it is about retraining your brain and thojght processes? So yeah I can identify - I want food, am I hungry/bored/pissed off and if it isn't hunger then use distraction. So I could go have a bath, paint my nails, do housework etc etc, but is there more to it? Paul Mckenna uses hypnitherapy to retrain the way our brains send certain signals in response to certain stimuli and therapists use cognitive behavioural therapy to do it, but how can we do it ourselves?

My horses are a huge distractions and my best friends. If I am having a bad day, when I go to feed them in the evening I feel much better.

i have read your previous messages and it might be worth just getting yourself checked out at the doctor next week

I've had hypnotherapy to help with weight loss, it didnt work at all for me, not even one little bit. Despite this my mum's having hynotherapy sessions at the moment and supposedly he's given her aversion therapy to chocolate, ice cream and biscuits, but that's not worked either. I think the key is if you're aware of the reasons and situations why you overeat, you may be able to take a step back before actually doing it in future, and then make a conscioius decision either to eat or not eat, but while weighing up the consequences of your actions.

thanks shrimp, i am going to ring gp tuesday morning and get checked out to be on the safe side xx
jael i bought the paul mckenna gastric band book and cd it didnt work at all and i said to my hubby what am i going to doand that evening there was an email from exante saying we miss you, have 20% off your next order so i said right i'm trying this again. I think now i know my danger periods if you like, i can prepare myself to avoid temptation xx

Good morning Exanters, another lovely sunny day here in Essex. I have had my morning coffee and half shake. We are going to a vintage fayre today for a walk back in time, will be really good for little man to see history in action!! There will be people dressed up in period costume and stalls selling things of old. I'm really excited!! I love history, once went to the black country museum in Dudley and you walk round a little village with an old school and pharmacy, bakers etc. All the staff dress up and it is like you have been transported back in time... loved it!
Anyway hoping for a good day on the plan, have a lovely day xxx

Have a great day

i have Beamish near me and our tickets run out tomorrow so we did think a little run over this weekend might be in order. They are very interesting places.

fingers crossed it says Sunny

Oh that sounds interesting! I love old timey stuff! I'm not much into history but I love vintage/antique stuff! Hope you have a great day! x

Did not get to Beamish today....how was your vintage really?

any interesting stuff?

Back