Keeping going when unmotivated

LittleFlutterby

Fluffy lil flutterby :)
Hi all :wave_cry:

I've been going to SW for 20 weeks now- and have lost 50lb so far. The last, probably, week or so, i have really stumbled back into a depression (i've stuggled with depression for about 10 years- but since starting my weight loss journey it's not been as bad)

At the way i'm looking, i am looking at a gain next week- and it scares me. i have had one gain in the 20 weeks- but i was off plan ALL week to get that gain- and i dont want to go through that again

I have been pretty active for the last few months, but the last few days my get up and go has got up and gone. I want to do wii dancing, or go to the gym...or go for a walk- but i cant seem to get that energy to go

I've been exhausted- really tired. even though i've slept more than i have done in months. so even though i'm telling myself that i need to exercise, the exhaustion is just taking over, and i cant seem to keep motivated

My eating has been a little naughty this week- i had pizza as a treat for getting under 19 stone, on Tuesday- and yesterday i went out with a friend and had pancake and ice cream (stayed within my syns though....) so i need to exercise to counteract that!

So- what do i do? i can't do the "just do it" thing- it doesnt work....when i get like this, its like a complete rut that i cant see myself getting out of...i want to be thin, but right now i cant see myself like that, if that makes sense

i've lost 3stone 8lb- since mid April- which is immense. but i still feel horrendous :(

what do i do :(

sorry this probably makes no sense, my head is just all over the damn place :(

Hi hun. 1 gain in 20 weeks is amazing!!! I've been up and down - luckily mainly down - so you should be REALLY PROUD of what you've achieved so far.

So you MIGHT have a gain. You also might not! I was so sure that I'd gained this week and I lost 1.5!!!

Even if you have try not to stress about it as next week will be a different story. I'm betting your eating habits have changed and so you've probably been making choices which are healthier without even realising.

Anyway I'm not sure I've helped but I had to say something x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel, I get the same way. You have achieved so much already! Even if you do gain then it's miniscule compared to what you lost. I know how you feel though like that one meal wasn't worth it, if you'd had a weeks worth of off-plan then it's deserved, BUT hopefully you won't have gained but if you do just keep going.

I get the total unmotivated feeling but then I think do I want to be larger again, NO, must keep going :)

GOOD LUCK

Hi, I have only just joined and have only just started my weight loss journey and I feel inspired when I see people like you who have lost 60lbs! Wow you should feel really proud of yourself, I think walking is the best thing when you feel like you can't be bothered. Good luck and i hope i do as well as you!

It's a while back since the OP but i wanted to firstly say, Blimey - how amazing is your weightloss so far! You are an inspiration.

And secondly - I think we all know that when our head's in the wrong place trying to diet can be at best hard and at worst, lead to binges. What I would try is to take some time out and focus on stabilising your eating, making really healthy choices, but not weighing or counting or whatever. BUT before you start fix a date of say five days or a week when you will definitely, no question, get back on that horse.

So it's not a five day food-free-for-all... but it is a planned opportunity to destress, take the pressure off, and normalise.

Good luck.

I sometimes think when you feel like that it might be worth changing something like your eating plan or your exercise to make it fresh again. But looking at your weightloss you seem to have got past your rut, how DID you solve it?

First off - congrats on losing so much so far, its a big loss

I've had a bad week motivation wise, I missed weigh in on Monday as wasn't well so now I'm really worried I'm going to have put on a lot, I bet if I'd gone to weigh in I probably wouldn't feel like this. My baby is not sleeping well at the min, waking every 2 hours (sometimes hourly) so im shattered and exercise is the last thing I want to do!

OMG I am *so* sorry everyone! for some reason i have gotten no notifications of replies, i thought no one had!

I will work on replying to you all now!!! :)

Hi hun. 1 gain in 20 weeks is amazing!!! I've been up and down - luckily mainly down - so you should be REALLY PROUD of what you've achieved so far.

So you MIGHT have a gain. You also might not! I was so sure that I'd gained this week and I lost 1.5!!!

Even if you have try not to stress about it as next week will be a different story. I'm betting your eating habits have changed and so you've probably been making choices which are healthier without even realising.

Anyway I'm not sure I've helped but I had to say something x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was just checking what I lost that week. It turned out that I lost 2lb that week! I think I just focussed on my eating mainly- as well as poked a fellow SW member to kick me up the bottom! sometimes having people on this journey, in your face, really helps. This member lives 2 roads away and we have been on quite a few walks....actually- we should go on more- I will text her tomorrow!

My eating habits have definitely changed. Even if I am not as active- at least I'm not eating 4-5000 calories a day of JUNK, like I used to- that is definitely something :)

You have helped- those are wise words, i will keep this thread bookmarked in case I'm in need of support at a later date. :)

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel, I get the same way. You have achieved so much already! Even if you do gain then it's miniscule compared to what you lost. I know how you feel though like that one meal wasn't worth it, if you'd had a weeks worth of off-plan then it's deserved, BUT hopefully you won't have gained but if you do just keep going.

I get the total unmotivated feeling but then I think do I want to be larger again, NO, must keep going :)

GOOD LUCK

Your last line really hit me- you are so right! no- there is no way I want to be 22 1/2 stone again- that in itself should keep me spurred on. I have before pictures and because I can *see* the immense change in the last 6 months- that really does keep me going.

And I LOVE getting positive comments. I actually get comments on how pretty I look, not just how good my skin looks :8855:

Hi, I have only just joined and have only just started my weight loss journey and I feel inspired when I see people like you who have lost 60lbs! Wow you should feel really proud of yourself, I think walking is the best thing when you feel like you can't be bothered. Good luck and i hope i do as well as you!

Thanks- I really am proud. It's taken a bit to feel this way- but I'm getting there :)
With exercise- I'm ok once I'm doing it- but it's actually starting that's the problem sometimes (like a lot of people I guess!) But I enjoy walking- I get my ipod on and just walk places- even to my dads which is just over a mile away- I used to get 2 buses(one bus from the bottom of the main road by me to the village, then ANOTHER bus from there, just because it stopped right outside my dad's road. ) But the 15-20 minutes (if that) that it takes to walk is refreshing and I do feel great after!

It's a while back since the OP but i wanted to firstly say, Blimey - how amazing is your weightloss so far! You are an inspiration.

And secondly - I think we all know that when our head's in the wrong place trying to diet can be at best hard and at worst, lead to binges. What I would try is to take some time out and focus on stabilising your eating, making really healthy choices, but not weighing or counting or whatever. BUT before you start fix a date of say five days or a week when you will definitely, no question, get back on that horse.

So it's not a five day food-free-for-all... but it is a planned opportunity to destress, take the pressure off, and normalise.

Good luck.

Thanks for your advice. The plan I'm on, there really isn't much weighing or anything- which is a bit handy- because I hate restriction! But I know of some people who have 24 hours off plan (maybe not go overboard- but have a bit of stuff that might not be "free") and that helps keep their head in check.

What I decided to do after I got under 20 stone, was I was going to give myself one treat. A big edible treat, that I wasn't going to "count". Like the first one was to go to Red Hot World Buffet in Liverpool- even though I was mindful, I had a few naughty things.When I got under 19 stone, I had a pizza from my local pizza place. Now I'm under 18 stone, I am going for afternoon tea with a few friends. (even better that it's free- because I won 2 coupons in a competition lol). It keeps me on the straight and narrow- thinking that when I get to X weight, I have something to look forward to.

Not sure what to go for when I get under 17 stone (12 1/2 lb to go like lol) We shall see :)

I sometimes think when you feel like that it might be worth changing something like your eating plan or your exercise to make it fresh again. But looking at your weightloss you seem to have got past your rut, how DID you solve it?

I started a blog. Seriously. Might sound like a shameless plug (link in my sig, heehee)- but that really helped me. I had that daily (*ahem* not quite daily now) accountability, where I would share if I was struggling. Knowing that people were reading and getting something from it too spurred me on. I love to help people- if I can help people while on this journey- then I feel as though it's a success.

I also am honest when I'm struggling- I spoke to a few friends and they picked me up. These are friends who know that sometimes, Tanya just needs a bit of a boost,a bit of love, support and the odd hug! These are people who stop me from giving up :)

First off - congrats on losing so much so far, its a big loss

I've had a bad week motivation wise, I missed weigh in on Monday as wasn't well so now I'm really worried I'm going to have put on a lot, I bet if I'd gone to weigh in I probably wouldn't feel like this. My baby is not sleeping well at the min, waking every 2 hours (sometimes hourly) so im shattered and exercise is the last thing I want to do!

Tiredness- especially extreme tiredness, is not good when you need motivation- because all you want to do is sleep, right?

I get the nervousness about weigh in. But it is 2 days away.Hopefully it is a good result for you,but remember- if it isn't you can just draw a line under the sand after you step off those scales after- and look forward to a positive week.

I hope that things look up for you- and I hope your baby can start to sleep through soon- it sounds very stressful :bighug:

Again- thanks everyone who replied- sorry it's taken so long to reply!!!

xxx

Thanks :) I lost 1.5lbs woo lol I did my Zumba workout before weigh in and made sure i went for a pee first - every penny counts as they say haha

It's soooo hard to get motivated to exercise, wish I could afford a personal trainer to kick my butt into shape!

Well done, it is so hard to turn it around when you lose motivation. That is not to put down your great weight loss but you should be so proud of this last bit. I am amazed at how brave you are in blogging your weight loss journey, I hope it continues to provide the inspiration you need.

Just found this thread, am gonna have a read as some days I'm so unmotivated

Back