Keeping on track as a target member!

Meant to say, my dad made some great choices at harvester. He went for a steak with jp and salad. He has lost weight, but he looks healthier, not drained like before. His colour and skin look good. He's loving it. So proud of him for doing this in a way that works for him. He is focusing on changes in diet to get diabetes under control, rather than weight loss-which is happening. He's lost half a stone but he's not hung up about that bit. He had a couple of beers, but he usually has more, and he is eating more fruit and fresh veg. He's swapped to wholemeal bread and semi s milk and lowlow cheese spread instead of dairylea. Eating ham and chicken and rice dishes, cos he doesn't eat pasta. Can't wait to hear more when he has next check up.

Making today a green day.
Mushrooms on toast. strawberries and kiwi with mullerlight.
Lunch, 6 ryvita wholemeal cracker bread, with 60g lowlow cheese on, 2 nectarines and an orange.
chickpea dahl loaf with salad.

milk for tea, 350 ml s milk
syns rocky road hifi 3

Making scan bran scotch eggs for tomorrow's lunch, working and and taking pineapple, cantaloupe and honeydew melon chopped up, mullerlight, bit of curry loaf, & some grapes.
Hoping for a loss of some kind on Thursday morning , rather than this up and down lark!

Worked last night, so just had 2 ryvita fruit crunch with philly choc on, 2 scotch eggs for lunch, back to slepp!
Dinner is another concoction.
mushroom, bacon and baked bean pasta - and very nice it is too!
Will post recipe later at work. xx

I think I've got my smilies back!:checkmark green:
Bacon, mushroom and baked bean pasta.

1 crushed clove of garlic, chopped onion, garlic and herb mash, loads of button mushrooms, chopped bacon - all fry lighted
1 carton of basil and herb passata added when cooked, 1 oxo cube and woster sauce, add 1
can of baked beans and simmer on low.

Meanwhile, cook pasta and frozen garden peas together and add to the rest.
Bingo! dinner is ready, had 2 helpings, and have some left over for tomorrow.:)

Had a few rubbish days. Food has been terrible, mainly snacking and missing meals because of being busy. Thursday night, had a Chinese and bottle of lager and bag of prawn crackers, so now I'm working extra hard to pull it back, as back at top of target!
So starting from today, grapefruit and orange, mullerlight for brekkie,
asparagus and leek soup for lunch,
smoked salmon, new potatoes and salad for dinner.
Having a day off from everything, as feeling exhausted.
Made a massive loss, but am able to claim back tax and should be getting that in the next 14 days. So really, I need to get my group numbers up, and will be doing everything I possibly can to get to the next stage. 30 members would give me some leeway for the last minute messages or members just not turning up. I was 1 member away from covering my hall hire on Thursday, so frustrating, and for the first time EVER, I really felt like giving up.:sad0071:
But my lovely paylady, who'd weighed in at another group the week before, said how much they all appreciated me and the support I give them and she wouldn't have been able to lose her 2 stone without me, and the other group wasn't a patch on this one. It didn't have all the boards I have, or the raffle prizes. It really meant a lot to me to hear that.:)
We did team fun tech, which is always absolute chaos in my group! One fairly new member asked how many syns there was in a shot of vodka. So I said, "get your books out!" she shook her head, so I said "50 points for your team if you're first to find it!"
everyone got their books out and rummaged through, and we spent a few minutes talking about ways to get through social events/weekends and how to manage alcohol. They're all heading off to Tesco to buy Equator beers to alternate them with their wine or vodkas now!:):beer8:

So I think I won't go to group this Thursday, I know that I have gone over target, and I need to get back into not going mad at the weekend.
I used to have such good self control, and now it's really gone outta the window Just need to take that pressure off for 1 week, and lose when I go back next week. I am going to write all my meals down, not skip, and fill up on free and superfree. Going to have a week without hifi bars, I never used to have them at all, it's only because they are in my house, I've been buying my stock, so I can get through them. going to try some of my old favourites, and have a week being cheeseless! I feel like I could eat a whole block of full fat cheddar no problem.

Had an idea for my group this week, I keep lots of old packets of food to show members what they could try for free food.
I'm going to put them all out on the table, and ask them all to pick something they've never tried before, or something that's caught their eye, and they'd like to know how they could use it, and use that as a way to get them thinking of new ideas.
Also, have taken on a relief group, for a few weeks. The consultant has stepped down, so offered, thinking it would be a bigger group.
But it's smaller than mine, so will do my best to get the members to bring in new members if they want to keep it open, and hopefully someone will take over. Have never done this before, so a bit nervous as to what I've taken on, but I promised I would look after them for a few weeks. I don't want this to stop me building my own group though, or prevent me from supporting my own members who are my priority. ThinkI am going to be honest with my members, and tell them how badly we need to get new members to keep the group going, and how close I was last week to quitting. Feeling very vulnerable at the moment, and just hoping for a change of luck. I don't feel like I'm getting enough support, and the manager hasn't let me know when she'll be coming to do my group visit. She seems tied up with group relief, and the more successful consultants who are bringing in big numbers. I wish they would remember the consultants like me who have struggled. Have to buck my ideas up, and try and get some lapsed members back, so Thursday morning, I will be doing that.

On another blessed night duty. been busy, and my feet and legs ache.
Met one of my members who's not been for a while, coming out of the kebab shop! She said she'll be back this week!
I was picking up my A frame from outside the newsagents, and she came running after me!
My shop man should be back off holiday, and my nearly at target, original paylady will be back as well.
That's 3 up on the numbers last week. Had a call from a potential new member.
Tomorrow will be busy.
Have to pick up some visuals and A frames from another consultant, who is leaving. They will come in handy for relief group.
Also have raffle to get. Some superfree from Aldi, and might do store cupboard staples,. Got a delivery arriving as well.
But really can't wait to get home and have a good sleep first:4635:

Food yesterday, had fruit and yogurt while on night duty, leek and asparagus soup, big bowl of strawberries for lunch, with a vanilla mullerlight (mixed in a mint cabury's options 2 syns and stuck in freezer, yummy, don't know why I haven't done that before, I used to love the mint mullers, then they brought in that disgusting turkish stuff)
dinner was ham and hard boiled egg salad. New potatoes frylighted in garlic and herb, pineapple and melon at work, with grapes, cherries and mulllerlight. 350 s milk. also had vanilla coffee and 2 alpen lights b choice. Nicked a couple of mini oreos from the kids stash, not sure of syns there.

Food planned for Wed. going straight to bed when I get home.
scrambled egg and tomatoes on wholemeal bread.
dinner savory rice, chicken and salad.

Food Friday,
big bowl of strawberries with toffee mullerlight, and cup of tea.
lunch is sticky bbq quorn fillets with salad, dinner is aubergine bake, will put recipe up later.

sorting office out, updating visuals, accounts and getting ready for relief group Monday morning.

One new member last night. Had a very buzzy group, and really enjoyed looking at everything we could do with different foods. Everybody learnt so much, including me.
Still only 24 again, but it feels like more, because everyone is joining in with lots of ideas.
Got my first target member as well!
Love my job!

Had a glitter day! Made some great visuals which I'm really proud of. Painted some little model figures bronze, silver gold and platinum as visuals for body magic. 2nd coat on today!
Went to harvester so didn't make aubergine bake, was just about to start, and the old man said lets go out! Had simply chicken and rice and salad.
Had allinsons high fibre white bread, which is lovely, counts as a b choice. Had 2 and scrape of butter. Had with 3 babybel light and chopped apple for snack while glittering! Also had some velvet crunch sweet chilli corn snacks, but can't find the proper crisps. Not in poundland, sold out!
Synned my milk, 3 as was planning green day but old man wrecked his usual havoc with my eating plan! 7 syns for day.
Putting a frame out later at venue for monday as prev consultant has got most on countdowns and I need to pay venue cash, so hope a few new will turn up on the day.
Also meeting a member who is struggling to get her back on plan this afternoon. So another busy day.
Felt strange not weighing in Thursday morning, missed going and seeing my buddies. Back next week and back in target hopefully!

Have just got back from putting out posters and a frame.
Managed to get 6 out, which isn't bad as there was only 2 small shopping parades. Hairdressers, butchers, wedding shop, 2 news agents and a green grocer. A frame is in shopping parade.
There's a school nearby, so as I am now the proud owner of 3 bl**dy a frames, I will be putting 1 out by the school Monday am!
Justhope I haven't made a mistake taking this on.

Food today has been massive bowl of strawberries and raspberries with a mullerlight.
Lunch, smoked salmon and salad,
dinner, aubergine bake with sw chips.

Prepare potatoes, and parboil for 10 mins. Drain, and do sw chips.
Cut aubergine into rounds and sprinkle with garlic and herb mash on one side, grill both sides until light gold.
Fry light spinach and courgettes, and baby plum tomatoes optional.
add carton of garlic and onion passata, simmer on low.
Grate 65g mozzarella light (on green plan!) mix with tub of quark or total 0% greek yogurt. Add 2 beaten eggs.
Layer aubergine in dish, pour spinach and passata over . Pour quark mix over top and sprinkle a little mozzarella over. Oven on 180 until cheese golden. Have with SW chips. Should be enough for tomorrow lunch or later tonight if hungry.

Had tea and diet coke while out, this afternoon. Picked at some ham earlier. Had 2 rocky roads. What was that about no hifi bars?!

Smoked salmon and scrambled egg with tomatoes and mushrooms.
Apple
Leek and asparagus soup (the old man said god help him later!)
melon and pineapple
Aubergine bake, 2 ryvita fruit crunch with choc philly (4 1/2 syns)and raspberries on, muller light greek yog (1/2 syn)
Had 1 cup of tea, so saving milk for a milky hazelnut coffee later when I get back from setting up group for the morning. I can get in the hall after 6pm.
Got the Aldi super 6 for the raffle prize, with some kidney beans sweetcorn and rice. The other consultant said she usually has a mug with coffee or options hot choc, and they are not very interested in the raffle.
Cost me just over £7 with the milk as well.
Also picked up some Swartz herbs and will put with garlic and herb mash, as it's so versatile, and I'm using loads at the moment - for my Thursday group.
Will take another trip back to Aldi to get the super 6, as it's a good salad selection, and there's a few other bits I added to make more interesting.
Cooking roast pork dinner for family, then I will head off and get set up.

So nervous I have been awake since 2.30. Having scrambled egg on the Allinson high fibre white bread, with a cup of tea. Rang my dad yesterday to tell him about it!
Want to go back to bed for another hour, come over really tired.
Hope it goes well.

Just got back from the relief group.
Small, had 2 new, 1 decided not to join. 12 in total. They've all taken a poster away to put out somewhere, and to try and bring new members in.
I said I would try and keep the group going for as long as I could, but we need to have as least 25 members in to cover the rent.
Left my pasting table A frame at the top of the hill, so everyone can see it.
It's been an aim of mine to have a morning group, really enjoyed it.
The members all walked in and said "wow". They haven't got a social team or a proper raffle, so I had to ask 2 ladies to volunteer for me to weigh and pay.
Another lady took over the raffle, and they were all excited to about it. I took £10 for the raffle, so I've covered my costs and can get them a decent prize for next week.
We did the same with the packets of food, some things they'd never tried or heard of.
Didn't know what curry loaf was!! Told them lots of different things to do with Asda chickpea dahl!
A lot of happy members who really enjoyed the group.
I've sowed the seed that if they want to keep the group open, they need to bring lots of new members in.
So looking forward to next Monday, and I'm feeling a little bit more confident about my own abilities as a consultant.

Was wiped out after group yesterday! Had 6 rocky roads, 2 packets of ready salted crisps and a sausage roll!
My soup was in the fridge, so have today and tomorrow.
Had kedgeree and lots of fruit and veg, but way over on syns and healthy extras.
I'm going back to weigh in regardless Thursday, so just 2 days of sticking to plan should get me a pound off or a maintain, and then I can concentrate properly.
House work is calling!

Done a bit of housework, and written letters to lapsed members from both groups.
Hope I get a couple back. It costs a fortune in stamps!

Got chicken salad and new pots in garlic and herb mash-if I can summon up the energy to go down the shop and get some. Don't want to touch the one in raffle. C'mon girly whirly-get your skinny butt down the co-op before you start picking at rubbish again.

Been scouting around for my raffle prizes today.
Have a selection of B choices. Alpen lights, Kellogs all bran golden crunch, Ryvita sweet onion crispbread, ryvita minis and a mini box of Weetabix. Nearly got the allinson high fibre white bread, but it's sell by date is tomorrow, and they didn't have any more in stock.
Then have, rosemary, coriander, mint and dill, along with chinese 5 spice and garlic and herb mash. All Swartz spices.
Actually, I'm sitting here thinking the raffle looks a sorry affair, and I may go and pick up a loaf in Tesco.
Doing a supermarket swept today! Just been to Aldi, Morrisons and Sainsbo's and asda already!
Breakfast has been strawberries and mullerlight, lunch leek and asparagus soup, dinner lentil dahl with cauliflour, broccoli and 0% total greek yog. Have definitely had my share of B choices this week! So not having today!
Also had a call from someone who I met on her doorstep last year when opening my group. She wants to join at 5.30pm, but haven't got enough in my 7.30pm group yet. I need 60-70 members, so a way to go, although she is desperate, and will come and give it a go soon. Hope it's tomorrow!
Haven't worked any nights so far this week, feel better for it, but will have to catch up at the weekend.

Last edited:
Back