Keeping on track as a target member!

Had 26 in!
But OMG what an awkward evening!
Had one rejoin. This is a lady who has weighed once before in April, and never came back, but has texted me , and phoned me for advice, and sent an excuse every week about why she can't make it.
She turned up, I went through the new member talk with her, and halfway through, another 2 new turned up. I gave them a form to fill out, offered them a tea or coffee, and took the other lady through to rejoin as she couldn't stay,
Got to the pay desk, she had her card, but had left book behind - and said she had no money.
I said "how can I put you through if you can't pay the joining fee?"
"oh, I'll just go and get some from the car!"..............

Went through new member talk again with the other 2 ladies.

In image therapy, had a lady complain her life was too busy to do this. She stayed behind at the end, demanding that I write her down a menu for the week!
I directed her to the interest table, as there was lots of recipes from magazines out, for snacks, and quick easy meals and I'd done a little theme on planning for the week!
She sat on a chair chatting to a couple of people, and then spent 10 mins after my new members had gone, telling me how difficult her life was, how busy, how she nearly hadn't made it, and that's why she wanted me to plan her week for her.
I said,' we're all busy, you have all the tools y'ou need to be able to take a few mins to plan.'
She said she might not come back, and I said, if your weight loss is important to you, then have a think about what you want to do.'

Basically, she could have spent that time, jotting a few ideas down, but she just couldn't be bothered.
Boy, was I fed up and in a bad mood when I got home!

"how did it go tonight, love?" said the old man when I got in.
"Got 26 in, but they do like to ~*%$ me around!" I said.
Just stay out of my way until mum calms down!

Otherwise, a fab night. 2 target awards, a stone and a 2 1/2 stone and silver body magic given out.
The genuinely struggling member, came back having lost weight, ready to plan her week again, and thanked me for helping her. She said I had a
'fabularssss group, young lady! Hard working and inspirational!'
the other lady has only come 3 out of 5 weeks
See, I will do everything I can for those who get to a stumbling block after losing weight and then struggle. But
the other lady has come 3/5 weeks, and not really made an effort to make changes. She expects me to do it for her.
That's not my job. My job is to teach her how to do it for herself!

Had breakfast at Sainsbury's. Scrambled egg on toast, baked beans, bacon tomatoes. Discarded the mushroom, because it was swimming in fat yuk.
Got up really early and did accounts and upload, so enjoyed breakfast over a cup of tea.
Had leek and asparagus soup with large carton of fresh cherries.
Used my B choice for 450g of cooked rhubarb with 2 tbs of sweetener, mixed with vanilla muller light. So yummy, want that again.
Dinner, had mango and grilled chicken with coleslaw.
Daughter is having a sleepover, and son is on a residential weekend for his silver DofE award, so old man is dragging me out for an Indian meal.
Luckily, haven't had any syns yet, so will just have small curry a bit later, with rice, salad and a small glass of wine. Not really hungry, but the old man is requesting my company - so needs must when the devil drives!

Had breakfast at Sainsbury's. Scrambled egg on toast, baked beans, bacon tomatoes. Discarded the mushroom, because it was swimming in fat yuk.
Got up really early and did accounts and upload, so enjoyed breakfast over a cup of tea.
Had leek and asparagus soup with large carton of fresh cherries.
Used my B choice for 450g of cooked rhubarb with 2 tbs of sweetener, mixed with vanilla muller light. So yummy, want that again.
Dinner, had mango and grilled chicken with coleslaw.
Daughter is having a sleepover, and son is on a residential weekend for his silver DofE award, so old man is dragging me out for an Indian meal.
Luckily, haven't had any syns yet, so will just have small curry a bit later, with rice, salad and a small glass of wine. Not really hungry, but the old man is requesting my company - so needs must when the devil drives!

Totally in love with rhubarb! 450g in cooked weight is big bowl, so off to co-op when it opens, as I fancy some for breakfast. Mixed in with a yogurt is sweet and it's also a superspeed food.
Lunch is smoked salmon salad with royal jersey potatoes, and dinner is quiche with sweet. pepperdew peppers wazzed up in blender with eggs and cottage cheese. Lots of veg going in, and have bought some mini individual tart cases to put in, so handy for work. Will also make big dish and keep for snacking on in fridge, and will be ok if I have a green day.
Another housework morning, changing sheets, sorting out laundry while nobody at home.
Offered to help member to plan her week, but she hasn't replied. I don't think she was willing to make any changes, so makes helping a lot harder. I spent all day worrying about her but am going to stop now as she has to decide if she really does want to lose weight.

Have been super good today.
So far.
No rhubarb anywhere in local shops or green grocers, so had to go back to Sainbo's. Got double, as now have a new addiction.
Shame about the obvious side effects lol.
Cooked up enough for 2 more portions. Got some raspberries in Morrisons as they're only a £1, and some more cherries from gg.
Quiche in the oven. Haven't made mini quiches. Just found out cases have removable bottoms.
Not risking it!

Had 26 in!
But OMG what an awkward evening!
Had one rejoin. This is a lady who has weighed once before in April, and never came back, but has texted me , and phoned me for advice, and sent an excuse every week about why she can't make it.
She turned up, I went through the new member talk with her, and halfway through, another 2 new turned up. I gave them a form to fill out, offered them a tea or coffee, and took the other lady through to rejoin as she couldn't stay,
Got to the pay desk, she had her card, but had left book behind - and said she had no money.
I said "how can I put you through if you can't pay the joining fee?"
"oh, I'll just go and get some from the car!"..............

Went through new member talk again with the other 2 ladies.

In image therapy, had a lady complain her life was too busy to do this. She stayed behind at the end, demanding that I write her down a menu for the week!
I directed her to the interest table, as there was lots of recipes from magazines out, for snacks, and quick easy meals and I'd done a little theme on planning for the week!
She sat on a chair chatting to a couple of people, and then spent 10 mins after my new members had gone, telling me how difficult her life was, how busy, how she nearly hadn't made it, and that's why she wanted me to plan her week for her.
I said,' we're all busy, you have all the tools y'ou need to be able to take a few mins to plan.'
She said she might not come back, and I said, if your weight loss is important to you, then have a think about what you want to do.'

Basically, she could have spent that time, jotting a few ideas down, but she just couldn't be bothered.
Boy, was I fed up and in a bad mood when I got home!

"how did it go tonight, love?" said the old man when I got in.
"Got 26 in, but they do like to ~*%$ me around!" I said.
Just stay out of my way until mum calms down!

Otherwise, a fab night. 2 target awards, a stone and a 2 1/2 stone and silver body magic given out.
The genuinely struggling member, came back having lost weight, ready to plan her week again, and thanked me for helping her. She said I had a
'fabularssss group, young lady! Hard working and inspirational!'
the other lady has only come 3 out of 5 weeks
See, I will do everything I can for those who get to a stumbling block after losing weight and then struggle. But
the other lady has come 3/5 weeks, and not really made an effort to make changes. She expects me to do it for her.
That's not my job. My job is to teach her how to do it for herself!

Drives me mad when people won't help themselves if you want it enough you will put in the time love my consultant she is lovely x you sound like a fab consultant too :D

Her exact words in image therapy were "I haven't read my book, I've been grabbing full fat cheese snacks for the kids lunch boxes for snacks, I'm fed up of ham and tomatoes for snacks. I can't cook anything for the taster, but I'd like to see what every one else does!"
Hey ho!
Thanks Cat. Now I've calmed down I can see that her heart isn't really in it. I've gone through the new member talk with her twice - then it's got to be her choice to pick the book up when she gets home. Simples.

Had my rhubarb - this stuff cures all constipation and bottom problems - apart from an almighty dose of wind! - with vanilla muller light and cup of tea.
Lunch is soup and dinner is quiche and salad. Snacks are raspberries, pomegranates and melon and pineapple.
Haven't done a night shift, so feeling really, really good. So looking forward to giving up nights completely. But must get Monday and Tuesday booked, or I will be in trouble financially :sigh:
Got my shorts on, beautiful sunny day, so the legs are out!

Her exact words in image therapy were "I haven't read my book, I've been grabbing full fat cheese snacks for the kids lunch boxes for snacks, I'm fed up of ham and tomatoes for snacks. I can't cook anything for the taster, but I'd like to see what every one else does!"
Hey ho!
Thanks Cat. Now I've calmed down I can see that her heart isn't really in it. I've gone through the new member talk with her twice - then it's got to be her choice to pick the book up when she gets home. Simples.

When I go off the wagon I tell my con to ignore me til I'm back on it lol

Ummmm cheese on toast.
Munchies big time.
Set the room up for group tomorrow morning.
Looks really good.
Hope there's a few new.
This feels like shades of when I first set up group, I really don't want to be going through this again. Struggling to build group from low numbers.
Only just got my own group going. Feel a bit cheated really, but will honour the weeks I said I will cover. If the numbers are up to 25 or more, I will keep it going until there is a new consultant, if not, I will ask for someone else to take over.

Have got cover for a week off in August, and will return the favour.
That should keep the old man happy.

Hi, you are one busy lady! Just wondered if there were lots of groups near you? My friends a consultant and she struggles a bit, there are another 5 groups in a 10 mile area. How does leafleting work for you? She always gets a few more from that. Just wanted to wish you good luck with your groups x

Yes there are few groups nearby, but quite a built up area, so enough to go around!
Will be working with the consultant nearest to me on the next promotion, so we both cover a wider area.
Leafleting does work, but hand in hand with the other things we do, such as posters, banner and a frame. So those key times are when we get more in. But am still having a trickle effect, from previous promotions,
when I met someone, and the time wasn't right for them then, but are contacting me now to ask about joining.
My numbers are going up, but keeping people is hard, a lot don't have the commitment to stick at something and give up very easily.
Thanks for popping in Strictly, it's lovely to hear from people reading.
I won't be giving up, it may be taking a while, but I now have 3 members get to target and a group I am so proud of, I don't want to let them down.
I will get there, and it will be soon!

Had 3 new this am. 16 total. More posters going out from members. Had feedback from group that they enjoyed it, and one lady rang me to say how motivating it was. She was on hol last wk, so first time with me. Keep singing that song
"what a good feeling!"
Dinner has been spag bol as not enough time to muck about with a bns, and have night duty. Fruit all ready, hope its an easy one. Too tired to work hard!

:)Yay, quiet night ahead - 2 patients on esculation ward. So unless any come up from theatre, that's it!
Can plan the next few days menu's.
Fancy some fish cakes and chips, and something different for lunch. I likes soup 'cos it's quick if it's already made - like today only took 5 mins to warm through. To be honest, I completely forgot about it while I was doing accounts and banking. Will try and get this group built up enough for someone to take over. can cover for 3 months without losing out myself, while on relief, then it falls to whatever members the group numbers are. I won't abandon them, but will not be pushing promotion at the cost of my group, which I am still trying to get built up.

Have some raspberries to use up in the morning, so will have them with a muller light. Then will get menu planning later!

(Tuesday) raspberries and nectarines with activia snackpot, pilchards in tomato sauce on toast, beef stew and mash potato with veg for dinner.
Wednesday orange and grapefruit, salmon fishcakes, SW chips, peas and mangetout for late lunch /dinner after night duty, fruit and yogurt for snacks.
Thursday, galia melon, strawberries and blueberries with muller light, after weigh in - in group for breakfast.
Lunch bacon and eggs,on toast, mushrooms and tomatoes and baked beans. grilled salmon with new potatoes and salad.
Friday, fruit and porridge, lunch, cheese on toast with tomatoes, lentil dahl for dinner (green day)
sat, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, toms and mushrooms, sainsbury's elcs 1/2 syn each, in 2 ww petite pains, dinner - gammon, sw chips, egg and mushrooms.
Sun, weetabix crumbled sundae with fruit and yog, omelette and salad for lunch and roast chicken stuffed with lemon and garlic.
That'll do for now! Hiding the hifi's in shed after group!

Someone nicked my raspberries! So had chopped nectarine in raspberry activia, banana and 3 mini babybel lights.
Sardines instead of pilchards and melon and pineapple.
Nightshift booked on same ward. Taking a bit more food with me as don't want to run out of munchies at 3 in the morning. Back to sleep for round 2!

Might have to rename myself 'badluckbiatch!'
Drove to work, and parked car. Caught tyre on high curb stone which was jutting out. Hisssssssssssssss:(
Got to phone car rescue in the morning. Tyre is punctured and don't have spare, more expense. Old man not happy, nor me.

Quiet night ahead, 3 patients, all going home tomorrow, so will hopefully get out early, so I can sort it out.
Then have raffle to sort out.
Stuck to plan, but feel very bloated and uncomfortable. Feet feel swollen as well -joys of night duty and *week. Heavy hormones! Can feel a big gain on Thursday coming up. Very hacked off tonight - I just want to go to bed!:4635:

Back