Keeping on track as a target member!

Food has been good, apart from the cheese! Sticking with ham and salmon salads. Making a chickpea dahl loaf later. Lots of melon and pineapple. Cherries and grapes and watermelon. Just about to finish night duty, and missed dinner last night as got called out late. So bacon and eggs when I get home from work!

1/2lb off.
1 new member at my group.
Had someone from another group come, who I went over to say hello to.
She said she had joined the week before, but didn't like it, because she was very shy, and she could already see, that she would prefer to come here.
Group went very quickly, and I was home 30 mins earlier than usual!
I'd forgotten to cook myself anything for after group, so I ate a box of peanut heavens!
Annoyed with myself for not being more organised, but want to have a good week, so planning a few days menus before I go shopping.

Got car boot sale and doing a community event to try and get more members.
Daughter is coming to sell a few bit of stuff as well, some of the other consultants are coming along, and if they don't, it will be a promotion for my group!
Have some leaflets from Easter leftover, some old magazines and putting banner and balloons and posters on car. Am also taking some packets of food to show that it's possible to lose weight eating normal food, and a few of my visuals.
Hope it will boost the numbers to get through the holidays.
Next week is last group on relief, and am telling them that I can't do any more after holiday, so I hope there is someone to takeover or the group will close.
My dad wants me to visit with the kids, so will try after hol, but won't be able to if doing relief group, as I can only work certain night shifts.
Complicated! Also need to start planning for Autumn promotion, really need an extra week in the holidays to fit it all in.
What am I doing up at this time!
Nutter!

Galia melon, strawberries and activia raspberry snackpot yog. Bag of cherries and nectarine.
Chicken salad and pear with ml for lunch.
Courgette, tomato and mushroom garlic quiche for dinner.
4.5 syns for bag of chili snacks.
No b choice. 350 ml skimmed milk for tea.
Old man wanted to go to harvester, but may do over weekend.
Long call today to try and work out why retention is bad. Homework when I get a chance.

Sat, had galia melon and strawberries with ml, took cherries and water melon to car boot.
Had 3 hours on my own before other c's showed up, so had a chance to chat with loads of people, and gave away lots of free magazines, had to give the old man a call to bring some more as I was close to running out.
Lady came to collect fee, and said she should be charging £20. I said I wasn't selling anything, just giving away free magazines.
She said, 'Are you? Can I have one?!' spent a few minutes chatting, and just charged me the same as other car booters!
When the others came, I had a chance to nip off to the loo at Morrisons, and bought some bananas, mini baby bel lights and some ham.
We went to Harvesters later, had my usual, just a few syns for small spoon of coleslaw and pot salad, and 1 syn for checz lager at home later.

Had grapefruit and orange for breakfast, smoked salmon salad - lunch and roast pork dinner later.
Will set up group later, but not doing a lot of stuff as last one. Just getting thinking cap on for a nice raffle for them!

Got some rice, red onion, courgettes, mushrooms and garlic and peppers. Quite a lot they could do with that.
Just tried frozen banana for the first time. It tastes like- frozen banana!
May have left in freezer to long-they've gone rock solid!

So it's my last group this morning on relief.
Off I go to tell them they will be contacted by head office about what will be happening with the group next week.
Not looking forward to it.:wave_cry:

Well, I printed off a list of all the local groups in case a consultant can't be found in time. I took every one's number and made sure th Ieir records were updated. I said sorry for not being able to give more positive news and said how much I'd enjoyed their lovely group and wished them good luck with their weight loss journeys.
They all said thankyou, and a few swapped numbers so they could arrange lifts and keep in touch with each other.
Very sad to say goodbye, and I really hope someone new can relaunch the group. On the other hand, tbh I wish I'd not taken it on. Was very hard work for a tiny group. 7 wks of lugging tables and chairs around, all my stuff up and down stairs. Time to concentrate on my own group.

Breakfast, stopping at Sainsbury's on way home from nightshift for rhubarb! Need a food topup. Fancy something different for lunch but not sure what to have. May do a ploughmans type lunch with ww petite pains. That involves a trip to morrisons as well! Some ham cheese and pickle, salad and a few new pot left from last nights dinner. Courgettes mushrooms garlic rice and cooked chicken for later. Need another night shift as going on holiday on Saturday after group. Need to sort out some stuff for relief c on friday before we go and hand over group to her. Trying to work out how best to run Woman of the year comp. Think I will mention we will vote and have taster the week i come back from hol.

450g rhubarb with sweetener and muller light. Have got some strawberries and blueberries for a snack later. Bought strawberries 2 punnets for £2 in Co-op. Bargain!
Lunch is chicken salad, and dinner is stuffed marrow and veggies.
May have to skip weigh in tomorrow so I can pack and get ready for holiday. Didn't work last night, so lots of ironing and cleaning house.
Will need to get raffle prizes later on. Think I will do a mix of fruit and veg, as that always goes down well, and may stick the strawberries in!

Very strange not getting weighed today!
Have got lots done, and very nearly organised.
Got to weigh leaflets into bundles of 100 already for bank hol w/e when I get back, daughter has nicked my scales!
Had galia melon and ml for brekkie and bacon, eggs etc for lunch. Asda veg chilli with rice and salad when I get home from group tonight.

2 new members last night.
I love it when WW members come and sit through the new member talk and are so totally blown away, that I have to spend another 10 mins at the end of group reassuring them that it is possible to eat all that food and still lose weight!
Have handed my group over to other C. very strange to see my group disappear off my laptop.
Just want to get holiday over with. Can't turn off my SW head.

Back from holiday. Enjoyed the break. Missed my group, 1st night off.
Meals have been good while away, I managed to stick to plan eating out fairly well, but I enjoyed a few extra syns, a cream tea and some chocolate and sweets. Not looking forward to tomorrows gain, but need to face the scales and really get back in control.

3 lb on at weigh in. out of target.
Amazing night in group. 25 in. 1 new and 2 target. Woman of the Year was really special, and we had some gorgeous food for the taster.
Having this weekend preparing for leafleting next w/e and new promotion. Hoping I can crack that 30 mark in the coming weeks.
Back on the night shifts Friday and Saturday, and Monday and Tuesday.
Got school uniform and train ticket to buy for daughter, and bills to pay. Oh to win the lottery!

Worked Sat night, and have got 2000 leaflets into bundles of 100. need some more elastic bands to do the rest. Have got some posters printed out, and mags are all ready. Will start dropping this weekend, as it just felt too early before the kids go back to school, and then will do next 2 weekends, and get some posters out early next week. Have got some more on order, and hope they arrive soon. Ad goes in paper soon, hoping the carboot sale event I did earlier will bring me a few new.

Now food, can honestly say this has been my best on track week for months. Only had around 20 syns for the whole week. My A's and B's have been measured, and just been having 1 B, as the extra B is for if you want to maintain-and I don't!
Nothing like going out of target to kick you hard up the arse and sort you properly out!
Having said that, it's also my *week, (probably why I wanted choc last week!) so doubtful if I will lose enough to get back in target. So been on the poop soup and stewed rhubarb again hoping to clear the system out. If you know what I mean!
Could be a wee bit embarrassing working tonight, I can feel the wind building!

My lovely members have rallied round and are helping me with my leaflets.
I took 1000 in, put them on the table with a hifi bar, and about 800 leaflets were taken, which is a massive help.
My mum and dad are coming to stay Friday until Monday, so may not get a lot out this weekend, but may go out for a couple of hours. They are divorced, so in seperate rooms. Mum is unable to travel by herself without help, so they're coming down by train.
Will check dad's weight to see how he's getting on. I think it's more a case of him changing his diet, than losing weight - to get his blood sugar levels normal and healthy - but he does have a bit of a tummy on him! Hopefully, there'll be less need for his diabetic medication, and they can be reduced. Will check he's eating right and still following the plan, and have another try at him joining a club!
The nurse I'm working with tonight, saw me going on the SW website tonight, and asked why I needed to lose weight? i said I run my own group, but I lost 3 1/2 stone. Talked about the food you can have on plan, and she is very interested in joining next week.
Had 3 new last week, but didn't make the 25 again. Have 2 months rent to pay for venue, as was sent July's bill quite late and the school had broken up so was unable to pay. Trying to get some extra night's in, but mum and dad's visit will make that difficult this week. Might squeeze Sunday night in, but will mean working 3 nights on the trot, which I struggle with.

Have been really careful this week, so hoping will be back in target. Will probably have to pay, as when I weighed in at my own group, I went through as a target member. So will go in early, so I don't have to do the walk of shame! I maintained, which was pretty good considering I weighed at end of day, rather than first thing in the morning. I will start keeping up to date with my food diary next week, and will again, be tryin to get to the bottom of my target to allow for gains. Planning to lose slow and steady, and I think as I am quite small, I will try having smaller plates, and a few less syns, and see if that works!

Last edited:
Today has been,
2 Weetabix, skimmed milk, strawberries and a grapefruit.
grapes
Jacket potato with tuna and sweet corn, extra light mayo (1 syn), and salad
2 nectarines and a lemon greek muller light (1/2 syn)
vegetable pasta with loads of courgettes, mushrooms.
Night duty tonight, have melon, grapes and another greek muller light, as I'm out of the normal ones.
so only 2 syns, and used both A and B choices.

Just had a message form one of my members, saying how much she enjoys the meeting, and it's a lovely evening. A huge boost, after 2 of the new members said they didn't enjoy it and it's not for them.
Gutted is not the word for it. I do every thing I can to make new members feel at ease, feel really bad they left feeling that way, and I've given them details of other groups to try and wished them good luck with their weight loss.
Got to stop taking things like that personally, it's not every one's cup of tea, and I know how hard I found it at the start of my journey.
The other members are all saying differently, so I will take on board the comments, and learn from them, but I will also try not get too upset.

I hid all the goodies at the nurses station to avoid temptation; but they are now all stuffing their faces with cheesy curls, danish biscuits, cake and Quality Street.
I have eaten my melon, grapes and yogurt, and 2 cups of green tea, and am trying to resist when they keep offering the cheesy curls!

3 1/2lbs off! Back in target. 8 st 9. Doing the same again this week to try and get to lower end. Find the summer a lot harder than any other time of the year. When the kids go back to school, I have more time to stay focused.
Got daughtrr's Dla form to fill out, son is going to college, so need to sort out so they don't stop child benefit and car has a flat tyre so has gone to get sorted this morning, and need to book car for mot. This is just giving me a reminder!
Group tonight, and doing back to basics to try and get weight losses up again, setting the group a challenge to read their books and try a new B choice every day. And to find a bottle of diet coke with my name on. I've looked everywhere!

Wow, I knew that SW consultants have a busy life juggling work, a family and class/es. But it is not easy is it.

I have been doing sw for some time and try to go every week. Always let know when I can`t. I sometimes have t go to another group due to circumstances I cannot do anything about. My c is always ok with it, but sometimes it is 2 wks on trot. I wonder if it is irritating? Money and all that. Sometimes I go on Sat cause not had a good week. What do you think please. Am I letting her down?

I can`t always stay to end - although I like to - cause dancing class has moved their time to 11am. SW rarely finished by then.

I don`t know what you think, I feel that I can ask cause I don`t know you, but some C`s take a long time with the same people who say the same things every week. If you have not lost and know why how come it takes 10mins to talk about. We want to hear the good stories & weights. We also know that some need more help than others and the class as a whole can help too. Maybe C can`t stop them - in some cases.

Hi nanny Doreen,
I'll try and answer honestly; but this is from my own view point.
I want my members to have good weight losses, and I know if they're not getting good losses - there is a reason why.
Usually, it's because they are not following the plan properly, and it needs a bit of investigation to find out what that is.
It just needs the right question, or for me to pick up on something a member says, that will trigger realising what it is.
Then I have the job of getting that member to make a change so that they will have a weight loss the following week.
Some members just aren't willing to make a change, or see that they aren't working the plan. It's all there in the food optimising book!
Some are more of a challenge to do that than others!
It isn't about the money. It's about commitment to your weight loss, and the members that attend every week and stay to group, are the members that are going to be most successful. You're not letting your consultant down, but you might not be not giving yourself the best chance of losing weight every week, by not staying, or not facing the scales because of a bad week.
I can't help that member if they don't stay. But if they are attending a group somewhere else, at least I can see they are doing their best, and try to help when they do. I always say to members that have had a bad week, well done for staying, what do you think you need to change for the week ahead? That puts the ball in their court, and gets them thinking, so I can move on to the next. But the aim is to deal with it at the time, in group before it esculates out of control.
If someone is genuinely struggling, I do everything I can to help, and if I'm not hitting the spot, ask them to stop behind at the end for a quick chat.

Hope that helps x

Back