Keeping The Weight Off.... secrets to success??

Louloubellehoney

Gold Member
Hi guys... as the title says anyone have any diamond tips and advice?
My biggest fear is re~gaining when I reach goal... and I am determined NOT to give any Lipo doubters the satisfaction of seeing me fail !!
I am still in a quandry as to what to do when I am at goal.... but thats a decision in progress...
Anyone any thoughts on long~term success?
I know there are a few Centruy Club girls who are smashing it... and their advice and encouragement has been priceless. But some more from anyone would be fantastic for ALL of us... don`t you all agree??
Love "n" Stuff Lou xxxx

Hi Lou, as in my reply on your diary, I highly highly recommend reading "Fit for Life" by Harvey & Marilyn Diamond....which is kinda funny as you DID ask for any diamond tips!!!!! X

Ha ha love it Fab Shivie thanks hun..... need Peachy and Dee to put their words of wisdom on here now.... I think it would be a massive help to newbies and oldies together :D:D

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]These may not be Diamond tips..... But my first name is Krystal so you can have these too haha ....

Portion sizes are a big one- it's not complicated just don't over do it

I know this sounds daft but talk to yourself when you are choosing something to eat and really think about if before just diving in.... That will give you time and space to make a better decision.
I.e do you really want that chocolate cake or would a low fat chocolate mousse do the job just the same! (I promise it does). So substitute! When shopping also make low fat low carb choices etc .

On the occasion where you don't want to substitute... It's give and take .... You want the cake..... Get your backside out for a run or a swim .... That's the pay off and it balances out! I still have treats and take out but I also work damn hard to make sure I get rid of it.

If you can find an exercise you enjoy that will make it so much easier because you will want to do it! (I'm considering doing a Jodie marsh!) haha! that's all I have done I've replaced an addiction to food with an addiction to exercise!

These are just new rules we have to learn to live by, we all come from a background of having no rules regarding food where if we wanted it we had it..... And I think we can all agree it just doesn't work. In my opinion I have worked too hard to F**k this up now... I like how I look and how I feel and must admit I am scared of going backwards... But I like that the fear is keeping me in check!

One last thing if you learn the basics of good nutrition and don't devote every waking minute to thinking about food and planning your next meal and weighing portions and obsessing about it .... It all really just comes down to resetting good habits xxx
[/FONT]

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]These may not be Diamond tips..... But my first name is Krystal so you can have these too haha ....[/FONT]

Beautiful! So you literally are a shining example to us all babe! ;)

If you naughty make up for it the next day...

I have a tub of maxitone sculptress, and if I want something from the chippy I have it... But the next day I have a shake day lol

The biggest advice though, seriously !!

Get on those scales...

Don't slide back into the "frightened to get on" feeling... Get on every day if you like... If you see lbs adding to your weight... Do something about it... Straight away...

Good luck, don't be scared xxx

:D:D:D Peachy my darling.... ALL of that makes everything Krystal clear lol :D:D bless you and LURVE your name.... XXX

Ace advice! I was worried too as I've gained before after Lipotrim and would hate that to happen again. Thank you! xx

Great thread....Good advice ladies!
I'm re-feeding in 2 wks time and a little petrified that I will fall back into my bad habbits. I really do not want to undo all my hard work so I'll be purchasing that book to have a good read. I'm also reading 'Eat yourself Slim....and stay slim' By Michel Montignac which is very interesting. I might be over loading my brain with info but I'd rather that than regain!!!

Hi Hun,
Yeah Ive got that book and I`m hopeless at starting a book but then not finishing it! Got a few good books on diet plans and books on overeating etc I must get out and actually read!! Properly!! ;)
one i`m currently pickin up, puttin down... lol... is "Eating Less....Say Goodbye To Overeating" by Gillian Riley... :)

If you naughty make up for it the next day...

I have a tub of maxitone sculptress, and if I want something from the chippy I have it... But the next day I have a shake day lol

The biggest advice though, seriously !!

Get on those scales...

Don't slide back into the "frightened to get on" feeling... Get on every day if you like... If you see lbs adding to your weight... Do something about it... Straight away...

Good luck, don't be scared xxx
I can honestly say after the hellishness that is these diets lol... I will get on the scales everyday!!! Never EVER getting big again!!!

When i was eating losing slow/maintaining... I found that having my treats as an actual treat not an everday occurance was key....

I'd have a take away at the weekend but then was super good in the week....

Trading things also.... Well if I'm having that cake.... I have to go for a run...

Also if eating out say.... Well its starter OR desert...... Or Desert or a couple of glasses of wine....

Alcohol is definately one that piles on unessary pounds.... pound from it and pounds from the crap you then eat...

My other advice would be find an activity/sport that you enjoy!!!!

I honestly think I'll always have to think about what I'm eating but after these diets i am never restricting anything ever again.... Its getting used to better portion sizes lovely!!!

The only thing i will out and out avaid is white bread/pasta/rice as its horrid for making me feel bloated....

Hope my ramble makes a bit of sense!!!

x

I've never been a scales-hopper (maybe that's my problem!) but I'll commit to a weekly weigh-in and post it on my diary each week so y'all can keep me in check!!

Are you going to start a maintenance diary do you think....

x

Might just continue my S&S one...so I can keep skimming through it regularly to remind myself of what I achieved (that's if I do achieve goal, but I just KNOW it's possible!)
Or then again maybe a new one would be better to represent starting a new chapter...ooohh getting excited already. Only 9 weeks to skinny-minniedom!!! :drool:

Last edited:
I've set myself an end point for about 5 weeks from now!!! See how i feel then..... If i'm withi half a stone I'll do that healthy eating!!!

X

Good plan hun, you're sooo close now, it's totally happening!!!!

I cant believe i can see the end... its quite a strange feeling... I can't remember a time when i wasnt overweight!!!

Weird!!! In a good way!! X

None of my siblings have ever been overweight, blessed with lightening-fast metabolism they are, so I can't wait not to stand out as the fat sister anymore! Yippeee!

Back