Total Solution Keeping the weight off

tony85

Hi all, I started my total solution exante diet (600 cals a day) just over two weeks ago, and it's amazing how I have already dropped a stone. I also had some normal food and one/two gin and slimline tonic three times in the past two weeks, I always went for a lean steak and salad to try and keep in ketosis and even though the weight loss didn't happen that day (I weigh myself every morning), I didn't put anything on - so was pretty happy about it.

This changed last night though. I went to a birthday party and decided to let myself go a bit for one night. I had my usual three packs during the day but when I got there I had several gin and slimline tonic (probably 7 or 8 spread across 6/7 hours) which clearly got me drunk by the end of the night. Being drunk however, I also ate - had a small slice of pizza, some no carb prosciutto and cottage cheese that my friend had made for me, but then on the way home we stopped at the fried chicken shop and I had 3 piece of chicken. So I did overdo but I wouldn't say I was binge eating or eat large amounts.

This morning when I weighed myself however, I noticed that I put on 1.3kg (2.8lbs) compared to yesterday. Now, I am not worried about it in itself, as I know I'll lose it again in a couple of days but I am now very worried about when I stop this diet.

If one night only having extra drinks and some fried chicken gained me almost 3 pounds, how will I ever be able to keep the weight off in a few weeks once I start eating again?

Any advice or recommendations from people that have gone through this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Hi all, I started my total solution exante diet (600 cals a day) just over two weeks ago, and it's amazing how I have already dropped a stone. I also had some normal food and one/two gin and slimline tonic three times in the past two weeks, I always went for a lean steak and salad to try and keep in ketosis and even though the weight loss didn't happen that day (I weigh myself every morning), I didn't put anything on - so was pretty happy about it. This changed last night though. I went to a birthday party and decided to let myself go a bit for one night. I had my usual three packs during the day but when I got there I had several gin and slimline tonic (probably 7 or 8 spread across 6/7 hours) which clearly got me drunk by the end of the night. Being drunk however, I also ate - had a small slice of pizza, some no carb prosciutto and cottage cheese that my friend had made for me, but then on the way home we stopped at the fried chicken shop and I had 3 piece of chicken. So I did overdo but I wouldn't say I was binge eating or eat large amounts. This morning when I weighed myself however, I noticed that I put on 1.3kg (2.8lbs) compared to yesterday. Now, I am not worried about it in itself, as I know I'll lose it again in a couple of days but I am now very worried about when I stop this diet. If one night only having extra drinks and some fried chicken gained me almost 3 pounds, how will I ever be able to keep the weight off in a few weeks once I start eating again? Any advice or recommendations from people that have gone through this would be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

It's not real weight (ie fat) it'll be water retention from carbs and salt.

Fried chicken is very high in salt, so you will have retained a lot of water with that.

I have done vlcds before and whilst I've always regained the weight ive lost, ive regained it no faster than if I were doing WW or slimming world...I just struggle to keep weight off!!

Thanks dietninja, that makes me feel a lot better. Let's see if anyone has some tips on how to keep it off in the long run

I wish I did have tips on keeping it off, but you should check the maintainers sections here and in the other boards for good quality advice.

Sadly, I've lost and regained loads of weight at least three times, and this is my fourth 'serious' effort, not including the constant, short-term weight-loss plans. For this reason, I've yet to crack maintaining weight-loss, which is embarrassing at my age! Should know better by now :eek:

just change your food habits & choices i guess, be more aware of what you're eating & take the time while you're on the diet to recognise your eating habits & patterns & relationship with food. its a lifestyle change if you want to lose & maintain. i use shakes still while i'm maintaining & keep to very small portions, low carb low fat, and don't eat after 6pm, and keep active x

Back