Kel & Lou's Weight Loss Thread, Please Join In :-)

Hi huffly, you must have posted as I was typing! Good luck for wi tomorrow, I hope the bars help you want to stop eating. At least you will have something to chew on, and they are chocolate so its all good, good, good!!

Hi all
I've had fab weekend as I did my 1st AAM - it was larger than recommended as I was out to dinner (grilled seabass & greensalad + 2 x sparkly waters), but only had 2 packs.... Today I'm meant to be having 4 packs today but I cant even manage 4 today :confused:..... I've only just had my second pack and its already nearly 6pm!
Rest of week I am having cottage cheese, rocket & watercress for lunch at work....
My current routine is that I split my sweet pack into 2 hot drinks about 11am & 3pm so what I'm gonna do is have first drink earlier about 9.30am have lunch about half 12 then other half pack about 3, that means I can still have my packs for the evening so I've not got ponce about when I get in sorting my food out????
My weight in yesterday morning was 12.7 - which means last week I lost 7lbs!!!! Funny as I did nothing different at all to the previous week, just goes to show how body changes all the time....
Hope you're all doing well - Kel, it def sounds like you were drinking, even a slight tinge on the stix means your in ketosis, its not about it being dark the lighter the better actually... Lou hope your ok, and Lors & Holly xxxx

Hi T4M, well done on 7lbs, thats BRILLIANT. How come you have 4 packs, you don't look though you have far to go on your ticker? You must be v tall!! I'm doing AAM this week and feel like I don't need all my packs. Usually have 1/2 shake or soup in day and 3/4 bar then eat the rest at night, but having to eat full bar and full shake so I am not overloaded at night. Having chicken or quorn bits and broccoli or salad or courgette. Might have chicken and courgette in a chilli soup tonight as had it on Fri night and it was yummy

Hi T4M, well done on 7lbs, thats BRILLIANT. How come you have 4 packs, you don't look though you have far to go on your ticker? You must be v tall!! I'm doing AAM this week and feel like I don't need all my packs. Usually have 1/2 shake or soup in day and 3/4 bar then eat the rest at night, but having to eat full bar and full shake so I am not overloaded at night. Having chicken or quorn bits and broccoli or salad or courgette. Might have chicken and courgette in a chilli soup tonight as had it on Fri night and it was yummy

It was coz I didnt AAM 1 day, I'm only 5ft 6, and still gots 2 1/2 stone to lose!!!!!! That'll get me down to 10st but my CDC's already told me that I will only be allowed to SS until I reach 11st then I must go on 790 - once your BMI drops to 25 below you must 790/810 or above (I think????)....
I'm just having cottage cheese, rocket, watercress and 3 radishes, I'm only half way through and its taking me ages to eat it today.....

Hiya everyone, i have my WI later on today, wish me luck, ill need it as i've not been drinking enough water this week, it's cuz ive been out trying to get things ready for my son's 1st birthday this weekend, too much water and i need to pee all the time n cant get much done. T4M well done on ur 7lb loss, thats great! i get the bars this week am so happy! take care everyone! x

GOOD LUCK HUN xxxxxxx

Hi all!!
Good luck Hufflybug! Sure you will be fine!!

Clare ...so well done on your loss!! you are doing fab honey!!! (in some ways I am so jealous that you are on your first time!! I loved it the first time and was so focused...now any slightest thing pulls me off the wagon!!argh!!)

But I am really pleased for you ...you will be at goal in no time babe!!

Kel babe, if you get to read this, sorry about all your dissapointments yesterday, hoping that the court case gets sorted and you get the results you deserve real soon. Keep up the good work on CD you are doing fab honey the weight is going to be falling off you next week!!!

Me...well as usual I fell off the wagon after 3 really good days last week...but I am still not giving up!
Have been poorly for the past couple of days, had bad tummy, like the rest of the family had then last night one minute I was freezing and then I was burning up, went to bed early with tabs, then woke this am with a raging back ache! Joe was at a freinds today and my other friend took Caleb to the park for a day out so from 10-3 I had no kids..which was lovely, but being like us women are, I did the shopping, washing and all the ironing!!!
Boys in the bath now, and my tummy has just had a huge eruption again!!!(TMI...sorry!!!)

Going to get back on track tomorrow, after a bad tummy I decided to have something solid instead of a pack today so had some toast, but that hasnt worked so I may as well make the most of the few pounds I have lost and go for it tomorrow!

I know it only takes a little bit of effort and will power to get and stay in the zone...all I need to do is focus on the end result!!!

Kel what was it you said.......first to loose a stone..........BRING IT ON GIRL!!!:)

Well huge congrats to you all, you are all doing amazingly well!!! heres to a skinny (er) summer!!!

Hugs to all Louise XXX

Hi Lou - I wish it was my first time, I tried LL 18months ago but ate after 4wks as I was on a long weekend, then everyone in my group was losing me when I was not cheating and they were cheating and losing more - it messed up my head, I never went back and the rest as they say is history... I tried a few re-starts to CD last year, 1 x in the summer and my marriage broke down then again in Oct but my son was hospitalised for a broken elbow which required 2 x ops.
I ended up on anti- D's in Nov due to stress caused by worry, marriage, ate my way though it all ended up half a stone heavier than when I started on LL then grabbed the bull by the horns after the first wk on Jan was out the way.
My GP begged me not to start dieting until meds had kicked in and I was feeling better, it took til Dec and by that time I'd already decided that I wanted to see 2007 out and get my plan in action for Jan 7th 2008 - which is when I started.... I have absolutely no quarms about typing that I WILL NOT STOP TIL I AM AT GOAL! I actually know that I can do it now, I have never ever felt more determined about anything in my life.... Its like a switch has clicked!
.... Oppps sorry if that was a TMI............ xxxxxxxxxxx

WELL.............

I am even more proud of you then honey!!! and in awe of your determination!! You have had a bad yr hon but you are certainly giving all the crap a kick in the pants.......so a big pat on the back for you babe!!

I was again like this last yr when I was dieting for our wedding day. For some reason this time round I lost the plot after the first week and find it very hard to stay focused. I know its only me that can do it and ultimatly me that will benifit in the future for loosing the weight, Vic loves me however I am, so its only me that gets that elation when I fit into smaller clothes etc

Anyway I will not give up and I will get there eventually!
Back to it tomorrow....no more excuses!!
:)
Hugs to you Clare...I know you will get to goal too!!!

Love Lou XX

Hiya Girlies,

Haven't been on for a while as my laptop has been playing up yet again, dunno how many times I have re-installed the wireless router. :mad:

Took me a while to catch up, WOW everyone's weight losses are Smashing, Super, Great.
WELL DONE EVERYONE, KEEP IT UP.. ;)

Well my weight loss on Monday was a crap 1lb, Couldn't understand why as the water I was drinking I could of sunk a ship.

So that pissed me off to start my day then lass at work decides to phone in sick so was there on my own, rushing around like a blue arse fly..
I had to phone my solicitor regarding an offer from the other side which was £10,000, Now my loss of earnings, prescription & all costs etc, in total are nearly £6,000 so they were only paying £4,000 for my injury, they are taking the piss, so spoke to solicitor, basically they are querying my loss of earnings & not prepared to pay the £3100 for my medication as I can get painkillers over the counter for £1 a box, I WAS FUMING..

Anyway she is still waiting for the barrister to put a price on my injury, she asked if I can go to Liverpool to have a conference with her & the barrister as if it goes to court, the barrister wants to see how I come across & if I am strong enough for all the questions, well I always get upset when it comes to my injury as the amount of pain etc I have been thru & still have to suffer in the future really gets to me but If I have to fight I will do what I have to do.

So she said have a think about it & get back to me, Put the phone down & cried my eyes out, Phoned Keith, he said he will take day of work & come with me to Liverpool..

Anyway got back to work, but the more I thought about it the more upset I got, I knew something like this would happen to me, I am so unlucky.. All the salesmen were coming in hugging me asking whats wrong but that made me worse.. :cry:

So on the night me & Keith were going for an early Valentines meal, but the way I was feeling I just ate & ate, :ashamed0005: I had
Potato skins to start with a chilli dip
Chicken Rosemary with Chips for mains
Sticky Toffee Pudding for Dessert..
I felt like a right fat bint afterwards but it made me feel alot better. lol..

Anyway Yesterday I had a follow up appointment with my consultant at hospital thats been cancelled until April, so really wanna lose a stone & a half if I can by then, you never know it might improve my pain..
Had another chat with solicitor told her that I dont wanna go to Liverpool unless I really have to as I have to have a day off work, Keith will have to also as there is no way I would drive to Liverpool & it will cost me a full tank of petrol (£45) which would be out of my own pocket.. She said Cant you get the train, I said I would have to look into it as I havent a clue about timetables etc.. If I went in the car it would take us roughly 6hrs there & back & thats without any traffic jams or roadworks etc.. She sounded quite surprised it was such a distance, dont think she realises where Hartlepool is. lol..

So depending on the value of my claim from the barrister is depending if I take the offer or decide to go to court but meet my barrister first...

God I AM STRESSED!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH.. :mad:

Anyway I feel so much better for writing all that, Sorry for having a moan girls but this claim is really starting to grind me down, I am fed up with it all, I know the 'other side's job is to offer me the lowest price possible & my solicitor to get me the most money possible, to be honest I couldnt give a fook about the money I just wanna be like I was before the accident, knowing I have to live in pain for the rest of my life pisses me right off..

Well girls I wanna thank you all deeply for being here to listen, I know you probably read this & think 'awww it's getting boring now kel' lol...
But at least I feel better.. ha ha..

But from now on I am not gonna let my upset affect my diet & fall off the wagon, I want to do this & will do this although I wont be drinking 6l a day again as I didnt benefit at all from that last week.. :mad:

Hugs to all you sexy ladies.. xxx

Lou - Thanks for being there chick..
Bring on that 1st challenge.. :D

there is no way it would ever get boring listening to someone chat on!!! Its very unfair the way they are trying to palm you off with a small amount of money, this is a long term injury she has caused and she/her insurance should be paying for it!! You stand your ground honey...........it will be so worth it in the end babe!!

Big hugs and kisses to you babe!!!

Had a good day today sun was shining again so we were out for another trip to the park!!lol
Have had water ..but need to have more later, have had banana tetra, salad at lunch, with a bar and then soup tonight,
Feeling good !!!!
Disney in 23 days!!! yippee!!!!

Hope you have all had a good day, the sun defo changes your mood!!:)
Hugs to all Lou XX

Oh Kelly - you poor girl! I am exactly the same, when I get stressed and things are out of my control its always been the same I STUFF & STUFF, not just for an evening but for days and days on end - well, I should re-phrase that really and say ''used to'' (hopefully).... So well done for over-indulging for the evening and not carrying it on and on and on!

Lou - well done hun... Bet you can wait Disneys just over 3 wks away!

Huffly - hope you're ok!

Lors - hope your ok too!

Bobbin & everyone else - hope you all have a good day girlies xxxx

Hi girls
Very quick one to keep you up to date. Lost only a quarter of a pound last night. Week has been hellish :( i am beyond stressed out (at one point even had the shakes, and have had numerous bursts of tears), and the other night i just wanted it all to go away.

Its a mix of good and bad (trying to sell house, waiting to see if vendor has officially accepted offer on the place we want, car getting mangled and Morrisons wont claim liability - now in hands of lawyers, totally stoney broke and trying to think about mortgages and stuff, cat came home with a hole in his side....list goes on...), and i know at the end of it it will all SO be worth it, but right now my head is mince :(

When i counted my packs this morning (not including new weeks worth i got from my CDC last night) i had 23 left. Have hardly eaten, and have definitely not got my fluids in anywhere near enough. Have had my AAMW meal 5 days out of 7...

Urgh. All so so stressy. Sorry for miserable post, but didnt want to just NOT post and not keep you guys up to date.

This week will be better, just got to screw my head back on...

Hope everyone is well, and will post again soon

Huggles
Lors x

Oh goodness, sorry life isn't the greatest Kel, Huffly and Lors. Wish I could do something to help cheer you all up and make things better, but feeling wound up and in a bad mood myself today. Got Fri and Mon off work which should be good, but just stressing about how much I have to do today and when I get back. I shouldn't let work grind me down, but it does and just feel like having a big cry today. Valentines day and OH in London, then going out for a meal with some of the people he is meeting, so even though we don't celebrate it, I'll still feel lonely till he gets home. Keep missing everyone as PC is slow at home so usually try and pop on at lunch or before I leave work. I really hope everything gets sorted out with you all, and life gets sunnier as well as the weather.

hiya all,

cheer up evryone it could be worse!!!!! you could be fatter! lol x x

I mean all of you are soo strong and with all this upset still loosing weight so think of the positives in your life and bugger the negatives for now!

well done to you all and Kel a pound is a pound mate!!!!

I don't know how you would get to liverpool i don't think there is a train anywere near direct it would be a few changes and would probably cost a lot.. we drove it last year to fly for a holiday and it took us about 2 hours to get to the airport, not bad really. but like you say if your back is bad anyway and considering the circumstances i don't think you should be expected to drive all that way!!! Why not see if they would meet half way, say Leeds or somrewhere!! Anyway hope youget sorted.

As for the diet, not going too bad still not 100% but doing ok. I am meeting with a new CDC on Sunday so will weigh then, last weighed last monday night so hoping for about 7-9 pounds will be over the moon with that then it's back to it 100%.

Have got that much coming up this year, like i said before a wedding in July in Ireland and we have just found out about another wedding in the family onMay 31 and the hen night is May 24th so that is my first target, especially as we are all getting t-shirts printed with smutty names on.,... i would looka right prat at the minute!!!! lol x x x

speak later x x

Hi girls
Very quick one to keep you up to date. Lost only a quarter of a pound last night. Week has been hellish :( i am beyond stressed out (at one point even had the shakes, and have had numerous bursts of tears), and the other night i just wanted it all to go away.

Its a mix of good and bad (trying to sell house, waiting to see if vendor has officially accepted offer on the place we want, car getting mangled and Morrisons wont claim liability - now in hands of lawyers, totally stoney broke and trying to think about mortgages and stuff, cat came home with a hole in his side....list goes on...), and i know at the end of it it will all SO be worth it, but right now my head is mince :(

When i counted my packs this morning (not including new weeks worth i got from my CDC last night) i had 23 left. Have hardly eaten, and have definitely not got my fluids in anywhere near enough. Have had my AAMW meal 5 days out of 7...

Urgh. All so so stressy. Sorry for miserable post, but didnt want to just NOT post and not keep you guys up to date.

This week will be better, just got to screw my head back on...

Hope everyone is well, and will post again soon

Huggles
Lors x

Awww Huge Hugs your way Hun, You sound so stressed out & rightly so You have alot on ya plate, I just hope things are alot easier for you very soon.. ;)

We're here if you need to chat..

x

hello everyone, im sorry, but i also need a lil moan also. as u all know its my son's 1st birthday on friday and his dad (cheating, loser!) hasn't sent him anything, not evn a card, he hasn't evn sent me any money to help with the party, i don't know why i thought he would wen all he's done for kairo since he was born was buy him som blankets, which i told him to buy, and one toy for xmas which i had to force him to buy. i just feel for my boy having such a usless selfish dad! (moan ova

Awww that's shocking, I would have a moan if I was in that situation.. Poor Bairn.

Good job he has a fantastic mam to make up for his useless selfish dad... ;)

hiya all,

cheer up evryone it could be worse!!!!! you could be fatter! lol x x

I mean all of you are soo strong and with all this upset still loosing weight so think of the positives in your life and bugger the negatives for now!

well done to you all and Kel a pound is a pound mate!!!!

I don't know how you would get to liverpool i don't think there is a train anywere near direct it would be a few changes and would probably cost a lot.. we drove it last year to fly for a holiday and it took us about 2 hours to get to the airport, not bad really. but like you say if your back is bad anyway and considering the circumstances i don't think you should be expected to drive all that way!!! Why not see if they would meet half way, say Leeds or somrewhere!! Anyway hope youget sorted.

As for the diet, not going too bad still not 100% but doing ok. I am meeting with a new CDC on Sunday so will weigh then, last weighed last monday night so hoping for about 7-9 pounds will be over the moon with that then it's back to it 100%.

Have got that much coming up this year, like i said before a wedding in July in Ireland and we have just found out about another wedding in the family onMay 31 and the hen night is May 24th so that is my first target, especially as we are all getting t-shirts printed with smutty names on.,... i would looka right prat at the minute!!!! lol x x x

speak later x x

Cheers Hun, ;)

You are gonna be busy this year lass, so you have huge incentives to lose weight, I am sure your weightloss is gonna be fab this week..

Fingers crossed, keep at it, :D

By the way

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!

Hope it's a good one.... ;)

xx

Evening all, how are you all?? Yiipppeeee its Friday - thank god!! Well lost another 2.5lbs yesterday which takes me up to 18lb in 3 weeks which I am soooo pleased with. My period finally came today nearly one week late (my husband did some sweating, I can tell you???) and I feel fantastic! My hair is glossy, my nails are growing which they haven't done for ages, my skin is glowing and I just feel......... wow! :talk017:

Hows everyone else tonight?

Back