POSITIVES THREAD - Please join in everyone welcome :)

JackieN

One day at a time, one step at a time
Hi

I've created this thread for us to record 3 positives each day (or more if you have them) They don't have to be food/diet related it can be anything you are grateful for or feel happy/positive about.

Positives prime the mind. For example you decide to buy a car. You suddenly see that make and model everywhere and feel everyone has them but actually you have primed your mind to look for them. If that makes sense. So by finding something positive on the hardest days its primes our mind to look for the little things each day :)

Positives can be very powerful give it a try !

If its been a hard day it might be a positive to have not turned to chocolate, to have had a cuddle with your child, or your child/friend/other half complimented you. For me a positive can be that I saw my little granddaughter Lili. Have a go, go on humour me :) Let's make 2017 our year to try to see something good, no matter how tiny, in each day.

So I'll start us off mine for today are

1) Stayed up to see the new year in with my family and we all played monopoly it was fun

2) Realised I only drank water all evening yet still enjoyed the evening

3) Charlie went out for lunch with her big brother and his girlfriend (something she wouldn't have done a few months ago as she suffered severe anxiety and panic attacks. This made me proud and happy

4) Didn't eat the whole tub of celebrations just a handful!!

Heres to a fab 2017
loads of love
Jackie xxxxx

I travelled back home today so not really got any but

1/ I have done all the washing and drying. Usually I leave it for the following day or two.
2/I didn't make an excuse to go to the shops.I usually go to get cakes which I don't need.
3/I made sure bags etc were all packed away before I sat down.
4/ I had pizza and chips for dinner. Only a handful of chips instead of a plateful.

Today's positives.
1/ I walked to Sainsburys instead of taking the car. 1 mile each way.
2/ I weighed my cereal and milk out where as before I would just pour it into the dish.
3/I walked to aldi for something to do.It is 1.3 miles each way.

Fab positives Mary :)

Mine for today

1) Rested my poorly foot and its feeling so much better so can start my 500+ miles for 2017 tomorrow :)
2) I ate breakfast rather than skip it and ate less today because of this
3) Listened to my slimpods last night in bed (trying to make it a habit again)
4) Served myself a smaller tea and felt satisfied

1) I organised my storage cupboard, putting stuff on free cycle and throwing out rubbish. This made room for the Xmas tree and decorations to be stored properly.

2) carried my suitcase upstairs. Its been ages since I've been able to carry myself, and a resonably heavy item up the stairs

3) Organised the books I want to read this month, ensuring they are together on the bookshelf and so easy to find

1) I organised my storage cupboard, putting stuff on free cycle and throwing out rubbish. This made room for the Xmas tree and decorations to be stored properly.

2) carried my suitcase upstairs. Its been ages since I've been able to carry myself, and a resonably heavy item up the stairs

3) Organised the books I want to read this month, ensuring they are together on the bookshelf and so easy to find

well done! and thank you for joining in :) I find positives very powerful and hope you will too :) xxx

Only got two today.:(

1/ Went for a walk after reading Jackie had already done her walk first thing this morning. So it inspired me to go out.
2/ I done the housework before 8 am. Usually I put it off as I have all day to do it.

1) talked to my new boss, and agreed an earlier start date. So I now start my new role next week

2) mornings are getting lighter. When I woke up this morning at 7.30am it was practically light.

3) did an online grocery order, with lots of yummy food and some new soups to try

Two is better than none Mary :) any positive is good especially on a day thats hard to find them :)

Brilliant positives Buffy :)

Mine for today
1) listened to my Slimpods in bed again
2) got up early even though didn't sleep well
3) managed my first two miles of the 500+ miles in 2017 challenge. I found it much harder than I expected but I did it
4)I left quite alot of my tea as wasn't hungry due to cough

1/ I walked the long way to the Dr's. Didn't take the short cut.
2/ I portioned up my dinner so I have some for lunch tomorrow and didn't just eat the whole lot tonight.
3/I showered first thing this morning instead of wasting time before doing it.

I couldn't think of anything yesterday that was positive.But then it came to me this morning .................................

1/ I posted 2 parcels off. One didn't need to go until today(Friday) but I went out a second time yesterday to post it.
2/ Sorted out paperwork that has been gathering dust for a year..Filed some, shredded some.
3/I portioned out my (large) dinner again so I have some for lunch today.

I couldn't think of anything yesterday that was positive.But then it came to me this morning .................................

1/ I posted 2 parcels off. One didn't need to go until today(Friday) but I went out a second time yesterday to post it.
2/ Sorted out paperwork that has been gathering dust for a year..Filed some, shredded some.
3/I portioned out my (large) dinner again so I have some for lunch today.
and these are the days we need to find them so well done! They are always there we just as humans get so entwined in the negative that me miss them :) xxxxx

Positives for yesterday:

1) Renewed my car tax all by myself (first time)
2) Managed to exchange a Christmas present for a new Mac Lipstick
3) Went swimming in the evening, even though it was cold and my car was frosted over

xx

all the little positives soon add up :) well done! xxx

1) My gran had a hospital scan yesterday, and for the first time she got transport provided, so was able to get to and from the hospital easily. She's 90, and can't walk far (due to age rather than a specific disability), so even walking from a car park to the right department of a hospital is too much. Hospital provided transport though meant she was treated like a VIP and had a wheelchair waiting for her. I'm so glad she got treated well, and means the next visit to get the scan results will cause less anxiety and stress for her.

2) Today I am wearing a jacket I haven't worn in 2 years because it didn't fit. Now it looks great.

3) I got my TOM last night. It's positive though, as since being on plan I have found them much less painful, and generally easier to manage.

1) My gran had a hospital scan yesterday, and for the first time she got transport provided, so was able to get to and from the hospital easily. She's 90, and can't walk far (due to age rather than a specific disability), so even walking from a car park to the right department of a hospital is too much. Hospital provided transport though meant she was treated like a VIP and had a wheelchair waiting for her. I'm so glad she got treated well, and means the next visit to get the scan results will cause less anxiety and stress for her.

2) Today I am wearing a jacket I haven't worn in 2 years because it didn't fit. Now it looks great.

3) I got my TOM last night. It's positive though, as since being on plan I have found them much less painful, and generally easier to manage.

so pleased to hear about your Gran :) so she should be treated like a VIP :) fab positives and well done on the jacket.Bottle that feeling and there will be lots more of them :) xxx

so positives today are
1) Up early
2) 2 miles with Lesley Sansone even though still abit chesty but I did it
3) Listened to my slimpods in bed
4) Had a smaller lunch
5) ate a couple of chocolates and carried on with what I was doing rather than secretly scoffing the lot and hiding the evidence
6) smaller tea and enjoyed my salad

Yesterday..........

1/ Done my ironing even thou it was only 3 items. I usually keep it until I have more.
2/ Went to work feeling ill instead of ringing in sick.

Today............
1/ I didn't get annoyed when something didn't go right. Usually I would shout and scream.
2/ Had pizza and chips for dinner. Handful of chips instead of plateful.

1) tried quark for the first time. I'd never heard of it, but saw it on this forum so decided to try. Delicious and so low calorie

2) my sister gave me a video tour of her new kitchen today. They've been renovating their house for months, and had periods without water. Now its finished and looks amazing. So happy for her.

3) planned my meals for the week and realised I don't need to do another grocery shop until next weekend. I hate grocery shopping so do as much as possible online. But having done a stock take, I have enough frozen stuff, and the fresh stuff will last a few more days

Last edited:
Back