Kellmo's Atkins attempt

Put Cadbury caramel in bin and cover with something yucky! Hang in there - shape so much more important than scales! Ps I can't have peanuts or peanut butter in the house as they trigger my cravings - luckily other nuts ok phew!

It's back in the cupboard, and I'll not eat it!

It's a vicious circle with me, I'm heavy and so I eat. How have I gained 4lbs since I last weighed? Does atkins work for me??

Don't panic kell, if you were going to have a little binge (and I wouldn't even call it a binge) then you picked the right thing! Just leave your dinner till later and call it all your snacks for the day or something.

And yes Atkins does work, but you have to stick to it really properly, some people handle even small amounts of carbs badly, PLUS as everyone else says, you could be putting on muscle from all the exercise. If you stick with it, you will lose, you know you will. Where did Saturday fruit come from? Unless you're doing pre-maintenance you probably shouldn't have that. Try a week of strict induction from tomorrow (with no nuts, LOL) and report back - I bet you anything you like that you'll lose.

Right, ok thanks.

Yeah I didn't have anything else until my tea (chicken veg kebabs with salad and houmous at my sisters).

Drank lots of water and I'll go back to strict induction this week. 3 meals, 1 muffin and that's it. The fruit was because I didn't have any legal snacks on me and was ravenous - I did have a lot of fruit and nuts.

Back on it tomorrow.

Thank you all so much for your support xx

Good on you Kell. I'm great at giving advice. If only I was that good at taking it! :sigh:

Rapid weight gain generally = water weight

clean and green ( proper induction - no nuts no fruit, lots of healthy fats) and lots more water to flush it out.

will whoosh off as soon as it went on.

Dont forget exercise is great but it's not kind to us on the scales - measuring is a much better reflection of success xx

Dearest Kellimadoodaah... You're so hard on yourself. The number on the scale doesn't show you everything. Personally my scales go up and down but you have to look at the down trend not just one weigh in. You are smart, funny and gorgeous AND bang tidy, please don't let a little blip upset you so. X x x

Dearest Kellimadoodaah... You're so hard on yourself. The number on the scale doesn't show you everything. Personally my scales go up and down but you have to look at the down trend not just one weigh in. You are smart, funny and gorgeous AND bang tidy, please don't let a little blip upset you so. X x x

Dearest Jellie,

How come you're so funny and garlic growing and amazing? Ahhhh thanks my darling. I KNOW the scales have a strange affect on women don't they??

I know I should be ignoring them but it's just so hard. I do need to lose 10lbs to get back to being comfortable on my skin and clothes but I must admit I am really liking my curves at the minute (proper feminine curves cos of shred and not just er, back fat!)

I am such a tart. I have bought some over the knee boots today!!! They're amaze!!! Feel super sexy and all powerful in them!

Right. On track for a good week this week- lotsa water and healthy fats and minimal cheese thank you very much!! Xx

Love the sound of those boots! Fab.

I've really got to get my a into g this week. Had a right bad weekend! Literally eaten and drunk loads. Hungover today! Was oddly less on the scales today. See what I mean about my weird scales! We will see what they say tomorrow! Haven't made breakfast muffins. Naughty jellie...

Love the sound of the sexy boots Kellmo - are they to go with the lovely skirt you were looking at last week??

i've got a pair of gorgeous boots in the wardrobe just waiting until I can squeeze my fat calves into them lol xx

They are. But I'll have to wear a very plain top that shows zero flesh with them or I could end up looking like an adult film star!!! They're so gorgeous!!

Well done on doing so well in the shred, you're doing fab! I am with everyone else, you've lost 4 inches from hips n waist and you yourself see the difference, pardon my French, but screw the scales!

Enjoy you sexy boots and curvy body, weight is such a rubbish indicator of how we look, remember yourself how you felt when you were skinny on Dukan!? You seem you're in a good place at the moment, enjoy it.

Anyhoo, I think you're amazing and maybe better to ban/hide/destroy scales in a controlled explosion and look again in a month? x

Aw thanks very much Toni! I do see now I do atch need to lose weight and this has been a rather rude kick up the bum! I need to weigh to see if atkins is working but I don't want to because it's just depressing! Some 10 tops are feeling tight and I am so scared of going back to where I was that I think I will always need to check my weigh regularly :-(

So this week is back to induction - good as gold and lots of water. I've now got Uni assignments looming and so food will be functional and I will be away from the kitchen (chained to my desk!)

Thanks again,

Kell

I'm with you! Oh to fit into size 10 tops again! I stood on the scales this morning which made me feel shitty :-( measurements better though!
Trying to stay clean and green, no sf sweets or mims. Keeping it simple :) x

Good on you kells, hope the uni work keeps you focused and makes the diet easier. :)

Thanks

Today's food was

3 egg omelette and 10g cheese

Prawn and mayo salad (all I could get at Uni)
2 bottles diet dr pepper

Lots of water

Tea - chicken stuffed with garlic cream cheese, wrapped in prosciutto + mim with full fat cream cheese. 2 slices smoky cheese

Handful pork scratchings and a salami stick. (This could have quite easily been chocolate and cake!!!) I took myself to bed before I caved!

4 cups of tea and more water.

Shattered after day at Uni!!!

Kell xx

Ah Hun scales are evil things x (almost glad I am still to fat for mine) I agree it must be water x but bravo on just getting head back into the zone x and curves sound great!! Ever better with amazing boots x

I think I'm having some kind of early mid life crisis. 32 years old, over the knee boots and er, amorous???!!

Sorry if TMI!

Ah Hun scales are evil things x (almost glad I am still to fat for mine) I agree it must be water x but bravo on just getting head back into the zone x and curves sound great!! Ever better with amazing boots x

Thanks Meg x

They are the work of Beelzebub. Grrrr.
Why can't they just be nice? Understanding???!!

Back