Kellmo's Atkins attempt

Water, water, water - get glugging and here's a hand back on the wagon;)

Ooh today has been HARD. I shredded yesterday and got so hungry, I caved again and had bread, poppadoms and even rice with all my family. Then fruit and apple like and ice cream!!

So.

Monday (today) was a fresh start and WOW did I crave carbs and sugar. I resisted though.

Breakfast - mim and cream cheese
Lunch - prawns and salad with mayo
Tea - leftover Thai chicken curry
Snack - (cos I was starving) chicken breast with pesto cream cheese and Serrano ham

Treat - chocolate ganache and whipped cream.

Considering all I wanted to do was raid the kids treat cupboard I did surprisingly well!
Hopefully the carbs will be out of my system tomorrow and I can get back on track properly.

Kell x

Well done for getting back on it today! I was starving today too!
Agree with Mel, so jealous about the poppadoms, a few onion bhaji's thrown in too would be heaven!!!
Sometimes a carb blow-out is whats needed - lots of articles on carb cycling (though not sweeties)
Lots of water to flush it all out and you will be sorted xx

Good on you Kell. It's soooo hard sometimes, but getting back on the wagon straight after is what counts, and you're already one day in! :)

Hi! Yeah back on and less of a bumpy ride today.

Eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch, bacon and steak for tea. 2-3 days of pure protein before I introduce the fat and veg xxx

Well done - hang in there:)

I've come up to bed to avoid the kitchen - will drink lots of water, have a hot bath and return!

Can't do shred as just, ugh, can't face it - far too tired. Early night and hopefully up in the morning for it! Xx

Thanks for all your help and support guys, means a lot! I WANT to be in this very naughty outfit for Halloween so that's spurring me on !!

Well done for getting back on the wagon!! Xx

Thanks everyone. Man today has been hard. Feel so tired and went for a lie down, I woke up with pains in my belly I was do hungry so I made a sweet mim and hacd it with cream cheese. As I was making it my daughter was eating a freshly toasted panini with best butter, could have nyammed (Jamaican phrase!) that there and then!

But I stuck to my mim and I had to pin myself to the couch to stop myself going for the cakes/toast/fruit. Came to bed again in the end.... Hate carb hangovers.

:-(

Onwards and downwards today. Breakfast - omelette with cheese (10g ish) Dinner. -chicken , prawn and surimi dip with extra prawns. Lots of carbs in that (about 14) but plan on no more and I do feel full up. Lots of water and black tea

Tea. - steak and courgette done in butter

Snack - smoky cheese and ham with cheese sticks

Last edited:
Back