Kellybellys Diary :)

karra

Loser ;)
Hello Everybody :)

My name is Kelly and I'm 22 years old. I have started a few threads on here but reading them back they're all so negative. So this is my new, improved, more positive diary telling the story of my weight loss journey because believe me, this time I will be making that journey.

I currently weigh 16st 5lbs and I'm 5ft 4in tall. I haven't always been fat; I went through a chubby stage when I was about 14 and so I decided to diet. But the teenage way of dieting means eating next to nothing and excercising vigorously. At one point I went down to just over 7st and I looked awful. Gradually I started eating a bit more and by the time I was 16 I weighed around 9st 7lbs, which suited me physically, although I still had an unhealthy attitude to food- it would be the all or nothing approach, bingeing followed by cutting right down. Looking back, one of my best friends at the time contributed a lot to the way I looked at food. She was later admitted to an eating disorder clinic.

Anyhow, I stayed at a healthy weight til I went to college until tasty canteen food and long free periods led to massive weight gain and when I went to university in 2005 I weighed 14st 7lb. Shortly after I started university,my childhood sweetheart finished with me for a thinner model, and heart of hearts I know my weight contributed to his decision.

I have continued to gain weight in the last 3 years until I have reached 16st 5lbs. My bf loves me the way I am, fat or thin, but I don't feel like me any more so this is why I'm doing this for me. Not so people don't call me 'fat' or 'massive' any more, which they have been, but so I can be who I want to be.

In the past I have made the mistake of waiting to be thin to start my life but that is insane! I'm not hiding away any more, I'm going to live my life and when I'm thin I'm just gonna carry on living it. So people can say what they want because I don't care any more. It's my life and it's not my problem they want to waste theirs *****ing about other people. If I want to go out and dance like no-ones watching and sing like nobody can hear me I will!

So ladies, let's party :)

(PS sorry this was so long I got a bit carried away lol)

Welcome Kelly. I LOVE your attitude :D You will certainly do well thinking in that way. I wish you all the luck in the world! x

Hi Kelly. Great new thread and a great positive attitude. So many of us put our lives on hold because they think life will start once they are thin.

Enjoy life now and enjoy losing weight xx

know how you feel about free periods at university! good luck with your weight loss - are you going to classes or going alone or what? xxx

Nice to see you back babe. Good luck! Onwards and downwards! You can do it xxx

Thanks every one :)

Blackwidow, I'm going it alone as my shifts at work mean going to meetings will be hard. Well, my sister is doing WW on her own as well so we will get weighed together on a Saturday morning so I've got some moral support.

I have had an ok first day, I went a couple of points over but I'm not panicking because thats normally what makes me spiral off into bags and bags of crisps hehe. I had WW chicken tikka for tea with 2 waffles and it was gorgeous my OH was sniffing for a bite but it was a case of 'Touch my food, feel my fork!' Haha.

My positivity has continued today helped greatly by the fact that its payday :) I'm off into town in a bit to buy all my fruit and veg I'm gonna make a big pan of veg soup and take some to work with me. Gosh, just call me Mrs Weightwatchers! xxxx

Thanks every one :)

Blackwidow, I'm going it alone as my shifts at work mean going to meetings will be hard. Well, my sister is doing WW on her own as well so we will get weighed together on a Saturday morning so I've got some moral support.

I have had an ok first day, I went a couple of points over but I'm not panicking because thats normally what makes me spiral off into bags and bags of crisps hehe. I had WW chicken tikka for tea with 2 waffles and it was gorgeous my OH was sniffing for a bite but it was a case of 'Touch my food, feel my fork!' Haha.

My positivity has continued today helped greatly by the fact that its payday :) I'm off into town in a bit to buy all my fruit and veg I'm gonna make a big pan of veg soup and take some to work with me. Gosh, just call me Mrs Weightwatchers! xxxx

Ah, Mrs Weightwatchers indeed! You sound so determined Kelly, thats brilliant!x

sounds like you've got everything planned - great! good idea about weighing together for the moral support - all my friends / family are skinny apart from me, so my moral support is from here :)

and i love payday.. its sad but on payday i always do my food shopping as i tend to run low on absolutely everything towards the end of the month (especially low point foods!) and then after if i've had a good month i might head into the Metro Centre for some retail therapy (small, cheap retail therapy but hey, racks up some exercise points walking round all the shops.. and i'm sure i lose half a pound every time i look at price tags in Karen Millen haha :p)

good luck with the rest of your week.. for some reason I can smell curry now youve mentioned Chicken Tikka.. LOL :D

Karra, I think we can all relate to your story especially the 'waiting to be thin to begin living' thing...We're here for you, best of luck on your journey x

Well said! Big blonde and beautiful!! (I love that song from hairspray!!)
good luck honey xx

Morning ladies thank you for all your support :)

Had another ok day yesterday, still feeling like I can do this. Seems like my new zest for life is paying off because I've been invited to 2 nights out, a house party and a jaunt to amsterdam! woohoo!

The first of which is a fancy dress party on friday and I'm going as a witch. Before I would have not bothered dressing up but I thought what the hell I'm gonna be drunk anyway! Its the OHs brothers party and there are always copious amounts of cocktails and yummy food so I'm just going to cut down until then and enjoy myself.

I'm going to Amsterdam around 25th November (if I can get the days off work) so hoping to lose a good few lbs before then. I've never been before I'm excited to see Anne Frank's house I've always wanted to go.

On another positive note I had a review at work yesterday and my boss thinks I'm flying through my probation which is great :). On a less positive note the cheese sandwiches in the works canteen are gorgeous and I've got a definite hankering for one today....

Hope you are all having a lovely day xxx

Sounds like you're having a lovely day Kelly. You'll have to let me know what Anne Frank's house is like; I've always wanted to go too.

aww it sounds like your doing fine at the mo! .. Ive always wanted to go to Amsterdam! and ann franks house! sounds like a wonderful time ahead! ...
I hear so many people talking about their love of cheese and how it hampers their weight loss! i am so glad i hate cheese LOL

aww it sounds like your doing fine at the mo! .. Ive always wanted to go to Amsterdam! and ann franks house! sounds like a wonderful time ahead! ...
I hear so many people talking about their love of cheese and how it hampers their weight loss! i am so glad i hate cheese LOL

Haha I love it. I don't eat meat so i eat loads of cheese.

(PS I take the chicken bits out of the tikka lol)

lol you fusspot - you remind me so much of my friend she has identical eating habits! :D

hope you enjoy Amsterdam - i have been once but I was only there 3 hours as it was a ferry trip for a friends 21st. Needless to say i spent most of the time feeling ill (not just from the rocky ferry haha! :p) and so didnt get to see much while we were there..

i love cheese too, and working on a delicatessen does NOT help my cheese addiction haha! :) good luck for today - hope you manage to avoid the cheese sandwich! x

Back