Kelly's 1st pregnancy diary

Hi all, had my 38 week check up and my midwife has referred me to have a growth scan on monday as I have been above the chart. On the plus side an extra scan to see our baby! Yay. I'm not really sure what will happen if baby is too big what happens?
Have bought everything apart from steriliser now, I have got to find one that will hold the Medela bottles as I ended up getting the Medela swing breast pump. I believe the tommie tippee will hold them I just have to check.
Anyway yet again I am knackered and ready for bed.
Take care all.
Kelly

Hi hun, the avent microwave steriliser holds medela bottles as I've been using it for the medela mini pump

Hi, thank you. Will take a look.
Take care
Kelly

My baby is measuring above the chart too, my son was 9 lbs so Id say this baby will be about the same. They might induce you a bit earlier if they think the baby is getting a bit too big, but they didnt with my son and they knew he was on the big side.

Oh right, I'd be kind of glad of being induced at least I will have a date to see our baby. I would rather be on his own accord though. How you feeling. Almost there now. X

I'm feeling grand, excited and nervous at the same time. Not long now, thankfully.

Well turns out the consultant said our baby was a healthy 8-9lbs and didn't know why I was transferred over to him. He said I should try vaginal delivery before cesarean as this is my first. I kind of felt like I wasted his time but I was also grateful I got to see our baby on scan again. So I'm happy.
I also can't believe that my due date is in 9 days, next weds! Omg, so excited! X

Oh well due date today but he not here. We are soo excited to meet him we can hardly wait. He will be here within 2 weeks I suppose. :)

I'm still hanging on! I have a sweep booked for Wednesday and I've been booked in to be induced next Tuesday if he still not here by then. Just trying to chill as much as I can now before he arrives. Well I seem to be doing things round house I have been putting off.
Hope he will be here soon. X

I just read your whole thread, Kelly. :D I'm really excited for you!! I'm going to keep checking back for updates.

:heartpump:

Mandy

Well baby should be here soon, my waters broke at 1am and I have now started to get really bad cramps which I'm hoping is contractions! Was told to stay at home and ring my midwife at 9 when she starts working. I'm trying to sleep but can't probably had about 4 hours sleep max but excited we get to meet him soon.
I'll keep you posted.
Kelly x

Yay I had a beautiful baby boy at 15.40 weighing 7lbs 14oz. Still not decided on name yet.
I can't believe he has arrived and everyone is shocked he came so quickly. My midwife came out at 9.30 and said I was 2cm and that just stay at home. Then I was starting to be sick and I called her back and by 1.15 she said I was 4cm. She said take my time and head to hospital. We got there at 2ish and by 3 I was screaming I wanted to push, so they examined me to find I was fully dilated! They were all shocked as i had casually walked in and they thought it would be a few hours yet. Good job I didn't wait too long to get to hospital. By 3.40 he was here getting all the attention!
He has been really quiet too, he has had a breastfeed and fell asleep with daddy while I was showering at 5ish and he is still asleep!
Which is what I want to catch up on now but way too excited to sleep.
Well I must try, so goodnight all.
Kelly x

Congratulations honey about your gorgeous little boy, fab news!!

Back