Kerrys weight loss journey

Joes Sausages are fab! Had a few deliveries from them, sausages, burgers, chicken steaks, spicy steaks etc - all delicious!

Enjoy! xx

I'm sure I will enjoy them saddlebags, quorn sausages are all well and good.

Feeling a bit better about things today, had to miss shred last night because of family crisis, all good now though.

So breakfast has been:

3 quorn sausages, half a tin tomatoes, mushrooms and 2 dry fried eggs,

lunch was very restrained lettuce, toms, cucumber, chicken, coldslaw made with light mayo (half a syn)

so far have had a pear, banana and an orange.

Not sure what to have for dinner as OH is at work til 1030 so its just me, not sure if I can bothered to cook myself anything so it might just be supernoodles with a couple of eggs in it. Will top up with fruit afterwards to give me my third superfree foods.

Have done shred today, and did my measurements but nothing has changed after 15 days of shred :( still will keep doing it might see something by the end of 30 days, I do feel like I'm doing the moves properly but find the plank really difficult.

Had my usual coffees this morning but am not going to drink any pop and definitely no alcohol, just sticking to water.

decided to make the kedgeree from the EE cookbook for my tea last night, made it with smoked trout that I had in the fridge rather than salmon as in the book.

Then finished off with some strawberries and raspberries with fat free fromage frais and a meringue nest (3 syns)

Later on I was hungry again so had a packet of tesco salt and vingear mini race cakes (5.5 syns)

Still think I'm eating too much especially when I see other peoples food/weight loss diaries, but I still feel hungry sometimes, I think I need to follow my hunger and eat so I'm not hungry and trust in the plan and see how I go.

This morning so far I've had a 3 egg omelette, half a tin of beans and a large mushroom.

Off to the party in the park later on, and will do shred dvd when my breakfast has gone down.

Hi scottish bride, see what I mean about eating loads lol

yesterday:

3 egg omelette with half a tin of beans and mushroom, with 42g low low cheese (hexa)

dinner smoked haddock and pea risotto from EE cookbook, with 6 scallops
afters - raspberries, banana and melon with quark/from frais and options (1 syn- shared with OH) and half a meringue nest (1.5 syns)

snacks - apple, pear, banana, hi fi bar (hexb)

sure there must have been other things but can't remember, must try to do diary at the time rather than in retrospect.

Today -

breakfast - 3 egg omelette with mushroom

lunch - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, jersey royal potatoes, 42g low low cheese (hexa), homemade coleslaw with light mayo (2 syns)
mixed berries and fat free vanilla yoghurt

snacks melon, banana, pear, apple, 2 asda biscuits (7.5 syns) hi fi bar (hexb) boiled egg, 5 slices ham

dinner low fat supernoodles with 1 egg mixed in

did a day of level 3 shred just to see what it was like and must say I enjoyed it better than level 2

had a 'are you losing weight?' comment today which is always nice, and haveswapped a shift with someone (at their request) so can now weigh in on thurs morning instead of wed pm, yay!

got up extra early today, OH had to get up to go to work, so I walked the dogs and did another day of level 3 shred. feel like thats really working me.

Breakfast - banana and strawberries with ff vanilla yogurt.

Lunch 5 scan bran (hexb) 5 laughing cow lights (hexa) small pack of ham,
berries and 0% greek yoghurt,

packet of cassava crisps (can't remember what they'e called) 4 syns,
apple, pear, 2 plums, 1 satsuma,

Don't know what I;m going to have for dinner, we have an appointment at the hotel we're having the wedding at. But I did take some lamb steaks out of the freezer, so will probably grill them after fat taken off and do some veg and potatoes as well, or I could make a moroccan style dish to eat when we get in.... hmm choices choices lol.

kerryathome said:
my wedding dress fit beautifully last night, I had thought I might want straps or something added on but now I;ve lost a bit of weight I'm ok about my chest and shoulders and very proud of my collar bones so have decided to leave it as it is. No adjustments were needed, apart from about a centimeter off the hem at the front.

Yay!! Glad it all went well!!!!

last night removed the fat from the lamb, lucky I have 5 dogs to eat it for me, put some spices in it, mixed it with some butternut squash, onion and vegetable stock then when it was cooked mixed a packet of roasted veg cous cous in, tasted really nice and was filling.

Oh and later had some mini rice cakes (5.5 syns)

Have stuck to plan really well this week so hoping for a good result tomorrow on the scales.

So far today have had -
breakfast strawberries and banana with fat free onken vanilla yoghurt

the plan for later
lunch john west morocccan salmon light lunch (2.5 syns) lettuce, tomato, cucumber, coleslaw with light mayo ( 2 syns)
berries and onken fat free apple and mango yoghurt

dinner - cod (from best ever slimming world recipe book), SW chips and mushy peas

Snacks - have got pear, apple, 2 satsumas, mug shot, mini rice cakes ( 5.5 syns)

will do shred tonight, really feeling it in my shoulders and abs today, feels good!

Have noticed the inches coming off my thighs but everywhere else staying the same. I really want to shift the fat off my tummy and the bt above my waist but not shifting there at all.... any advice form anyone on that score greatly appreciated. Maybe after 30 days of shredding will make an impact.

weigh in this morning, 2.5 pounds off -YAY! happy with that but would have liked to lose a little bit more, but still pleased.

Went out for lunch with OH today, first day off together in a while, had gammon steak with egg and chips, made sure I had some salad with it though so a little bit better, also had a banana split and some pate stuffed mushrooms for starter. So thats that for the week, will be good and on plan for the rest of it, well thats my plan anyway.

Having my bridal hair and make up trials tomorrow so might have a couple of glasses of wine but will try to keep them in my syns and will be good the rest of the day as well.

Have decided to doa scan bran week and try and eat 5 scan bran a day for my HEXb, also going to put a couple of green days in there too to get a bit of a boost.

on thursday night we had grilled steak (all fat removed), SW Chips, oven roasted tomatoes, the au poivre sauce from the saucy secrets book and I put some mushrooms in it too to bulk up the super free foods.

I'm so behind with this!

Fri -
breakfast - 3 egg omelette with mushrooms,

lunch - was out shopping so had pack of chicken breast, pack of wafer thin ham, packet of velvet crunch (4.5 syns) a banana and a plum

dinner - pasta bolognese made with extra lean steak mince, tinned toms, passata, mushrooms, onions, garlic, oregano and thyme

hexb and hexa scan bran x 5 with laughing cow light x 5 and 2tbsp plum jam (new fave)( 4 syns)
1 glass (250ml) rose wine (6 syns)

Just kept to my syn allowance today, but still managed it:)

Sat -
breakfast - banana with fat free yoghurt

lunch lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, pickled egg, 2 tbsp light mayo ( 2syns), turkey breast,
fat free greek yoghurt, mixed frozen berries,

Dinner chinese takeaway king prawns in ginger and spring onions with plain noodles, (approx 6 syns)
hot and sour soup (5 syns)

snacks, apple, pear, banana, 5 scan bran and laughing cow lights with plum jam ( 2 syns)

Shredded both fri and sat, might have day off from it today.

have taken some syn free (SW certified) pork sausages out of freezer this morning for tea, might do some mash and look in saucy secret book for a recipe, I think there was a onion sauce recipe which will go nicely, not sure what veg I have to make up my superfree......

just having my scan bran, laughing cow and plum jam combo for breakfast.

Am planning on eating scan bran every day for a week to see if it boosts my weight loss. managing so far..... 3 days down, 3 to go......

lunch today has been lettuce. tomato, cucumber, pickled egg, seafood mix (mussels, squid rings and prawns) 1 tbsp light mayo (2 syns)
blueberries and raspberries with 0% greek yoghurt,
banana, plum, velvt crunch ( 4syns)

trying not to snack between meals but had an apple and a pear, think its boredom driving me to it. My job sometimes has quiet times when no one comes in, go on minimins a lot to counter the boredom but sometimes give in :(

last night had syn free sausages, red onion gravy from saucy secrets book (1syn), carrots, turnip, sweet potato and potato mashed with ff fromage frais,
then made a scan bran chocolate cake, had quarter of it (3 syns) with ff fromage frais.

today have decided on a green day to try something different:

breakfast - omelette with mushrooms, baked beans and 42g low low cheese (hexa1)

lunch mango, banana, fat free mango and apple yoghurt, hi fi bar (hexb1)

on nightshift tonight so off to bed for a couple of hours then do shred dvd and walk dogs before work.

having a thin day today, which is nice :)

thanks Laura, means a lot to know someone is reading lol.

since getting up I have done my day 23 shred and had

heinz ravioli (2.5 syns), 4 scan bran (hexb2) laughing cow light x4 (hexa2)
quarter scan bran cake (3 syns), 1 tbsp golden syrup (2.5 syns), fat free fromage frais

feel nice and full now,
am roasting some peppers to mix with some cous cous and mushrooms for dinner when I'm at work.

nightshifts are so boring.

had my dinner:
peppers, mushrooms, red onion, tesco mushroom cous cous (1/2 syn I think)
raspberries and blueberries with onken fat free vanilla yoghurt
2 plums and an apple.

Just got to keep myself amused for the next 5 and a half hours........

Hi kerri.
Just read your diary, i completely agree about night shifts being boring as im currently working one myself. Ive just started slimming world and when working nights im constantly at a battle with myself not to help my self to the sweet things that are available here. Ive been bringing fruit and a mullerlight yoghurt but when things go quiet thats when i start to feel hungary. have you got any ideas on filling foods that are ok to eat during the night that wont leave that heavy feeling in the stomache? Congrats on the weight loss also!

Michelle

Thanks Michelle, its nice to know there's someone else out there!

Don't you bring a meal with you? have you tried mugshots? they're nice and filling and sometimes its nice in the night to have something hot. Fruit doesn't seem to do it for me in the night.
Or what about a bit of slimming world quiche, thats handy to make and bring in with you, little packets of ham, boiled eggs, seafood sticks. Loads of things.

I'm trying to eat just my main meals instead of snacking all the time as i think that might be affecting my losses.

What work do you do? I'm a practitioner in a walk in centre and obviously everyone in our town goes to bed on a night so not much going on. Thank heavens for minimins!

I tend to eat a big meal before i come to work, then just snack on fruits and yoghurt.
Im a healthcare assistant at the local hospital and they always have lots of cake, chocolate and biscuits in the pantry of my ward, managed to resist last night but the night before i basically had a major binge of the stuff. I do want to try and make a slimming world quiche. I normally just do quick easy meals but i think taking the time to prepare and cook something from scratch might be good for me. Whats mugshots?

I agree, you should try cooking some meals from scratch, you could make larger portions of things like bolognese or shepherds pie or curry and bring the rest in.

Its a disaster area working on the wards, I remember it well, you must be doing a great job if theres loads of biscuits and chocolate lol. Thats the thing with a first contact service like this people come and go really quickly and its very rare even at christmas to get things from patients, a blessing in disguise really for someone on SW.

Mushots are pasta/soup in a packet that you just mix with hot water like a cup a soup but it has noodles or pasta in it. They're nice, some of them are free but not all.

I would say try to eat something more filling so you don't feel like snacking, easier said than done, I know.

Your doing really well. I like your food choices. I hate working nights, I find it really difficult to stay on track. Keep at it, you'll be a target before you know it. Good luck.:)

Back