kes doing the Cambridge diet: Again....

Kes

Gold Member
Well day one has not been that bad. Just waiting until I get home and I will be having my last shake for the day.
It has been tough, and I've been hungry most of the day, but I am not listening to my stomach, I'm listening to all the fat say goodbye. lol

I love sugar free squash so that Is my hardest thing to over come at the moment. Hopefully I will be able to last......

Do the flavoured water things taste any good? When are you allowed those?

How do you know if and when your body is in ketosis?

Last edited:
Well done on getting through day one :) you can have the water flavourings from week 3 I think, they are nice, I did make icelollies out of it the last time, and it was good to have for a treat :)

hey well done on getting through day 1 :)

I miss drinks more than anything , i used to drink squash and a lot of fizzy pop .. at least 2 litres of pepsi max fizzy lemon and lime a day .. and thats what I find the hardest thing . I cannot stand plain water and struggle to get it donw , but I LOVE the summer berry water flavour :) the veg obe is yummy too , but you only allowed 1 tsp a day so I use the sweet one , I find 1 tsp will flavour 2 litres of water which I make up in the morning and can often drink it by lunch, then I try to force another litre or 2 of plain water down .. I try to down a pint before my shakes :)

Most people hit ketosis about day 4 or 5 , you will notice that your stomach doesnt rumble as much and your mouth will suddenly be dry , taste nasty and your breath will stink !!!

hope that helps a little , and good luck on day 2 :)

thankyou... ketosis sounds like it will be fun!!
i have prewarned the husband.... lol

i just had a leek and potato soup. it was really nice...
heres hoping the rest are as nice as those... (any that i should look out for... ones that are not very nice!)

Yes the broccoli and cheese one is vile but evrything else is great .

They do a brocolli and cheese one.....

Are all the Cambridge consultants supposeed to stock the entire range?

I think they discontinued the Broccoli and Cheese soup a while ago

ahhhh day two... and ive had a mild head ache on and off.... but not anything i cant handle
more hungry than ever... but im going to go to bed in a min so i will be sleep away my hunger....

ive had some nice ones today... and i quite like all of what i have had... so thats not a bad thing i guess. i like them more than the slim fast shakes so thats another plus...

had the original porridge (made properly this time, as yest had the apple and cin one and wasnt exactly made nicely)
and it was LUSH.. love it...
hope all the rest of what i try is ncie... im liking this....

makes a big difference when you like something doesnt it.

Hi I'm glad you like the products so far, I loved the leek & potato also lovely and creamy.
Good luck with your weightloss x

had the original porridge (made properly this time, as yest had the apple and cin one and wasnt exactly made nicely)
and it was LUSH.. love it...
hope all the rest of what i try is ncie... im liking this....

makes a big difference when you like something doesnt it.

Hey Kes, I love the apple&cinn, actually I practically live on it!

I think I will be having the porridge more often than not. I like them
Im not as hungry today which has been fab....

BUt I've not got any of the signs pa being in ketosis... what exactly will happen

well i dont feel as hungry today...
if i get a little hungry i usually have a coffee, and im fine again for a while...

i have not really had any headaches.... and ive not really lost any energy/felt dizzy.... i think i might have to go and get some sticks as i dont think im in ketosis...

im also on the hunt for a new cdc....
my one has not even called me to find out how im doing. and im on day 5!!!!
so ive emailed everyone that comes up on my list and going from there... think i may have found one though. as she isnt far from where i live... but in the opposite direction to where i work. but i dont care. as long as i find someone who actually cares!!!

Well the hunt for a new cdc is over. I've been emailing a lady who seems very nice. so looking forward to seeing if she is any better.

HAD A 100% day yesterday. I Love the weekends. I don't have anything to do with the making of foods. although hubbys dinner smelt so good.

WE went for a nice walk into ttown to get some More glitter paper for the backs of our invites. last 3 are going out tomorrow.

Weigh day tomorrow. I'M so excited to find out what my first week will be.

Wish me luck

oo good luck fooal by tomorrow :) I am in no doubt that you will get to your goal by november if you stick to CD you may even loose a lot more ....
have you got your dress ?? i got married 4 weeks ago and I started CD in november as a size 26 .. and got married in a 16 .... was very happy and now i am back on CD to get the last 2 stone off to goal :) I hope your planning is all coming on ok , our wedding day was amazing , just what we wanted :)
look forward to seeing how your WI goes :)

Yes. Dress has been ordered for months.. should be in sometime this month.. its a 12... currently need to lose 2-3 inches off my bum, and 1-2 inches off my waist and chest....

Eeekkk I'm sure ill do it but still quite nervous about it all. It's my dream after wearing a not so nice fitting dress on our original wedding day here in the UK, to wear a 12 and have it fit perfectly...

Reading this has brought back memories of trying to get in to my dress, lol! (sticky in the bride forum if you want a nose!). With the weeks you've got left to go you'll easily do it!!

I found day 3 the hardest both times I did ss+ (did 790 as it was back then before the wedding!) but then it's got easier suddenly on day 4!

You've inspired me with the porridge too, I normally only have the tetras!

Reading this has brought back memories of trying to get in to my dress, lol! (sticky in the bride forum if you want a nose!). With the weeks you've got left to go you'll easily do it!!

I found day 3 the hardest both times I did ss+ (did 790 as it was back then before the wedding!) but then it's got easier suddenly on day 4!

You've inspired me with the porridge too, I normally only have the tetras!

aww thanks sunflower... where is the bride forum????

well i lost 6.5lbs in my first week!!! WOOP not as much as what i weighed in in the morning (on my scales i lost 8lbs) but in the evening it was only 6.5.. but thats ok, im chuffed with that... more than i have ever lost in a week, so i must be doing something right. and i guess that not doing sole sourse as such im not gonna lose all the big numbers...

and i forgot to mention... that 6.5lbs means that i am now no longer obese.... i am overweight... :) only a few more bmi's until im normal!!! woop woop

oooohhh i found a good lady.... although i wont be seeing her, i will be seeing another lady, she made me feel welcome, and she was really nice. felt really comforatble. the new lady that i will see next week is a new lady who has just started. (the lady i saw last night is her sponsor or something...)

so im very pleased with that.
and i got some more porridge, and ive had that this morning and i feel chocckers!!! woop... no bad food today!!
100% day here we come...

i also talked to her, and im going from the 1000 to the 810. :) she doesnt see why i cant do that....

feeling good today... positive and very much happy!

Back