Ketosis already?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by corioboria, 1 May 2008 Social URL.

1. corioboria

corioboria Cambridge Counsellor

Cambridge diet
    I woke up on the morning of Day 3 with the lack of hunger and funny taste in the mouth that I remember from Atkins days as ketosis. I didn't buy any testing sticks as my CDC said just go by the lack of hunger, but I'm assuming I'm there.

I wasn't expecting it for another few days, especially as I'm doing SS+ so have a few questions:

Is it normal to get into ketosis so quickly? Does that mean anything good or bad about my metabolism?

How long do other people generally take to get into it?

Or am I just deluding myself? (note to self I'll buy some sticks next time)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Caress

Caress Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    It sounds very much like you're in ketosis, I wouldn't say it was anything bad to be in it so soon. When I first started CD, I got into ketosis on the 3rd day as well.

Good luck to you with the diet
  4. redhed

redhed Full Member

yeah thats what happend to me on day 3,you not alone xxxxredhedxxx
  5. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

id say ur def in ketosis aswell. takes 3days for me to get there aswell.

well done :)
  6. kers

kers Full Member

Cambridge Diet
    I waited till this morning (day 4) and definately think I'm in ketosis. Got the second pink colour on the stick. Just wondered if it should be a higher reading or is that right?
  7. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

I'm pretty sure I went into ketosis on day 2 :) Best of luck on the diet
  8. corioboria

corioboria Cambridge Counsellor

Cambridge diet
    Thanks for all the support
  9. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

i was in ketosis by end day 1-day 2. well done! x
  10. jacsprat

jacsprat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    low carb
    I think everyone is different. It also depends on how carbed up you were before starting.

Anything from 1-5 days is possible.

Good luck

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.