Ketosis and ducloax pearls

Hi I am on week 4 and this is my final week before re-feed. I am really thrilled with the results as I have managed to loose 16 pounds all together.

On my weigh in last week they tested me for Ketosis and once again I am pale pink on the indicator which the chemist said means I am only in very mild ketosis! She said I need to be in the dark pink / purple but I have been the light pink every week. She said it didnt make sense as I would have to have been to have been in ketosis to have lost the amount of weight I have, not feel starving and have the ability to do intensive excercise everynight. I havent cheated at all although I mentioned I took ducolax pearls which she said I shouldnt really be taking and this may take me out of Ketosis. Has anyone else had this problem? I suppose I dont mind as long as the scales are going in the right direction, I just find it frustrating and cant understand why. I am on lots of water each day, I reckon at least 5 litres if that makes any difference!

Many thanks
Claudia

no sorry hun i wouldnt know im trying to find out how long it takes to go into ketosis as i cant remember x x

Hi Claudia,

I'm sure nictastic will be on later to confirm this but your chemist is wrong!

If you have stuck to LT (which you have) then you will be in ketosis. The test stick should be light pink. It should never be dark pink or burgundy as that means you are not drinking enough water to flush the little blighters out. You are drinking 5 litres which is plenty. The only time the stick will be darker would be first tiddle of the morning after the ketones build up during the night.

Hope this helps.

x

Hi I am on week 4 and this is my final week before re-feed. I am really thrilled with the results as I have managed to loose 16 pounds all together.

On my weigh in last week they tested me for Ketosis and once again I am pale pink on the indicator which the chemist said means I am only in very mild ketosis! She said I need to be in the dark pink / purple but I have been the light pink every week. She said it didnt make sense as I would have to have been to have been in ketosis to have lost the amount of weight I have, not feel starving and have the ability to do intensive excercise everynight. I havent cheated at all although I mentioned I took ducolax pearls which she said I shouldnt really be taking and this may take me out of Ketosis. Has anyone else had this problem? I suppose I dont mind as long as the scales are going in the right direction, I just find it frustrating and cant understand why. I am on lots of water each day, I reckon at least 5 litres if that makes any difference!

Many thanks
Claudia
Your chemist is stopid!!!! she doesn't know what she is talking about!!!!Very dark is not good, as it means you are dehydrated!!!! You should aim for light to mid pink...which could even go to neg through out the day; because, the more water you drink, the more it dilutes your keotones you pass but you are still in ketosis!
The only time it should be dark pink, is first thing in the morning when you havent drank for around 8 hours!!!
Please dont worry Again another case of incompetent chemists!!!!!
ducolax are fine!!!

Hi Claudia,

I'm sure nictastic will be on later to confirm this but your chemist is wrong!

If you have stuck to LT (which you have) then you will be in ketosis. The test stick should be light pink. It should never be dark pink or burgundy as that means you are not drinking enough water to flush the little blighters out. You are drinking 5 litres which is plenty. The only time the stick will be darker would be first tiddle of the morning after the ketones build up during the night.

Hope this helps.

x
hehehe xx confirmed x

ermmmmmmm i think i need dulcolax :eek: ;)

I take 2 hun... before bed and i get an early wake up call around 3-4am and it definately gets rid...other people suggest only to take one...but i like to feel as tho everything has gone..also after i would say to use fibreclear as it is fibre bulk and will help to keep you regular and also bulk you out (kind normal poo's ) TMI soz x

i'm glad nictastic replied. YEAH :D:D

she has just echoed everything my chemists has said.

they even gave me a few strips free so i can test first thing on a morning before i go to get weighed - rather than doing a sample.

Thanks Nic, knew you would know the answer! Makes you wonder if these chemists get any training at all!

x

Lol....we should set up our own LT suppliers...We seem to know more, without training, than the chemists xx

Back