ketosis and polycystic ovaries

lizfitz

i suffer from polycystic ovaries and had gestational diabetes with both my children i have never had regular period and after my first was born 4yrs ago i haven't had a period not one untill almost two weeks in too LT i'm on my 3rd week now and i've just started my 2nd since starting. one dr told me that a diet like this could help with my condition and told me to start LL (more expensive). i didn't expect much other than weight loss but now it means i can have more children if i want as before my chance's where very slim. going to see my consultant tomorrow and i am going to tell him about LT and what has happened to see if he can shed more light on it.

anyway just wanted to share this with you all.

Thats a nice and positive from the doc, great news, if you want more kids that is! xxx

Weight and oestrogen production are closely linked. Lots of threads on here about it! Lose the weight and the hormones begin to play again! Well done for taking a great step to do this. Good luck for the future.

hey I am so glad I read this thread I have pcos as well! and since I have been on lipotrim I had a scanm on my kidneys yesterday and they marked my ovaries as normal my periods are normal now and I dont have any symptoms. I was told all lipotrim will do is help xx

Wow Liz that is great news, good luck xx

Weight and oestrogen production are closely linked. Lots of threads on here about it! Lose the weight and the hormones begin to play again! Well done for taking a great step to do this. Good luck for the future.

i still had this problem before i put weight on back before having my children i had 2 periods in a year and i was only a size8 PCOS doesn't only affect overweight people like many people think but excess weight doesn't help.

i still had this problem before i put weight on back before having my children i had 2 periods in a year and i was only a size8 PCOS doesn't only affect overweight people like many people think but excess weight doesn't help.

I do know that. My daughter has pcos and is a size 6-8. She has been vehemently told at the hospital NOT to gain weight at all as this will only exacerbate her problems. Weight is however a single thing that you can control (albeit with difficulty as thats why we are here), that will help.

I'm having my second period in 3 weeks too... Thanks for explaining why!!

also have pcos

hi i am going to restarting lipo trim tomorrow and alo have pcos thanks for this info as its nice to find someong with the same condition doing lipo trim, wish me good luck for tomorrow.

i had blood tests about 8 years ago which showed borderline PCOS, however, i then had a scan and nothing was visible there.
i do have the symptoms (weight gain, some excessive hair growth, irregular periods, infertility).
we have been trying for a 3rd child for almost 11 years with no success and i have one period about every 15 months.
Reading this thread has given me hope that perhaps whatever is wrong with my stupid body just may put itself right on lipotrim (to have another baby would be like a dream ive all but given up on)
cherylxx

Hi all, i'm new here. Have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and consultant encouraged me to get back on Cambridge as had previously lost (and rapidly gained back 5 stones). Hoping this time weight will not return so quickly now I Know about my insulin issues, Start back SS on wed. Its so fantastic to hear everypones positive stories, was so worried about symtoms and infertilty but it seems ss gives us such a fighting chance of getting weight off, I know from experience it's the only things that ever worked for me before. Ok have rambled enough, just wanted to say hi!! x

you can have the syptoms and without the cysts on the ovaries and losing weight helps the symptoms and can bring back your periods i only had to lose a stone for this to happen. i wish you all luck as i really does help. after many years with no periods it's strange to have one (and for 2weeks so far) there is a great book you can buy from amazon that explains everything about it from why to how to control the symptoms and what best to eat.

The Ultimate PCOS Handbook: Lose Weight, Boost Fertility, Clear Skin and Restore Self-esteem (Paperback)
by Colette Harris (Author), Theresa Cheung (Author)

only £10 and it was worth it.

jobee means she is starting back on sole source plan

Back