Ketosis - will you definitely lose weight?

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
I'm on day 5 of a VLCD, via meal replacements, and am in a decent state of ketosis (according to a little pee stick) Does this mean I will definitely lose weight fast? I've read up on what ketosis is and how it works, but was wondering if anyone can attest to it actually working? Has it worked for anyone else?

You'll lose weight on a vlcd whether yiure in ketosis or not. It does help but it cuts down on the hunger pangs etc

You only need to read any of the vlcd forums to see how well it works

Basically I'm sure it means you are in 'fat burning' stage but yeah take a look at the other parts of the forum(s)

yep - works for the vast majority of people.

Day 5 is when you start thinking OMG this better be worth it!! It will be though if you stick to it and drink plenty of water you will get great results that will motivate you :) good luck xxxx

I agree what the others have said. I don't have any of the wee things :( But I'm on day 4 and I think I'm like you. I have the bad breath, but suddenly not hungry any more wooo :D I think if you are doing all the right things you will loose weight. How much depends on the person. I have seen anything between 1lb and 12lb when I have been looking online. So don't be disappointed it will all be worth it in the end :D

It's definitely worth it. I'm on week four and it just feels normal now!! Good luck

Start weight 16 stone 8.5 lbs
Messed about with WW
Start LL 29.4.13 16st 3 lbs
WK 1 - 8lbs
WK2 - 3lbs
WK2.5 - started CD lost another 2lbs

Total 18.5 lbs

Back