Ketosis...

A quick ketosis question -
Does ketosis definitely stop hunger pangs? I ask because I am on SS and am in ketosis (the wee stick says so) but I still get quite bad pangs of hunger, though not so bad as on days 1 and 2. Does this go away completely, or will I still get very hungry as I continue with SS?
Thanks,
k_o

Speaking from day 2! id love to know how im gonna feel on day 4...5....6... if the hunger pangs will go!? i cud eat a nuns arse threw the convent railings!

Am bumping the thread cos I'd love an answer :)

I have been told that the coldness is due to the sugar change over process

hiya all im on day 2 of the cambridge diet just wondered how long this ketosis will take and wil i feel much better when im in that stage im really hungry and a bit headachy at the mo but so very determined to stick this out and shift this weight been reading the stories and youve all done so well well done all

ketosis

ok guys im starting day 3 of cambridge diet woke feeling loads better and not as hungry this morning done keytone test and have started ketosis already so im really plzed means im getting there now woohoo im no way as hungry as i was and feeling a bit more energetic how i havent drowned myself with the amout of water i have been drinking is beyond me lol but its all working scales says 3lbs off already only starting day 3 so its all good yeyyyy :):)

Severe ketosis is a problem, or the ketosis that you get when you're diabetic and not managing your sugar levels properly...the mild ketosis that you are in on CD is not a problem.

I've just restarted Cambridge to lose some baby weight that accumulated whilst I was pregnant and not allowed to do anything low carb! I started on Tuesday and was showing a deep pink ketosis when I tested before bed last night. I dont feel cold yet but want to - I'm boiling all the time (might still have some pregnancy hormones floating around I guess, or maybe its general fatness!!!). So dying to be a bit cooler.

One thing I did notice when I did Lighterlife was that I would be particularly cold after drinking a lot of water - if I did a litre or so in a short time. I think the water does cool you down as much as ketosis itself. So to remedy that try and take small sips little and often rather than necking a litre 4 times a day! Others may not find this of course but I did.

What a great diet heh? I did a weigh in after 2 days and I'd already lost 6 pounds.

x

How's about using the milk you've bin told to have in your shake insted of making it with just water, it might be a little more pleasant tasting for you then.
Gota be worth a try.

I am on my 3rd day and am in ketosis.. so

AM BURNING FAT>>>WHOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I feel great, not tired, don't feel hungry either... will not get complacent though... will just keep adding on this site to make sure I get support from you all..

Good luck to anyone who is struggling.. or to all who find it ok...

hiya, my Ketosis reading is TRACE 0.05 is this what it should be?? It was actually a toss up between the negative reading and the TRACE, I honestly think it was closer to the TRACE. I'm just into day 3. I have done CD COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY, drank the water and had 3 shakes a day, nothing else. I felt like HELL for most of yesterday and although I still have a fuzzy head and a bit of a headache, and... maybe a little sickly feeling too, I feel a lot better than yesterday. Could I be in ketosis? oh, TOTM for me too.

Does EVERYONE get the feeling of wellbeing when they are in Ketosis?? If I'm in ketosis at the moment I don't feel that great, maybe I won't get that get up and go feeling:eek:

Im coming to the end of day 3 and similarly mine showed nothing really to note. Is there anyone who can advise on this. I am starving today altho days 1 and 2 were fine.

Im also interested to know how days 4 5 6 7 will be. I have struggled today but stuck to it and drank all my water and some!

Thanks

Jus x

HiThere

:)Hi chuckie21,
Ive just read your question and i was wondering that too .I though it was just me ,but i'm cold all the time not so tired now though but do sleep alnight . I'm like you i have lost 10 1/4lbs in my first week and i'm down to 16st9lbs ,i would like to be 11 1/2 st ,what do you want to get to ?this is my first time on this site so could do with a buddy to chat to if you want to that is?

how long does it take on average??

also do u stop feeling tired and cold once your in it because i have zero energy and im f-f-f-f-f-freezing lol

hi all,
ive also posted this as a main thread. could really use some advice.
i have been doing lipotrim for the last 3 weeks and was in the mid range ketosis (reading of between 4-6) and was feeling no hunger at all.
i switched to CD yesterday and felt great all day but on waking this morning i was starving and have been all day. tummy is rumbling very loudly (so loud the kids keep frowning at me) and ive checked and im only at trace reading of ketones (0.5 bottom reading next to negative):cry:
what happened, why did my ketones abandon me? ive completely stuck to shakes and i drink plenty of water.
at this rate im going to end up eating (especially after 3 weeks of nice ketosis state) :sigh:
cherylxx

CD yesterday

I started CD yesterday and I still don't get the ketosis, when will I know I am in it???

Currently I feel, sick hungry and a little depressed if I am honest.

Any help would be great

I started CD yesterday and I still don't get the ketosis, when will I know I am in it???

Currently I feel, sick hungry and a little depressed if I am honest.

Any help would be great

hiya, i am heading to day three tomorrow and felt very down on day one, a little better today but still hungry:sigh:, it can only get better i think as each day passes, why dont you do what i have done and order some ketostix or purchase them from the chemist that way you can do a test to see how far into ketosis you are :)

hang in there hun, its difficult trying to adjust isnt it, but the end result will be sooo worth it,

take care

debs x

Thanks Debs

Its great to hear of a fellow dieter. I'll get to the chemist tomorrow.

Its great to hear of a fellow dieter. I'll get to the chemist tomorrow.

no probs hun x

good luck and let me know how you get on

debs x

hello ava im really interested in the fact you lost 12 stone im so pleased for you well done ! such an insperation !!!!!!!! please can you tell me where you on sole source for all that time and did you have any hair loss .any info u can give me would really help thankyou

Speaking from day 2! id love to know how im gonna feel on day 4...5....6... if the hunger pangs will go!? i cud eat a nuns arse threw the convent railings!

lol just reading this and nearly wet myself laughing... brilliant ! hope you are less hungry now as I think on any other diet this would count towards your daily 'sin' allowence!.

Back