Ketosis...

me too

Hi - I'm at the end of day 5 and still not in ketosis. I am concerned that I'll never get there. I know from doing Atkins in the past that I'm really resistant to getting into ketosis (sometimes had to limit my carb to 25g per day just to get there), and having looked at the sachets for nutritional information have found that there are 14g of carb per shake - how am I going to get into ketosis eating 50+g of carb each day? Am I missing something? Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Thank you so much for the advice, I'll stick with it and see how I get on over the next couple of days. Will let you know when I get there....

woohoo ketosis

Title says it all! Got into ketosis today, feeling much much better. No longer hungry, sticks very very pale, but I know the ketones are there as I feel so much better. Weight loss here I come :)

i tested for ketosis this morning and i'm definately there. could have been for days. didn't test until today. however i'm still craving enough to eat my own arm!! aaaargh.

abz xx

Well if you're in ketosis and still hungry, then there goes my diagnosis :p

I've been surprised actualy, considering I ate 3000ish calories before, I haven't been that hungry :confused:
But I'm still hungry this morning, so I don't know.

I appear to have lost a few lbs since yesterday (I'm a definite scale hopper!), so maybe I am in ketosis, I don't know.

I wouldn't expect so since I had a litre of summer berry flavoured water yesterday, and a tiny bit of salad, and I asked for a glass of water in a coffee shop and they put lemon in it :eek: so I had to fish it out :p

i don't feel hungry exactly. i'm just desperately craving everything in sight. it's the worst day yet. at least i know my weight should be going down :)

abz xx

I feel quite proud, I haven't really had cravings (apart from for chicken! :confused:) and I haven't been too hungry, and every time I've been faced with temptation I've managed not to cheat :)

I have a packet of mint imperials in my drawer begging to be eaten but I just have to say no. ;)

Oh, and, YAY! I'm in ketosis :) I got some ketostix this afternoon just to see.
They're very dark though :eek: is that ok?

if they are really dark you probably need to be drinking more water. first thing on a morning they usually are because that's when you're most hydrated but really i don't think they should be past pale pink any other time of day and if they are they you need to get gluggling :D

i'm not hungry now, i'm just lethargic. can barely move. fell asleep for about an hour and a half just now and feel yuck. don't know how i'm going to work tomorrow. but then i have monday and tuesday off too...

abz xx

Hi i'm a new starter - i've started the cambridge diet today. Already i feel really light headed, kinda dizzy and more than a little sick.
Is this because of the ketosis?

I felt like that on my first day, and now I feel fine :)

Do what your body tells you - if you're tired, have a nap; if you have a headache, drink more water and have a painkiller.

Sounds like you'll be in ketosis in no time. :)

if you are feeling sick hon the best thing i've found is to drink some water before and after the shake. your tummy might gurgle a bit but the nautia should subside. good luck. you're doing great :D and after a few days it does get better. i haven't gone through my finest hour today, well, who am i kidding, of course i have. a day like this in the past and i would have fallen off with a thump, but in three days i've lost more than i thought possible (not jinxing it by saying it out loud or typing it, ha) and it's going to be worth it. tomorrow is another day :)

abz xx

thanks for the support. Day three now, doing great. Feel a bit gutted that i don't actually have any reliable scales in the house, so i can't actually see how i'm doing. Three days in and the ketosis test is still negative, hoping there'll be some success tomorrow morning (before the water filters everything) I think my biggest problem so far has been trying to train my body to drink so much water!! I'm not normally a big drinker but this is killing me - after my last post I projectile vomited pure water 12 times in the bathroom. Feel like it's doing me good though, skin seems clearer and I feel healthier. Just bloody hungry! xx

you poor thing. don't drink until you throw up!! small sips hon. small sips. they all add up :D

abz xx

so how pink is the stick meant to be? I just checked mine ans it is the one pink up from nothing. So a Trace. IS that right? Or should it be more pink than that? I am on day 3.

a trace is fine:) you are in ketosis!

Well done day 3!!!

I'm on day 5. Am drinking 4 to 5 litres of water a day. Just tested my 3rd or 4th wee(sorry to be graphic) and ketosix shows medium(moyen)0.4. Is this too high or would this explain why my scales show 10.75lbs loss already?

hi, i'm new to this diet and this site. I read last night from someones post that said we could have coke zero as it doesnt have citric acid in it. I have read the lable and it contains phosphoric acid... is this not the same? i would be really grateful if someone could let me know as my cough medician contains phosphoric acid and i didn't think i could take it and i am coughing so bad at the moment it would be nice to know i could take some lol

im starving so definetly not in ketosis...... but i will wait...........STARVING

im finding it so hard to drink water i can only manage 1liter per day..... i hate water wen im on cd makes me more hungry

Back