Total Solution Ketosis

minimich

Hiya
I'm on day three now, feeling good, sticking to it religiously and exercising as directed for 20 mins a day running on my treadmill. Slightly hungry but only when im bored like on a night when kids are in bed and im sat here on my own (husband deployed to Afghanistan almost 3 weeks ago).

Can anyone tell me when you go into ketosis? This is new to me, i'd never even heard of it till i started this diet.

Thanks

Ketosis is when your body starts to use up its fat reserves rather than sugar, etc, from your food. Everyone is different and so will go into ketosis at different times, but usually by day 5/6 you should be well in. You can buy ketostix to tell you when youre in ketosis, but in my opinion you don't really need them, I can tell when I'm in ketosis because of the metallic taste that you get in your mouth, as well as not feeling hungry anymore. Hope that helps :) Sounds like youre doing fab so far! :)

Thanks Steeleee
Had a bit of a rubbish day three but back on track today (day 4). Been to the docs today to do the whole giving up smoking thing, going with the tablets and had to set a give up day, which i set for April 16th, by then i should be into week 3 of my diet so hopefully won't put on too much weight.

OMG. Are you trying to totally transform while your OH is away?? Losing 40lbs and giving up the cigarettes. That would be wonderful.

I gave up smoking many years ago and it is not half as hard as this diet. But once you get to week three of the diet and see the losses it is sooo motivating that you WANT to keep going to see what will happen at next weeks wi. I think giving up the cigarettes then is a good idea. It only takes about two days to overcome the physical withdrawal from nicotine. After that its just the habit that will be difficult to deal with.

I think you are brave and I look forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Belle

Back