Ketosis???

2005pinkpig

I was saying to some of you the other day that when testing my urine I had glucose in it but no ketones so unsure whether I was in Ketosis. Went 4 weigh in today (and lost 7lb woohoo!!) but asked the pharmacist about it he says: some people take longer to get in than others may be more glycogen to burn off and probably a slow metabolism (no surprise there) so hopefully will get in some time this week if not he says there may some other problem that needs looking into. Hope I do get there don't want to stop now or have to worry about visiting my GP 4 investigations. Anyway apart from that it's going well, thought it might me a bit of useful/less information 4 u.

Hiya Pinkpig
I thought youre post was very interesting as I seem to have a similar problem to you.
I went for my first weigh in on Friday and only lost 6lbs.......I'm over 21st so I have plenty to lose trust me.
I asked them why the loss was so low and they told me I might not be in ketosis (I havent experienced the symptoms I've read about)
I do suffer with PCOS so wonder if that could be affecting me.
I've seriously struggled to lose weight for the past 5 years because of this condition but thought LT would be the answer to my prayers.
Does anyone else suffer with PCOS and what sort of reaction have you had on LT???

Great loss, well done and a informative post..

Back